Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

Feb 1, 2013

We aren't pointing any fingers. I was just confused about the matter, but I see that a friendly 'brotherhood' has been set in.

Glad to hear.

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 41 of 185 (246 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
1333 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Not much yet guys. He mite get done atleast a week or two after the game comes out. it'll be great trust me. Check out his work for other clans...he's got an Erebus one in there to but it's just the clan name to see what it would look like in purple smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7umHok_lfI&list=UU4qmHpvM_JoALRMTOwBk5-g&feature=player_detailpage

lawl.jpg

Message 42 of 185 (244 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

Feb 1, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

VanillaBeast wrote:

metlgearsolid200 wrote:
@ Rambo..sorry man you need to try out still Smiley Happy

Tryouts for a video game lol.  If he doesn't make it, will you kick him to the curb and make him watch from afar?  I look forward to playing AGAINST these segregated clans.  What's even more funny, is if in his "tryout" he destroys you, why would he even want to join at that point?  Maybe he'll start his own exclusive clan and make you tryout for him lol.  

 

I understand wanting the best, but at some point you let people in because they share a similar perspective about the game  and want to play as a team, not based solely on his skill.  There is already shame in this clan and the game isn't even out yet.  


Mr. VanillaBeast I Respectfully Refuse Your Statements About Being A Clan Of Just Egotistical Players Who Just Want To Recruit "Elites" To Earn A Place Amongst The Clan Erebus .

 

This Isn't Just Any Clan Sir, This Is The God of War Competitive Multiplayer Erebus Clan ! I Do Not Want To Sound Arrogant But If Anyone Was Just Allowed To Join The Clan Erebus From Day 1, The Clan Would Not Be Elite Or Competitive Against Other Clans Who Did "Host" Try-Outs For A Rightful Position . 

 

As You See Erebus Clan Wants To Be Known Throughout The GoW MP Community, And Only If They "Recruit" High-Tiered Players Will This Materialize Indefinately .

 

I Personally Would Feel Disappointed If I Tried Out On "Qualification-Day" And Did Not Make The Cut, But Guess What We Have The Freedom To Start Our Own Clan, Or Just Look For Another Clan Who Did Not Want To Get Noticed Throughout .

 

I'm Not Saying This To Be One Sided About It, But Everyone Does Thinks Differently From The Next Person .I Personally Already Got Use To Being In The Best, As A Former U.S. Marine Infantryman I Know Just How Important Rank Insignia, Billet Designation, And Respect For Authority Is Mandatory In The USMC . But This Is Just My Take On How I Think About This "Issue" Of Whether To Let Players Join A Clan Or Try-Out Instead .

 

I Honestly Respect Both Sides Here, But I Will Say This Last Thing, There Is A Reason As To Why A Select Group Of Players Are Drawn To Being Known As A "High-Tiered" Member Of A Clan, They Want To Be Talked About By The MP Community For Their Willing To Give A "Bit" Extra When Competeting .

 

I Now Bid You A Good Day Sir ! ; )


Exactly this.  Just because we hold try outs doesn't mean we think we're above everyone else and everyone else should treat us as gods.  Not at all.  We just want our clan members to be good, but that doesn't mean we won't play with other people who aren't the best of the best either.  

Message 43 of 185 (241 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

Feb 1, 2013

disturbeddude101 wrote:

@Metl any news on our Erebus trailer yet?

 

I really want to see it! Smiley Tongue


We're still working out some things with this.  I wouldn't expect anything until around launch.  (my guess)

Message 44 of 185 (237 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
1333 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

Feb 1, 2013
^ YES! lol

lawl.jpg

Message 45 of 185 (237 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/17/2011
Offline
490 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

Feb 1, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

@stripesmarine

I hate to disrupt, but I agree with Vanilla on this. This won't be Team Σκιά talking, it'll just be me. 

The only reason why clans are known is because of this forum (possibly by search engine).

There are many, many talented players that will not be visiting these forums. The downsides to having a strict "Skill" policy can be game changing.

-You join a clan since you're good, but maybe one day you're not doing the best (don't bulls**, everyone has those days)

-Members notice you are being overwhelmed, but usually you can handle it. What if an enemy gets that one stun on you, causing them to gang up and crush you? There goes your post, and if they're smart, you will NOT be getting it back.

 

Σκιά promotes teamwork, effort, and trust; however, I hate to bring it up because  Σκιά respects many of Erebus' members (they know who they are).

You will lose attraction this way, Erebus. Mark my words.


Hmm, the biggest "concern" of all just arose...  Stripes is in your clan and obviously doesn't share your views.  Is he in both clans?  Doesn't being in both clans defeat the purpose of loyalty and honor?  I believe some of the same members on this forum spoke out about this exact same thing within the game, as far as being able to switch between your God alliance on the fly.  It defeated the purpose of actually pledging to a God.  I'm sure that's not the case, there's no way the marine is in both clans... that would be like serving in two different armies, that's usually called a "spy" as you cannot serve one without betraying the other.  Hmm.

Message 46 of 185 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

@stripesmarine

I hate to disrupt, but I agree with Vanilla on this. This won't be Team Σκιά talking, it'll just be me. 

The only reason why clans are known is because of this forum (possibly by search engine).

There are many, many talented players that will not be visiting these forums. The downsides to having a strict "Skill" policy can be game changing.

-You join a clan since you're good, but maybe one day you're not doing the best (don't bulls**, everyone has those days)

-Members notice you are being overwhelmed, but usually you can handle it. What if an enemy gets that one stun on you, causing them to gang up and crush you? There goes your post, and if they're smart, you will NOT be getting it back.

 

Σκιά promotes teamwork, effort, and trust; however, I hate to bring it up because  Σκιά respects many of Erebus' members (they know who they are).

You will lose attraction this way, Erebus. Mark my words.


Hmm, the biggest "concern" of all just arose...  Stripes is in your clan and obviously doesn't share your views.  Is he in both clans?  Doesn't being in both clans defeat the purpose of loyalty and honor?  I believe some of the same members on this forum spoke out about this exact same thing within the game, as far as being able to switch between your God alliance on the fly.  It defeated the purpose of actually pledging to a God.  I'm sure that's not the case, there's no way the marine is in both clans... that would be like serving in two different armies, that's usually called a "spy" as you cannot serve one without betraying the other.  Hmm.


No, no.


I have been speaking to stripesmarine since I first visited these forums, and I trust that he will do whatever makes him feel at ease. He is torn at the moment, and I respect that.

 

If listing him under the clan makes him feel supported, then so be it, I understand. Many members under the "Pending" list are also the same.

 

I would prefer that loyalty and honor was set in stone, but it doesn't work like that m'boy. Some people have a knack for adventure. When the game releases and players are listed under the "Clan Members", loyalty will be treated more severly.

P.S: Your "God" argument was completely irrelevant.

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 47 of 185 (201 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Oops, double post.

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 48 of 185 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/08/2013
Offline
5591 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

Feb 1, 2013

@VanillaBeast My Friend There Is Where You Miss The Big Picture In All Of This, Both Clan Leaders Of Erebus & EKIA Have Made A Truce Or Agreement To Become Un-Hostile To One Another Or Argue, When In The Highly Possible "Time" Frame They Do Find One Another During A Clan Battle .So Right Now Both Clans Are In The "Neutral" Stage .

 

As For Your "Concern" About Me Being In Two Armies, Guess What Mate It Does Exist, Is Is Called The "Dual Military Registration Status"And They Only Get Paid 1 Salary For Serving Under Two Different Military Branches In The Same Country. This Is Useally For Soldiers Who Are In Special Forces Or Who Possess A Much Needed Skill That The Other Branch Is Scouting For Such As Speaking/Translating Arabic, Or Computer Programming .

 

To Get Back To Your Point Of What Is My Status Among The Two Clans Here Is The Explanation Pal, I Have Already Been "Accepted" Into Team EKIA By The Clan Leader Himself d1v4d, I Will Still Be Put Up For A Challenge/s Before Becoming A Full Member Of The Clan . As For The Erebus Clan I Still Have To "Try-Out" And Successfully Pass All Three Challenges Before I Get Accepted As A Member. As You See Mr. VanillaBeast I Do Not Have A Gurantee At All With The Erebus Clan, I Have To Measure Up To Their Set Standard/s By The Clan Leader And The Rest Of The Erebus Clan (metlgearsolid200, Goldhawk1, Lord-Kratos23 ..) So As Far As It Goes It Is A 50% 50% .

 

And To Answer Your God-Switching Analogy It Is Not The Same Thing Mate, I See Both Clans As Equally Preferable, So I Do Not Plan On Picking One Over The Other Just Yet Until I Find Out My Results From The Erebus Clan. Both The Clan Leaders Are My Best Pals And I Would Be Honored To Be Selected By Either One. And In The Off Chance I Do Get Accepted To Erebus I Still Would Not Want To Leave Team EKIA Either .And If It Is A Possibility To Be A Part Of Both Clans I Will Definately Jump On The Option Of Doing So .I First Would Have To Get The Permission Of Both Clan Leaders In Doing So. I See Myself As Able To Do Both Simultaneously If Given The Option . And If You Do Not Approve Of It Mr. VanillaBeast I Apologize Ahead Of Time .

 

Long Story Short Mate, Do Not Worry About Where stripesmarine Is Headed Clan Wise, Just Be Worried About Him In The Combat Arena .Lol But Honestly I Do Not Want To Make Any Foes Here In The Forums, I Just Feel Justice Is Not Served By Words, But By The Actions We Select To Make Tomorrow .I Now Look Forward To Seeing You Mr. VanillaBeast!

 

; )

_____________________________
Long, Live, The Shade Legion Σκιά !

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 49 of 185 (177 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: The Story of Erebus.

Feb 1, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

@VanillaBeast My Friend There Is Where You Miss The Big Picture In All Of This, Both Clan Leaders Of Erebus & EKIA Have Made A Truce Or Agreement To Become Un-Hostile To One Another Or Argue, When In The Highly Possible "Time" Frame They Do Find One Another During A Clan Battle .So Right Now Both Clans Are In The "Neutral" Stage .

 

As For Your "Concern" About Me Being In Two Armies, Guess What Mate It Does Exist, Is Is Called The "Dual Military Registration Status"And They Only Get Paid 1 Salary For Serving Under Two Different Military Branches In The Same Country. This Is Useally For Soldiers Who Are In Special Forces Or Who Possess A Much Needed Skill That The Other Branch Is Scouting For Such As Speaking/Translating Arabic, Or Computer Programming .

 

To Get Back To Your Point Of What Is My Status Among The Two Clans Here Is The Explanation Pal, I Have Already Been "Accepted" Into Team EKIA By The Clan Leader Himself d1v4d, I Will Still Be Put Up For A Challenge/s Before Becoming A Full Member Of The Clan . As For The Erebus Clan I Still Have To "Try-Out" And Successfully Pass All Three Challenges Before I Get Accepted As A Member. As You See Mr. VanillaBeast I Do Not Have A Gurantee At All With The Erebus Clan, I Have To Measure Up To Their Set Standard/s By The Clan Leader And The Rest Of The Erebus Clan (metlgearsolid200, Goldhawk1, Lord-Kratos23 ..) So As Far As It Goes It Is A 50% 50% .

 

And To Answer Your God-Switching Analogy It Is Not The Same Thing Mate, I See Both Clans As Equally Preferable, So I Do Not Plan On Picking One Over The Other Just Yet Until I Find Out My Results From The Erebus Clan. Both The Clan Leaders Are My Best Pals And I Would Be Honored To Be Selected By Either One. And In The Off Chance I Do Get Accepted To Erebus I Still Would Not Want To Leave Team EKIA Either .And If It Is A Possibility To Be A Part Of Both Clans I Will Definately Jump On The Option Of Doing So .I First Would Have To Get The Permission Of Both Clan Leaders In Doing So. I See Myself As Able To Do Both Simultaneously If Given The Option . And If You Do Not Approve Of It Mr. VanillaBeast I Apologize Ahead Of Time .

 

Long Story Short Mate, Do Not Worry About Where stripesmarine Is Headed Clan Wise, Just Be Worried About Him In The Combat Arena .Lol But Honestly I Do Not Want To Make Any Foes Here In The Forums, I Just Feel Justice Is Not Served By Words, But By The Actions We Select To Make Tomorrow .I Now Look Forward To Seeing You Mr. VanillaBeast!

 

; )


Well said. To my understanding, both clans haven't kicked off yet, but they surely will this March. We have different ways of running our clans (I previously mentioned what I thought was best, due to past experiences. Some people agree, some disagree; such is life), but this is how Σκιά will run. There is some leanway for now, but rules will be serious and set in stone, as much as I'd sometimes hate that. 

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 50 of 185 (170 Views)