Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/19/2012
Offline
296 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I agree gamewiz but acting like an idiot about it isn't going to help the developers at all.

 

Zeus is OP, almost every aspect of his class is better than Ares.  Even the melee aspect where Ares is supposed to dominate, Zeus can overwhelm an Ares player easily.  

 

BoA gives you and teammates a shield, while healing a good amount and the L1 + square has long range and bounces people TOO MUCH.  

 

Gladiator hammer l1 + triangle is WAY TOO HUGE

 

gladiator sword can seamlessly keep you locked in a combo until death...

 

blade of Zeus has a 75% damage L1 + triangle special

 

Cerberus blade does HUGE damage even though the stats on it are pretty low... hold triangle takes out like 40% health. 

 

Ares weapons are slow.  Hammer square special can be super easily avoided with low range, you can jump over it, evade through it.  

 

Swords can juggle, allow you to grapple while juggling for insane damage, jump triangle is fast and helps for bouncing and in certain situations (especially with cerberus blade) is an insane attack, has a quick block breaker and seems to be just all around better.  

 

Hammers are slow, and knock people around too much to actually get people into combos. For the amount of slow it has, it sure as hell doesn't hit very hard.

 

WW hammers spawn too fast.

 

damage never seems constant.... neither do stats.  From game to game or even battle to battle some attacks or even traps don't seem to be the same as others.  It's hella frustrating going against someone in full Zeus armor or armor with very little defense and ALL of my Ares "strength" is negated. 

 

Flag carriers stats are lowered too much and the attacks are really weird.  


I like everything you said. I hate how the flag carriers can just hop away/use magic though. It's actually ridiculous.


Pretty much everything Gold listed I agree with balance wise. I'll be making a master thread of balance/Bugs probably a week from today when the majority of people who've only played less than 4 days worth decide to not check in. The majority of threads are very vague, no explanations, lack of understand on mechanics, deeper like I-frames, moves in general, and they just don't add any meaningful value to the game and or Dev TEAM. Reading the forums the last two weeks was seriously shocking/boring and plain out laughable...

Message 11 of 30 (220 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
869 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

Jan 22, 2013

Well that wasn't nice! Smiley Mad

 

I don't mind being laughed at or even boring people...but shocking people!? I am no Zeus!

 

lol...I'll be glad to contribute to thatb thread when it arises. Yalll can't get rid of me just cuz the beta ends!

 

Alot of my threads got ignored...I thought I had some good input. I guess not Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 30 (195 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/04/2009
Offline
2333 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

Jan 22, 2013

Ares players can cause fire stream circles one after another which is essentially the same as Zeus' stun spark and you're stuck taking residual damage.

 

Zeus can silence you and Ares can break your blocks, both are devastating when you need them.

 

Traps suck plain and simple. Pre-set traps take too long to activate and enemies always hop right over them even when active. The spike trap is the least effective and is too slow.

Message 13 of 30 (189 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/02/2012
Offline
190 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

 

lots of text...


Most of these issues could easily be addressed if gear stats felt like they made any differences at all.

 

Zeus is OP - Don't agree, I do just as well with Ares if not better. Also not seeing 2 other allegiances makes it hard to comment on balance. Zeus seems to have a shallow learning curve, and it's easy for new players to pick up. People seem to complain about Lightning Storm the most, and I think Lightning Storm could probably benifit from spacing out its leveling requirements. Currently you get level 3 by the time you hit 11. I think it would be better if you got Level 1 to start, Level 2 around 10-15, level 3 at 25-30. Also making the gear stats feel like they mean something would help. If people feel something is OP, like an easily avoidable magic abilty, then they should be able to counter it with elemental resist stats.

 

Weapons - Early on in the beta, the gear with less impressive abilities had a lot higher stats and visa versa. Now that all the stats have become homogenized (made meaningless) it's more important to choose the weapons with the best abilities.

 

BoA - It's a good support weapon with good damage. L1 + Square can be blocked, easily if they are at range. Make gear stats meaningful and give this weapon terrible stats or no stats at all.

 

Glad Hammer - Agree slightly, if only because when I launch someone my grapple can't even reach them. Though the real strength of any hammer is the hammer charge, not the specials. Again, make stats meaningful and give this weapon terrible stats or no stats at all.

 

Zeus Blade - Really long charge time, super easy to avoid. If you get hit by it, you deserve to lose a lot of health imo.

 

Cerberus Blade - I have yet to run into anyone that is destroying people with the hold triangle launch ability (using any weapon for that matter), so no input on that. I like this weapon how it is tbh.

 

Ares weapons - Ares hammer is worst of the four hammers, sword seems fine to me. These weapons used to have 3x as much phy. damage on them so I think them being slower than other weapons made sense before stats got homogenized. Broken record - make stats meaningful.

 

Swords/Hammers - Seems like this is all info on how those weapons work.  I agree, thats how they work.

 

WW Hammer spawn rate - Disagree. if anything add more weapon variety.

 

I haven't run into any of the fluctuating damage issues but if people are seeing this then I hope those bugs get fix. 

 

CTF - I never pick up the flag because I also find the attacks weak/boring and flag running isn't fun.

Message 14 of 30 (180 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

Jan 22, 2013

@FieryCaptain

Looking forward to it! I'll message you up later this week Smiley Happy

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 15 of 30 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/10/2013
Offline
274 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

 

Pretty much everything Gold listed I agree with balance wise. I'll be making a master thread of balance/Bugs probably a week from today when the majority of people who've only played less than 4 days worth decide to not check in. The majority of threads are very vague, no explanations, lack of understand on mechanics, deeper like I-frames, moves in general, and they just don't add any meaningful value to the game and or Dev TEAM. Reading the forums the last two weeks was seriously shocking/boring and plain out laughable...

 

 

 

I have to agree with you here. I've see a lot more of those  "my thoughts on the whole system" threads lately. I started calling these "cry me a river" threads. Some of the issues they have a legitimate and we have multiple threads up already about. Many of them are not understanding the battle mechanics of the game or all the features that are already in the game or have been stated will be in the final release.

 

Putting all one person's issues in a thread isn't very effective.  A discussion from the community on one issue needs to be done per thread to be the most efficient to the team trying to fix these issues.

Message 16 of 30 (145 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

Jan 22, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

FieryCaptain wrote:

 

Pretty much everything Gold listed I agree with balance wise. I'll be making a master thread of balance/Bugs probably a week from today when the majority of people who've only played less than 4 days worth decide to not check in. The majority of threads are very vague, no explanations, lack of understand on mechanics, deeper like I-frames, moves in general, and they just don't add any meaningful value to the game and or Dev TEAM. Reading the forums the last two weeks was seriously shocking/boring and plain out laughable...

 

 

 

I have to agree with you here. I've see a lot more of those  "my thoughts on the whole system" threads lately. I started calling these "cry me a river" threads. Some of the issues they have a legitimate and we have multiple threads up already about. Many of them are not understanding the battle mechanics of the game or all the features that are already in the game or have been stated will be in the final release.

 

Putting all one person's issues in a thread isn't very effective.  A discussion from the community on one issue needs to be done per thread to be the most efficient to the team trying to fix these issues.


Well said Mrs. Rachel Smiley Wink

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 17 of 30 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
10160 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

Jan 22, 2013

I_Ceases_I wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

 

lots of text...


Most of these issues could easily be addressed if gear stats felt like they made any differences at all.

 

Zeus is OP - Don't agree, I do just as well with Ares if not better. Also not seeing 2 other allegiances makes it hard to comment on balance. Zeus seems to have a shallow learning curve, and it's easy for new players to pick up. People seem to complain about Lightning Storm the most, and I think Lightning Storm could probably benifit from spacing out its leveling requirements. Currently you get level 3 by the time you hit 11. I think it would be better if you got Level 1 to start, Level 2 around 10-15, level 3 at 25-30. Also making the gear stats feel like they mean something would help. If people feel something is OP, like an easily avoidable magic abilty, then they should be able to counter it with elemental resist stats.

 

Weapons - Early on in the beta, the gear with less impressive abilities had a lot higher stats and visa versa. Now that all the stats have become homogenized (made meaningless) it's more important to choose the weapons with the best abilities.

 

BoA - It's a good support weapon with good damage. L1 + Square can be blocked, easily if they are at range. Make gear stats meaningful and give this weapon terrible stats or no stats at all.

 

Glad Hammer - Agree slightly, if only because when I launch someone my grapple can't even reach them. Though the real strength of any hammer is the hammer charge, not the specials. Again, make stats meaningful and give this weapon terrible stats or no stats at all.

 

Zeus Blade - Really long charge time, super easy to avoid. If you get hit by it, you deserve to lose a lot of health imo.

 

Cerberus Blade - I have yet to run into anyone that is destroying people with the hold triangle launch ability (using any weapon for that matter), so no input on that. I like this weapon how it is tbh.

 

Ares weapons - Ares hammer is worst of the four hammers, sword seems fine to me. These weapons used to have 3x as much phy. damage on them so I think them being slower than other weapons made sense before stats got homogenized. Broken record - make stats meaningful.

 

Swords/Hammers - Seems like this is all info on how those weapons work.  I agree, thats how they work.

 

WW Hammer spawn rate - Disagree. if anything add more weapon variety.

 

I haven't run into any of the fluctuating damage issues but if people are seeing this then I hope those bugs get fix. 

 

CTF - I never pick up the flag because I also find the attacks weak/boring and flag running isn't fun.


Zeus is OP.  You're wrong.  It's easy to tell what's OP and what's not, when we can choose from what they gave us and then from what they gave us one class has the advantage in every field, and then stands a good chance in the ONE FIELD that is dedicated to the other class.  It makes no sense.  I do get your point, Zeus may be ok and Ares be underpowered or Ares be ok and Zeus is OP.  But the classes we're exposed to are both the DD class, while one class has more of an advantage than the other because Zeus can have good p. defense while Ares will always have terrible e. defense.  I could go on and on and on about how OP Zeus is... 

 

Agreed about weapons to a point.  Stats are somewhat necessary, but stacking stats is utterly pointless.

 

BoA is still ridiculous and with control input messing up from time to time it gets even more annoying.  Also, there are some i-frame abuse you can do with swords that are hella annoying.  When using an item or going through a teleporter you can juggle like mad before the player even has control over their character.  I don't think it should shield players.  Healing is fine but the amount swords juggle then on top of that you can grapple for an instant and unblockable 20-25% damage is just ridiculous.  It really defeats the purpose of even being an Ares player when you can just be a Zeus player and constantly keep players juggled then if you do it right, end with a high damage grapple. 

 

Glad hammer - That's lag.  Every time I get launched by that thing I get grappled but whenever I use it, they get launched too high.  Radius needs to be lowered, it's just obvious.  What do you mean hammer charge? 

 

Zeus Blade - People can use it off screen when they can see you and you can't see them, they can use it after spells, they can use it after you use your item, after you brutal kill, after you leave a teleporter.  Just because people haven't caught on to the 75% damage special doesn't mean it's OK.  People will abuse eventually.  Not only that, but what about the lightning mine?  Set that up and you've got a 15-20% damage spell and a free 75% damage l1 + triangle special...which like I said before is completely and utterly overpowered and no one can argue that.  ONE ATTACK that takes out an opponent with damage on them...which also makes Ares even more irrelevant because the only way you're going to do 75% damage with Ares is if you do a combo and you know all the ways you can get out of combos. 

 

Cerberus Blade - The damage is huge.  I have a clan mate (delsol) who loves to use that weapon and you literally barely hae to hit with that weapon in order to do huge damage.  He really knows how to use it too so evading it is really hard.  We got into a battle one time and I wasn't even close to being put into brutal kill mode and he used hold triangle on me and I died to that one shot.  Then again, it could have easily been the whole stats bouncing around thing.  (mind went blank)

 

Ares weapons - Agreed about hammer kind of, but I've used it so much I like to keep using it.  The sword on the other hand...no no no no.  Easy to avoid L1 + triangle (even the swoop L1 + triangle is super easy to avoid, and can be parried apparently) it's slower meaning harder juggles, and doesn't have as fast/long range L1 + triangle.  

 

Swords/hammers - unbalanced.  yes. 

 

WW hammers - No, it should be nerfed a bit.  These are POWER WEAPONS.  No one should be able to just rely on power weapons for an entire game.  Some players who will remain nameless, only focus on waiting for said power weapons and relying on the fact that you can't block, parry, or jump over the attacks.  It's ridiculous and anyone who thinks power weapons should be buffed or should stay the same are the exact same people abusing them in combat. 

 

I've seen it quite a bit, the whole fluctuating damage.  Fire traps usually don't hurt much but 75% damage for one trap once...I've had people with barely any armor take a hit like they've got on full cyclopse armor and warrior armor on at once.  

 

CTF - I thought it was cool how they made flag carriers so special but then once I found out the strength and defense for the flag carriers are dropped to nearly 0 I figured it wouldn't be worth it to keep getting the flag.  Flag carriers can bunny hop to avoid almost all combat, use spells and items to exploit.  The attacks are weird too.  

Message 18 of 30 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
869 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

Jan 22, 2013

I think Ceases meant the Glad Hammer gets his specials quickly...aka "short charge time" or charge time.

 

I'm sort of with Goldhawk1 on this BUT...again, the balance does slightly favor Zeus in this Beta. But perhaps it's supposed to?  And later on, an Ares will destroy a Hades or Poseidon? Zeus is extremely user friendly but more than that, with lag issues, he becomes almost unstoppable where an Ares will struggle with that very lag.

 

Hammer damage should be increased to make a swift evade against a sword more meaningful. The inability to parry alot of sword attacks and their short recovery time makes countering with a hammer EXTREMELY difficult, if not impossible against a good sword wielder. Any advice on how to deal with that is welcome since I favor the hammer! Glad and Ares hammer range are the only things I can think of that deal with that and even then, once their specials are gone, I am at a disadvantage.

 

I do like Ceases' constant comment of...MAKE STATS MATTER MORE! I cannot emphasize enough how important this would be BUT they should not be tweaked drastically, imo...just enough to matter more.

 

Ares Hammer is awesome, BTW...I do feel like my L1-Square isn't being directed properly but that may just be user error on my part...

 

Ares Sword needs to be buffed imo. Maybe just shorten the charge rate of L1+Triangle...idunno. THat attack is extremely difficult to hit with and easy to avoid. Maybe make it faster and more combon friendly? It's just not a good weapon. It's my goto weapon when I've been in a lobby where I am slaughtering too easily. I like to challenge myself and this is the weapon to do that with.

 

I don't understand the huge damage for the Cerberus blade. I hold triangle to charge that attack, I get hit...and its range is quite short. It does that much damage? Never has for me.

Message 19 of 30 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2011
Offline
4062 posts
 

Re: This Game is SO UNBALACED

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

I think Ceases meant the Glad Hammer gets his specials quickly...aka "short charge time" or charge time.

 

I'm sort of with Goldhawk1 on this BUT...again, the balance does slightly favor Zeus in this Beta. But perhaps it's supposed to?  And later on, an Ares will destroy a Hades or Poseidon? Zeus is extremely user friendly but more than that, with lag issues, he becomes almost unstoppable where an Ares will struggle with that very lag.

 

Hammer damage should be increased to make a swift evade against a sword more meaningful. The inability to parry alot of sword attacks and their short recovery time makes countering with a hammer EXTREMELY difficult, if not impossible against a good sword wielder. Any advice on how to deal with that is welcome since I favor the hammer! Glad and Ares hammer range are the only things I can think of that deal with that and even then, once their specials are gone, I am at a disadvantage.

 

I do like Ceases' constant comment of...MAKE STATS MATTER MORE! I cannot emphasize enough how important this would be BUT they should not be tweaked drastically, imo...just enough to matter more.

 

Ares Hammer is awesome, BTW...I do feel like my L1-Square isn't being directed properly but that may just be user error on my part...

 

Ares Sword needs to be buffed imo. Maybe just shorten the charge rate of L1+Triangle...idunno. THat attack is extremely difficult to hit with and easy to avoid. Maybe make it faster and more combon friendly? It's just not a good weapon. It's my goto weapon when I've been in a lobby where I am slaughtering too easily. I like to challenge myself and this is the weapon to do that with.

 

I don't understand the huge damage for the Cerberus blade. I hold triangle to charge that attack, I get hit...and its range is quite short. It does that much damage? Never has for me.


If you trap them with a charged L1+Triangle (so all three fire spots) the damage IS quite ridiculous. I just try not to get trapped, but I use this weapon (Cerberus blade) myself, atm.

 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 20 of 30 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes