Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: The Multiplayer Beta Experience

Jan 24, 2013
@stripesmarine

*salutes back*

Thanks! The GOW series is my favorite. I was pleased to be partaking in this beta and wanted to provide the feedback necessary in order to make the MP successful. None of that "fix this crap!" type of feedback, actual useful and educated feedback the developers could use in improving the overall product.
Message 31 of 52 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Like I said before I love the BETA. I have been waiting for a good, brutal, hack n slash, multiplayer game that lets me wield a blade, and get rewarded for skills. I upgraded my pre-order to the collectors edition, my only gripe with the game is that Zeus, and Ares are not really balanced. Zeus has teleportation, AOES that do ridiculous damage, and vacume players inside. I have seen some minor glitches that I know will be fixed like stealing Polyphemus kills, recieving damage from DOTS after respawning from a death. Overall I really love the game, and cant wait for the complete polished product.

Message 32 of 52 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 24, 2013

M413FIK-E wrote:

Like I said before I love the BETA. I have been waiting for a good, brutal, hack n slash, multiplayer game that lets me wield a blade, and get rewarded for skills. I upgraded my pre-order to the collectors edition, my only gripe with the game is that Zeus, and Ares are not really balanced. Zeus has teleportation, AOES that do ridiculous damage, and vacume players inside. I have seen some minor glitches that I know will be fixed like stealing Polyphemus kills, recieving damage from DOTS after respawning from a death. Overall I really love the game, and cant wait for the complete polished product.

I have to agree with everyone that this beta was by far one of the best if not the best multyplayer experiences I have every had, and IMO all they need to bring in is clan battles, and private matches, but for the Zeus thing his magic is over powered compared to Ares. Though if you look at the big picture Zeus is mostly magic so that's what his strength is in, and Ares is the God of war so therefore he will have physical damage and little magic, it all depends on what game style you want, whether it be physical, magic, or both. Then that's what helps you decide on the God. So I think that the gods are perfect and the producers shouldn't focus on them anymore 

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Message 33 of 52 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

@elite-predator26

I have to respectfully disagree in terms of balance. While I do agree that when playing as Zeus, you feel like the master wizard Merlin himself; there isn't a mutual feeling about Ares when it comes to physical combat.

Zeus is exactly what SSM touted he would be (and then some). But as Ares, you don't feel like a physical combat machine. Ares champs cannot defeat Zeus champs in physical battle as easily as Zeus champs can defeat Ares champs in magic battles.

That's were the problem of balance arises. During the early days of the beta (I'm not sure if you were apart of it then) Ares physical strength was admirable. After a patch or two, it decreased while Zeus' magic abilities were give more strength.

And without being able to give Hades and Poseidon a test run, we're not sure if Ares is going to be a dominate champ against one of the other gods and whether or not Zeus is going to be dominated by one of the other gods.

So based on the general user playing experience since only two gods where selectable, either Zeus was OP or Ares was UP which is practically the same thing resulting in extreme balance issues among the two selectable classes.

Message 34 of 52 (116 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Re: The Multilayer Beta Experience

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Yea you have a point, I found it kind of strange how Zeus' weapons matches Ares, for example the war hammer....First of all Zeus doesn't use ANY weapon besides the blade of Olympus, and that was in GoW 2 xD, but I think they just did that because it was the beta. However when the actual game comes out they SHOULD have it where Ares=physical

Zeus=Magical

and

Poseidon=Battle mage

But as the beta goes "IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, enjoy"

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Message 35 of 52 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Apparently, Zeus is the battle mage. I understand WHY he has a axe, but I don't understand why he is on par with Ares' physical attack.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 36 of 52 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 24, 2013
@elite-predator26

"IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, enjoy" Yes sir! Lol.

@d1v4d

Most of us can't grasp this concept. Ares' physical attacking are underwhelming.
Message 37 of 52 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 24, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:
@elite-predator26

"IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, enjoy" Yes sir! Lol.

@d1v4d

Most of us can't grasp this concept. Ares' physical attacking are underwhelming.

underwhelming isn't a bold enough term :smileysad:

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 38 of 52 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 24, 2013
@d1v4d

I was being modest. Lol! :smileyhappy:
Message 39 of 52 (88 Views)
Wastelander