Mar 13 2013
By: BigBrownsta Lombax Warrior 114 posts

This is seriosuly something i dont get about GOWA

46 replies 655 views Edited Mar 13, 2013

I dont get the game till friday but by reading around the forums and watching some youtube videos, you can change alliegence with triangle button........isnt the whole story of ascension about what happends to you once you break your oath to a god?? is it not how kratos has the impossible task fo trying to free himself from his oath to Ares?? i have mentioned this is previous posts how this would be kinda silly to me...

So why have they opted to not have any penatly for changing alliegance ?? ive heard the max lvl is 30 so im concerned they have done this because it adds replayability  without having to like increase max lvl add extra gear for those higher level  or just generaly add extra to the seperate gods .....i hope this isnt true!!!

Message 1 of 47 (655 Views)
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Re: This is seriosuly something i dont get about GOWA

Mar 13, 2013
Because why would they limit you to one god?

Each god has a different play style and that allows yo to test them out.
-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 2 of 47 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Thank you, this made absolutely no sense to me.

@icyfire

We've been pushing "once you hit level 5, you can no long easily switch Gods. Before level 5, go nuts."

SSM either ignored it completely or simply didn't want to implement it. I started to see transfers already because of this. "Got my a** kicked by a Posiedon player!? WELL, better to to Posiedon!"

Am I being unrealistic? Nope.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 3 of 47 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 13, 2013
longer*
Message 4 of 47 (614 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 13, 2013
You have a character slot for each god to whom you pledge your allegiance. For example, I started with Ares and that character is now level 8. If I switch to Hades, that character is level 1. Say I remain aligned with Hades until I'm level 5, but then I want to switch back to Ares. My Ares character is still level 8 and now I also have a level 5 Hades character.

Each god has his own set of magic, items, and relics that you unlock and upgrade as you progress/spend skill points. Armor and weapons (that are not god-specific), however, are unlocked and gain levels across all characters. For instance, if the characters I mentioned above are both wearing the Champion's Armor, then when I gain experience with the Ares character, the armor will level up and be at that level when I use the Hades character (and vice-versa). Also, if I unlock the Manticore armor with my Hades character, that armor is now available for my Ares character to use.

I agree with you that being able to simply switch alliances on the fly doesn't exactly fit the narrative of GOWA. However, you can change the skin color/armor tint of each character and pretend they're totally different people. That's how I'm doing it, anyway. Hope I've been helpful!
------------------------------
Ab imo pectore...
Message 5 of 47 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Like tiny said

Technically all your champions are different and each god is just a slot like some many other games have.

Limiting what god you can use would not go over well
-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 6 of 47 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 13, 2013

^Gonna have to disagree. Why put such emphasis on choosing a God when you can switch at the press of a button. The announcer says "Choose wisely, for it is your first important decision" (give or take). 

Why choose wisely? I can just press triangle to switch. Like it or not, it doesn't make sense. Simple as that.

Message 7 of 47 (586 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Well, really the only thing that doesn't make sense (about the announcer admonishing you to choose wisely) in the current system is the fact that armor/weapon upgrades and unlocks carry over across characters.

If you think about it, you are penalized for switching alliances the first time you do so: you go back to level 1. How stiff that penalty is depends upon how long you stuck with your first character. Granted, you can go back to your original character at any time and you'll keep all the upgrades with your second (or third or fourth) character should you go back to him, but that's why I treat them as different characters. My first character didn't switch allegiances; I did. He earned all the upgrades to his magic and relics (though arguably not his weapons and armor).
Ab imo pectore...
Message 8 of 47 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Also dont forget when you do press triangle to switch alliegance your not teleported to the top of olympus to re-do the training so in reality is exactly the same MP charatcer , if for instance they had spaces for you to have mutiple characters and some sort of penalty for having any given character swapping alliegance i would be happy with that .

Have they done this option to easily switch to different gods as a way to add content withouth actualy giving more content via DLC like new spells , relics , weapons and armor for the gods....thats what i want to know

Message 9 of 47 (551 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 13, 2013
I don't know about DLC (there's a space on Mount Olympus where a fifth god could go that certainly looks interesting), but each god does have their own specific spells, relics, items, weapons, and armor that can be unlocked and upgraded. God-specific weapons and armor do not unlock or upgrade unless you're aligned to that god.
Ab imo pectore...
Message 10 of 47 (522 Views)
0 Likes