Mar 14 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2330 posts

The XP Boosters are Forced and Wasted.

[ Edited ]
14 replies 570 views Edited Mar 15, 2013

The code for the Collector's Edition activates the 48 Hour XP Booster and if you activate the Champion's Pack from GameStop it activates the 24 Hour XP Booster just because you "downloaded" the costumes from the Mythological Heroes Pack and Leonidas.

So basically the 24 Hour XP Booster gets wasted because it's forced to be used, and half of the 48XP Booster is wasted. By right you should have 72 hours of XP boosting, but the 24 Hour Booster gets cancelled out completely.

This isn't even mentioning the 24 Hour XP Booster that we were supposed to get from playing the Beta yet it's nowhere to be found. That should have been 96 Hours total with all of the boosters.

When the ROTW items are unlocked there are boosters in there as well, but they'll all be wasted with one code activating them all at once and it's not like the doubling stacks.

*UPDATE*  *****************************************************************************

I just noticed that the XP Booster is not working at all even though it is active. It's not doubling my XP.  Thanks for nothing Santa Monica Studio!

Message 1 of 15 (570 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Re: The XP Boosters are Forced and Wasted.

Mar 14, 2013

what if you activate the 1st one, then 48 hours later the next one?

i dont care about the xp boosters anyway. imo the leveling is part of the fun :3

Message 2 of 15 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 14, 2013

XP boosters weren't even needed. Level 30 stayed as the cap, which is actually pathetic.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 3 of 15 (402 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
75 posts

Mar 14, 2013
I think they should give us a free 48 hr xp for the confusion. Because I did the same thing. I downloaded both codes not knowing the xp boosts would activate. Since they don't stack I wasted one of them.

Also we were promised two 48 hr xp boosts. Not a 48 hr and 24 hr one.
Message 4 of 15 (401 Views)
Survivor
2330 posts

Mar 14, 2013

It activates them as soon as you use the code for the armor from the Mythological Heroes pack and the King Leonidas skin. You also have to activate the booster from the collector's edition because you can't play without the online pass and they're all activated under one code.

I think putting DLC under the Services List is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's just all disc locked and the only thing you're downloading are the avatars, the dynamic theme and the soundtrack.

Message 5 of 15 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Mar 14, 2013
Oh and BTW, that 48 hour XP booster for the collector's edition was only 24 hours. What a ripoff. The description on the websites say 48 hours. The piece of paper in the case says 48 hours. But when you actually download it, it says 24 hours. So, if you actually got a 48 hour XP booster please consider yourself fortunate. Cause as of now, this is HUG problem that has yet to be addressed by SSM.
Message 6 of 15 (387 Views)
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Mar 14, 2013

yeah I started by doing my gamestop code then realized that my online pass needed to be put in and since it was all combined I ended up losing those hours as well. with that being said though I'm kinda happy I'm not getting all of that double xp because it is easy enough to level up and I don't wanna have all my champions at the max within a week.

Message 7 of 15 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Mar 14, 2013
Same issue here but mine was only 24 not 48 and was totally wasted because I wanted to play then weekend use my xp but now its complety wasted. Someone needs to give us the 48 hr boost back.
Message 8 of 15 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

Mar 14, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:
Oh and BTW, that 48 hour XP booster for the collector's edition was only 24 hours. What a ripoff. The description on the websites say 48 hours. The piece of paper in the case says 48 hours. But when you actually download it, it says 24 hours. So, if you actually got a 48 hour XP booster please consider yourself fortunate. Cause as of now, this is HUG problem that has yet to be addressed by SSM.

I got one that was 48 Hours but that might have been the GameStop XP Booster. The other one is a 24 Hour Booster so that was probably the Collector's Edition one. Regardless one of them is being wasted and the beta booster is non-existent just like the Sword of Artemis from ROTW and that relic everyone was supposed to get that was a pyramid shape with the eye in the middle. Whatever happened to them?

Message 9 of 15 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Mar 14, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

DaJizzle wrote:

I got one that was 48 Hours but that might have been the GameStop XP Booster. The other one is a 24 Hour Booster so that was probably the Collector's Edition one. Regardless one of them is being wasted and the beta booster is non-existent just like the Sword of Artemis from ROTW and that relic everyone was supposed to get that was a pyramid shape with the eye in the middle. Whatever happened to them?

The Rise of the Warrior stuff is being given to us on the 20th

Message 10 of 15 (306 Views)
0 Likes