Fender Bender
4319 posts

Re: The Honey Moon Is Over

May 9, 2013

llLeonhart wrote:

Yeah this game is pretty messed up.

I gave up the MP a week ago because I can't stand the monotony of this game, and when I checked the new DLC I was completely disappointed, I mean Armor and swords? C'mon we need so much stuff and they are adding armor? New modes and maps are something crucial to the game and we didn't hear anything about that.

Look, I think the DLC pricing is outlandish.  I think the game needs a lot of work.  My support of it is certainly slipping, but people have been asking for DLC a lot.  SSM provided some and are working on more.  They're working on at least one new mode, maps are on the way as is additional DLC.

I think faulting them for only releasing swords and armor is relatively unfair.  The stuff takes time, it just does.  This is what they had ready to go, pushed through QA and Sony and this is what we got.  The pricing of it is another issue, and I certainly think it's valid to take them to task on that one.  

It's also not really fair to fault them for releasing DLC when we still need bug fixes.  That's marketing, that's higher-ups making that call and it's just the nature of the beast these days.  Every game does it and there's always a backlash, but they've got to generate the revenue.

If consumers would actually stop paying for things while making it clear that they won't buy until fixes are implemented, then we would see changes in strategy.  But, I don't think that's ever going to happen. 

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 71 of 72 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: The Honey Moon Is Over

May 9, 2013

Vanthem wrote:

Look, I think the DLC pricing is outlandish.  I think the game needs a lot of work.  My support of it is certainly slipping, but people have been asking for DLC a lot.  SSM provided some and are working on more.  They're working on at least one new mode, maps are on the way as is additional DLC.

I think faulting them for only releasing swords and armor is relatively unfair.  The stuff takes time, it just does.  This is what they had ready to go, pushed through QA and Sony and this is what we got.  The pricing of it is another issue, and I certainly think it's valid to take them to task on that one.  

It's also not really fair to fault them for releasing DLC when we still need bug fixes.  That's marketing, that's higher-ups making that call and it's just the nature of the beast these days.  Every game does it and there's always a backlash, but they've got to generate the revenue.

If consumers would actually stop paying for things while making it clear that they won't buy until fixes are implemented, then we would see changes in strategy.  But, I don't think that's ever going to happen. 

Spot on sir! Everything is on a schedule, it has to be. The releasing of the Elite Updates and the first batch of DLC are no exception. And yes, the game needs a serious fixing. Things would be easier if they just communicated with the fans/community/customers.

When can we expect the first DLC?

What can we expect with the first DLC?

What bugs/exploits are y'all addressing with the next patch?

Just some simple things like this. They could say May, Unique Weapons and Armor, and we'll be releasing patch notes on the next patch within the upcoming weeks. This will get people excited about stuff. "I can't wait to see which new weapons and armor is coming" would be buzzing around.

The problem with most of these companies is they don't communicate with their fans and community. Fix the communication and you'll a better more likeable community.

They act like they're building a time machine or something. Lol!

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW

Message 72 of 72 (64 Views)
0 Likes