Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Yeah it's suppose to bounce you through all three fire spots, assuming lag doesn't LOL your way :smileyhappy:

Regarding Sword balance/mechanics overall a normal heavy while airborne shouldn't cause a bounce effect at all. It should perform a normal grounded heavy just like the hammer does, (for combat/move frames) then you can decide what move to perform next (assuming you land the normal heavy) instead of straight into a juggle+grapple/kick.

Jump+triangle while wielding a sword comes out way to fast,range is ridiculous and leads to an easy combo, the above would make such more difficult.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 22, 2013

When using a hammer, if you hold square the hammer will charge up. Hitting someone with a hammer while it is charged is an automatic launcher. This makes ring outs and combos very easy to perform. This is the strength of hammer weapons. I only ever saw a handful of people using the hammer charge the entire time I played the beta (since Nov.) 

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Wow...I use that charged hammer but never noticed it doing an auto-launch. So much for awareness.

EDIT - Erm..to clarify...hold square, hammer lights on fire..."launch" meaning they are open for a followup attack by being lifted off the ground a little? I think this is what you mean...wish I would've noticed that.  Could''ve benefitted hand to hand combat! I always thought it just lit them on fire for slight DoT.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

Wow...I use that charged hammer but never noticed it doing an auto-launch. So much for awareness.

Yea, it makes me wonder sometimes how much of these feedback threads are just average players that die a lot, and then they complain about balance, but really have no idea how to play the game.

Edit reply - Yes, Crush it will lift them off the ground. They can be juggled or grappled after that.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 22, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

I think Ceases meant the Glad Hammer gets his specials quickly...aka "short charge time" or charge time.

I'm sort of with Goldhawk1 on this BUT...again, the balance does slightly favor Zeus in this Beta. But perhaps it's supposed to?  And later on, an Ares will destroy a Hades or Poseidon? Zeus is extremely user friendly but more than that, with lag issues, he becomes almost unstoppable where an Ares will struggle with that very lag.

Hammer damage should be increased to make a swift evade against a sword more meaningful. The inability to parry alot of sword attacks and their short recovery time makes countering with a hammer EXTREMELY difficult, if not impossible against a good sword wielder. Any advice on how to deal with that is welcome since I favor the hammer! Glad and Ares hammer range are the only things I can think of that deal with that and even then, once their specials are gone, I am at a disadvantage.

I do like Ceases' constant comment of...MAKE STATS MATTER MORE! I cannot emphasize enough how important this would be BUT they should not be tweaked drastically, imo...just enough to matter more.

Ares Hammer is awesome, BTW...I do feel like my L1-Square isn't being directed properly but that may just be user error on my part...

Ares Sword needs to be buffed imo. Maybe just shorten the charge rate of L1+Triangle...idunno. THat attack is extremely difficult to hit with and easy to avoid. Maybe make it faster and more combon friendly? It's just not a good weapon. It's my goto weapon when I've been in a lobby where I am slaughtering too easily. I like to challenge myself and this is the weapon to do that with.

I don't understand the huge damage for the Cerberus blade. I hold triangle to charge that attack, I get hit...and its range is quite short. It does that much damage? Never has for me.

It wouldn't make sense in a MP beta to put 2 classes then one class is the counter to the other class...that would be broken as hell.

The way the MP is set up, there are 2 DDs and 2 tanks. 

The thing about the DDs though, one DD is essentially useless (Ares) as melee is easily avoidable and he's vulnerable to melee and magic attacks.  Zeus is more powerful in every area and can have great physical prowess and can have great physical and elemental defense.  

At the VERY least he should be more vulnerable to melee damage.  

Ares should be relentless in combat and not allow opponents to have so many ways to escape damage, because Ares best stattistic is also his biggest weakness because it's EASY to avoid any and all damage if you're a good player and it doesn't lag like hell.  A person like Ares would blow through people's blocks and I honestly don't see anyone being able to legitly run away in combat.  Just doesn't make sense to me.  

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I_Ceases_I wrote:

When using a hammer, if you hold square the hammer will charge up. Hitting someone with a hammer while it is charged is an automatic launcher. This makes ring outs and combos very easy to perform. This is the strength of hammer weapons. I only ever saw a handful of people using the hammer charge the entire time I played the beta (since Nov.) 

Is that just for the gladiator hammer?  Because I charge my hammer a lot for that extra damage and this has never happened even once.  

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I_Ceases_I wrote:

SirCrush wrote:

Yea, it makes me wonder sometimes how much of these feedback threads are just average players that die a lot, and then they complain about balance, but really have no idea how to play the game.

Now, that's just silly.  The OP has a point and IS probably pretty bad at the game, but I'm a very good player and see lots of flaws in this beta.  

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Edit - All hammers worth using can do this. 

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I_Ceases_I wrote:

Is that just for the gladiator hammer?  Because I charge my hammer a lot for that extra damage and this has never happened even once.  

Hammers that launch if charged;

Minotaur

Glad

Hammers that apply a dot or silence

Ares dot fire

Zeus silence

If you wiff or the enemy blocks on the charged normal hit attempt the charge is lost and doesn't apply/stick.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 22, 2013

It might be a subtle affect, Goldhawk...like I said, I charge my hammers too, thinking it did slight DOT as a bonus but never noticed it lifted people off the ground.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (78 Views)
0 Likes