Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 24 2013
By: KillaCam7I3 Splicer 47 posts

This Game was On Sale for $40 Today. Did I Goof?

8 replies 140 views Edited Apr 24, 2013

I'm a huge fan of the series. I have the platinums for all of them and I am suffering from severe shooter fatigue. After finishing Far Cry 3 last week, I thought this sale happened at a perfect time.

But, uh...there's an awful lot of complaining on the forums. I hope this game isn't as broken as it seems to be. But, even if it is, I won't be too disappointed, because I know I'll love the single player.

Looking forward to playing w/you guys. Hopefully, most people here have mics, because PSN is awfully quiet.

Message 1 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Re: This Game was On Sale for $40 Today. Did I Goof?

Apr 24, 2013

Welcome! As far as the complaining goes, its a little more than needed, the problems arent entirely dramatic, the multiplayer is fun as hell.

photo 6e5ea368-f52c-4a8a-92c3-d6fa88712326_zpsb5ad9824.jpg
Message 2 of 9 (134 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

Gatzarn wrote:

Welcome! As far as the complaining goes, its a little more than needed, the problems arent entirely dramatic, the multiplayer is fun as hell.

thanks, lol. can't wait to get in

EDIT: I ordered it on Amazon

Message 3 of 9 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2265 posts

Apr 24, 2013

The game is fun overall and most players aren't going to be as bothered with the issues.

Most of us simply play the Multiplayer while we forget that the story is the main focus of the game. Content wise the game has a lot to offer, but DLC for the Multiplayer with new maps and modes is what will really give it sustainability.

You'll have fun, and even with the amount of issues that I encounter I am enjoying the game more than hating it.

Message 4 of 9 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Some people have problems, but I have no problems at all. I tried to play gow3 that was PREOWNED AT GAMESTOP and it froze and didnt continue on my ps3, so I was kinda afraid to get ascension but I had no freezing problem. (Notice I said pre-owned for gow3)
It is definitely worth it to me. I always wait for games to drop to 20 or 40 dollars, but this one, I preordered and I am happy with it and happy about the money I spent.
The graphics are stunning, almost to the point where if all ps3 games looked like this one, I wouldnt necessarily get ps4. Single player is fun, but not as epic as god of war 3. I mean, what game beats gow3... Multiplayer part is extremely fun for me. Maybe it's because I know combos and get high k/d most of the times, but multiplayer is not tacked on at all. It is really deep and fun. The devs have been supporting this game past month and I expect a lot of wonderful dlcs to come. It's a steal to get it even at 40 bucks.
Message 5 of 9 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Apr 24, 2013

s_eric9 wrote:
Some people have problems, but I have no problems at all. I tried to play gow3 that was PREOWNED AT GAMESTOP and it froze and didnt continue on my ps3, so I was kinda afraid to get ascension but I had no freezing problem. (Notice I said pre-owned for gow3)
It is definitely worth it to me. I always wait for games to drop to 20 or 40 dollars, but this one, I preordered and I am happy with it and happy about the money I spent.
The graphics are stunning, almost to the point where if all ps3 games looked like this one, I wouldnt necessarily get ps4. Single player is fun, but not as epic as god of war 3. I mean, what game beats gow3... Multiplayer part is extremely fun for me. Maybe it's because I know combos and get high k/d most of the times, but multiplayer is not tacked on at all. It is really deep and fun. The devs have been supporting this game past month and I expect a lot of wonderful dlcs to come. It's a steal to get it even at 40 bucks.

lol, gow 3 broke my first ps3. it was first game i played at all that day, and i wasn't playing it very much around the time, because i was busy with school. i'm the same way as far as waiting for games to get to $40. i feel the same way about the graphics , too. i was blown away by the demo. and, yeah, i don't expect the single player to be better than gow 3. it's kind of unfair to expect this game to be better than killing the gods and causing chaos.

SILVERX200 wrote:

The game is fun overall and most players aren't going to be as bothered with the issues.

Most of us simply play the Multiplayer while we forget that the story is the main focus of the game. Content wise the game has a lot to offer, but DLC for the Multiplayer with new maps and modes is what will really give it sustainability.

You'll have fun, and even with the amount of issues that I encounter I am enjoying the game more than hating it.

thanks. i was hoping people would offer some peace of mind.  i just remembered that this game comes with a dlc code for playstation all stars....i'll probably check that game out next

Message 6 of 9 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Apr 24, 2013

great deal at $40 .... lots of entertainment there.  I've managed to get all allegiances past 30 & Zeus at level 40 - so while there have been some glitches, it certainly hasn't stopped me from playing ... mainly lately I have the lost host connection - but that didn't start until 9 days ago - prior to that, most of my online was pretty flawless .... except for Ares Inferno - which I can't use, as it has locked up my PS3 4 times & caused a hard shut down & file restoration .... needless to say, I never equip it anymore ....

Message 7 of 9 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Welcome to the internet.
where every forum is a place to whine
Message 8 of 9 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Apr 24, 2013
The SP: Visually great. Sounds abysmal. Combat is ok but the parry is beyond useless for most people. Several problems with the rage meter too (EX: half your combos are rage-locked). Story is fractured, hollow and seems lazy and tacked on. Enemy/boss variety is extremely limited. There's no combat arena or challenges and the bonus costumes have no effects/are mostly copied from MP.

The MP: Visually great. Sounds abysmal. Combat is ok if lag/glitches aren't too bad. Matchmaking problems result in many matches being handicapped or just dropped altogether. Dozens of other glitches of varying importance. No local (offline) mode.

Also the support has been pretty bad. Several patches and hotfixes that have made very little important difference or have just been to add MP content.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 9 of 9 (38 Views)