Wastelander
787 posts

Re: The Story of Erebus.

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

metlgearsolid200 wrote:
@DelSol...lol what are you talking about budy. you are on the list. You don't have a nick name so it's hard to spot. We need to finde you one.

Lies!

I read that list a few times thinking that. Tsk Tsk metl

Stridis*

Message 21 of 185 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Jan 31, 2013

metlgearsolid200 wrote:
No no no...How i do it is not like that. Even if i do destroy him he mite still get in. It all depends on how you fight in the battlefeild. I'll have him face me and some other members and they vote on if he's good enough as a fighter.

Like the Cheerleaders do for getting new recruits to their squad?  Are you going to ask him to "bring it on"?

brin it lol

Message 22 of 185 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 31, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

metlgearsolid200 wrote:
@ Rambo..sorry man you need to try out still Smiley Happy

Tryouts for a video game lol.  If he doesn't make it, will you kick him to the curb and make him watch from afar?  I look forward to playing AGAINST these segregated clans.  What's even more funny, is if in his "tryout" he destroys you, why would he even want to join at that point?  Maybe he'll start his own exclusive clan and make you tryout for him lol.  

I understand wanting the best, but at some point you let people in because they share a similar perspective about the game  and want to play as a team, not based solely on his skill.  There is already shame in this clan and the game isn't even out yet.  

You must have not have ever played very competitively huh?  

In any game ever, if you want to be the best you don't just let anyone join.  You'll always need to prove yourself.  

We test our players and if they don't make the cut we will have a "casual" bracket open for casual tournaments if they have any.  If they don't quite make it, we are willing to work with people who are willing to accept their game play needs some work done.  

Message 23 of 185 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

VanillaBeast wrote:

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

Tryouts for a video game lol.  If he doesn't make it, will you kick him to the curb and make him watch from afar?  I look forward to playing AGAINST these segregated clans.  What's even more funny, is if in his "tryout" he destroys you, why would he even want to join at that point?  Maybe he'll start his own exclusive clan and make you tryout for him lol.  

I understand wanting the best, but at some point you let people in because they share a similar perspective about the game  and want to play as a team, not based solely on his skill.  There is already shame in this clan and the game isn't even out yet.  

In any game ever, if you want to be the best you don't just let anyone join.  You'll always need to prove yourself.  

We test our players and if they don't make the cut we will have a "casual" bracket open for casual tournaments if they have any.  If they don't quite make it, we are willing to work with people who are willing to accept their game play needs some work done.  

Actually, I've qualified for both Madden Challenges the past two years and played in NYC for $500,000 last year, so yes, yes I have.  I also won every Gamestop Madden and NCAA tournament in my area when they were on PS in the mid-2000s, so yeah, I think I understand competitition.  I also understand that when you're talking to someone on a forum for months and when they ask to play a game with you and you tell them "you can tryout and we'll see", that maybe, just maybe you're taking things a little too serious.  Remember, you and only you have deemed yourself worthy to "test" other players before you play with them.

I think you're going to fall in love with my weapon come March 12th, you're going to be kissing it a awful lot.

Message 24 of 185 (236 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 31, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

VanillaBeast wrote:

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

Actually, I've qualified for both Madden Challenges the past two years and played in NYC for $500,000 last year, so yes, yes I have.  I also won every Gamestop Madden and NCAA tournament in my area when they were on PS in the mid-2000s, so yeah, I think I understand competitition.  I also understand that when you're talking to someone on a forum for months and when they ask to play a game with you and you tell them "you can tryout and we'll see", that maybe, just maybe you're taking things a little too serious.  Remember, you and only you have deemed yourself worthy to "test" other players before you play with them.

I think you're going to fall in love with my weapon come March 12th, you're going to be kissing it a awful lot.

Sports games VS actual competitive shooters and fighting games?  Lol.  

But when you want to be the best, like I said, you don't just say "hey you can join and participate in all of the tournaments!"  

Go look at GET+ on Uncharted.  Look at what they can do.  Think they just going around handing out invites?   C'mon now.  

Message 25 of 185 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

VanillaBeast wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

VanillaBeast wrote:

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

But when you want to be the best, like I said, you don't just say "hey you can join and participate in all of the tournaments!"  

Go look at GET+ on Uncharted.  Look at what they can do.  Think they just going around handing out invites?   C'mon now.  

"Sports games VS actual competitive shooters and fighting games?  Lol."

Are you trying to devalue the game as competitive because it's sports?  Wow, something is seriously wrong there.  The nature of sports is competitive, and I actually played for a REAL REWARD, it matters not the genre.  This game is for FUN.  There are no tournaments that I've heard of, monetary rewards, cash in games, etc...  At the end of the day, regardless of who wins these GOW MP matches, you continue living your life, unaffected by the outcome of a simple video game.  I was actually playing for something that could change my life forever, so shame on you for even implying a sports game couldn't be compared to a "fighting game".  

You just want to judge, you do it by your "clan", and you judged again by your response.  You go ahead and play with your little clan, deem who can and can't play, you have a right to do that, just as I have a right to laugh at your ways of telling others if they can play with you or not.

I actually ran a Gym in Fight Night Champions, it was ranked high, many wanted in.  I never once "tested" anyone, I let those who wanted in, in, and we went from there.  That game had even more impact because if a member lost a figth, it would actually pull your gym rank down.  I never kicked anyone on their performance, we worked together as a team to get better by training.  Were we #1, nope, but we had fun, we made each other better, which is the whole point of this.  A point your clan will sorely be missing.

I'd rather die fighting against your clan than live alongside it.  

Message 26 of 185 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 31, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

VanillaBeast wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

VanillaBeast wrote:

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

"Sports games VS actual competitive shooters and fighting games?  Lol."

Are you trying to devalue the game as competitive because it's sports?  Wow, something is seriously wrong there.  The nature of sports is competitive, and I actually played for a REAL REWARD, it matters not the genre.  This game is for FUN.  There are no tournaments that I've heard of, monetary rewards, cash in games, etc...  At the end of the day, regardless of who wins these GOW MP matches, you continue living your life, unaffected by the outcome of a simple video game.  I was actually playing for something that could change my life forever, so shame on you for even implying a sports game couldn't be compared to a "fighting game".  

You just want to judge, you do it by your "clan", and you judged again by your response.  You go ahead and play with your little clan, deem who can and can't play, you have a right to do that, just as I have a right to laugh at your ways of telling others if they can play with you or not.

I actually ran a Gym in Fight Night Champions, it was ranked high, many wanted in.  I never once "tested" anyone, I let those who wanted in, in, and we went from there.  That game had even more impact because if a member lost a figth, it would actually pull your gym rank down.  I never kicked anyone on their performance, we worked together as a team to get better by training.  Were we #1, nope, but we had fun, we made each other better, which is the whole point of this.  A point your clan will sorely be missing.

I'd rather die fighting against your clan than live alongside it.  

For someone who doesn't know the first thing about competitive game play you sure as hell like to argue about it.  

I'm sure once Squiidx gets his hands on the community you'll be able to learn about it, just stay in touch. 

Message 27 of 185 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

For someone who doesn't know the first thing about competitive game play you sure as hell like to argue about it.  

I'm sure once Squiidx gets his hands on the community you'll be able to learn about it, just stay in touch. 

Lol, am I supposed to fear some random dude who plays video games?  I'm pretty sure after I get done playing I'll still have my house, career, car, daughter, life, etc...  I'll be just fine, thanks.  Winning is nice, but in a online multiplayer game with no risk or reward, I'll just play to have fun.  Thanks.

Message 28 of 185 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 31, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

Lol, am I supposed to fear some random dude who plays video games?  I'm pretty sure after I get done playing I'll still have my house, career, car, daughter, life, etc...  I'll be just fine, thanks.  Winning is nice, but in a online multiplayer game with no risk or reward, I'll just play to have fun.  Thanks.

Now you're just being silly.  Your whole approach to the situation is quite frankly asinine.  

We test out our players to gauge their skill level.  If they don't quite make it we will work with them, and if they aren't very good we will offer them the casual bracket.  

As for tournaments sony might set up some, GoW: A might make it to fraggednation, community tournaments and so on.  I will definitely be looking for MLG tournaments around my area as there is a town that has a lot of MLG tournaments. 

Message 29 of 185 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

metlgearsolid200 wrote:

Mr. VanillaBeast I Respectfully Refuse Your Statements About Being A Clan Of Just Egotistical Players Who Just Want To Recruit "Elites" To Earn A Place Amongst The Clan Erebus .

This Isn't Just Any Clan Sir, This Is The God of War Competitive Multiplayer Erebus Clan ! I Do Not Want To Sound Arrogant But If Anyone Was Just Allowed To Join The Clan Erebus From Day 1, The Clan Would Not Be Elite Or Competitive Against Other Clans Who Did "Host" Try-Outs For A Rightful Position . 

As You See Erebus Clan Wants To Be Known Throughout The GoW MP Community, And Only If They "Recruit" High-Tiered Players Will This Materialize Indefinately .

I Personally Would Feel Disappointed If I Tried Out On "Qualification-Day" And Did Not Make The Cut, But Guess What We Have The Freedom To Start Our Own Clan, Or Just Look For Another Clan Who Did Not Want To Get Noticed Throughout .

I'm Not Saying This To Be One Sided About It, But Everyone Does Thinks Differently From The Next Person .I Personally Already Got Use To Being In The Best, As A Former U.S. Marine Infantryman I Know Just How Important Rank Insignia, Billet Designation, And Respect For Authority Is Mandatory In The USMC . But This Is Just My Take On How I Think About This "Issue" Of Whether To Let Players Join A Clan Or Try-Out Instead .

I Honestly Respect Both Sides Here, But I Will Say This Last Thing, There Is A Reason As To Why A Select Group Of Players Are Drawn To Being Known As A "High-Tiered" Member Of A Clan, They Want To Be Talked About By The MP Community For Their Willing To Give A "Bit" Extra When Competeting .

I Now Bid You A Good Day Sir ! ; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 30 of 185 (186 Views)