Jan 29 2013
By: DJMadCow Uncharted Territory 1355 posts

Think pre-order DLC will be available later on?

25 replies 451 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

Just wondering if the King Leonidas DLC (Gamespot) and the Blade of Judgement (Walmart) would probably be offered via the PSN store months later. I know this has been the case for some DLC, but have there been several instances where this was not the case?

Also, anyone else think it's a bit strange Amazon, Best Buy, or Target don't have pre-order exclusives of their own (not including the Mythological Heroes pack).

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 1 of 26 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Re: Think pre-order DLC will be available later on?

Jan 31, 2013

@DJMadCow The Only One I Know Of That You Could Not Get At A Later Date Was The Pre-Order Exclusive Bonus For God of War: Ghost of Sparta On The PSP That Included The Deimos Skin For GoW: 3 .

You Still Can't Buy It On The PSN Store, But The Additional Challenges That Were Included In The Ultimate Edition Of Gow: 3 Are There For Purchase, As Well As The Additional Heros Costumes Which I Bought To Add-On To My Standard Copy Of The Game .

As For The Other Major Retailers, I'm Sure SSM Has Something Special For Them Too In The Next Week, Or Possibly A Few Days Of Their Announced Pre-Order DLC Exclusives . I Just Played It Safe And Went With GameStop .Lol Might Change My Pre-Order If The Other Unannounce Ones Are Better .

But The Real Question Is Where Did Everyone Pre-Ordered Theirs From ?

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 2 of 26 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Hopefully they do this I want the Blade of Judgement but not more than King Leonidas.
Message 3 of 26 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jan 31, 2013

@Lord-Kratos23 I Feel As Though They Are A S*** Load Amount Of Armors And Weapons That Are Considered DLC Already .

Which Is Fine, But There Has To Be Another Way To Attain All Of It As Well, Other Than These Special "1 Time" Circumstances .

Maybe Make Them Available To Purchase Day 1 For People Who Did Not Know It Was A Bonus For Completing X, Y, & Z .

I Know You Are Going To Try And Get Everything You Possibly Have The Option Of Getting Huh Lord-Kratos23 ?

You Are A Hardcore Fan After All ! ; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 4 of 26 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I cant see why it wouldnt be available since it just more money for sony, I will surely buy it. Mortal kombat 9 had different skins with every retailer and later it became DLC. So it should/better be Smiley Tongue, I cant see them creating a Sword and not letting everyone enjoy it.

Message 5 of 26 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

Simple answer for a simple question, one word... "exclusive".  If it's offered to everyone, then it's not "exclusive".  If it didn't have that word in the advertising then I'd say yes, it'll probably be offered to everyone, but in many cases where that word is used, no, no you will not get the option to get it later on.  The whole point is a deal with that specific retailer to offer you something that you cannot get from anywhere else, and you buy from them.  If you can easily obtain the said item from the PSN store or somewhere else, then the whole purpose of the item being exclusive is defeated, and you have no reason to want to purchase from that specific store.  My advice is don't rely on thinking it's going to be in the store, if you want the King's spear and shield, make sure you stop by GS before March 12th.

Message 6 of 26 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

Simple answer for a simple question, one word... "exclusive".  If it's offered to everyone, then it's not "exclusive".  If it didn't have that word in the advertising then I'd say yes, it'll probably be offered to everyone, but in many cases where that word is used, no, no you will not get the option to get it later on.  The whole point is a deal with that specific retailer to offer you something that you cannot get from anywhere else, and you buy from them.  If you can easily obtain the said item from the PSN store or somewhere else, then the whole purpose of the item being exclusive is defeated, and you have no reason to want to purchase from that specific store.  My advice is don't rely on thinking it's going to be in the store, if you want the King's spear and shield, make sure you stop by GS before March 12th.

The thing is I believe some retailers (Gamestop included) have used this terminology b4 with preorder DLC for other games and eventually (i.e. months maybe even a yr later), the same DLC appears in the online store. One example I can think of off the top of my head was the Juggernaut DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, which was also marketed as an "exclusive" by Gamestop. Just wondering if this could be more of the same. "Exclusive" in this sense could mean that Gamespot will be the only one to offer the DLC for now via pre-order... that is until it ultimately ends up online.

Also regarding the King Leonidas armor and spear, I keep seeing some places call them a "skin" vs an actual armor set and weapon. Anyone have any info clarifying this?

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 7 of 26 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 3, 2013

It might go on the PSN store in like a few months maybe but unlikely .Smiley Indifferent

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 26 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2333 posts

Feb 4, 2013

The Walmart Sword of Judgment says Only at Walmart but it doesn't mean it can't show up later. I hope it does because I like how the sword looks.  I didn't even know about it until recently.

Message 9 of 26 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Feb 4, 2013

@SilverX200 How Do You Know How The "Blade" Of Judgement Looks Like ? I Apologize Not Sword

I Try To Look For It In The WalMart Website, But It Does Not Show It In Picture Form .

If You Have The Picture Of The Blade Do Us A Favor And Post It Here Ok Mate ?

Thnx In Advance : )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 10 of 26 (287 Views)
0 Likes