Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 30 2013
By: s_eric9 Wastelander 819 posts

This is serious BS

11 replies 450 views Edited Jun 30, 2013

I haven't been playing this game for awhile, but was reading the fourm and always wondered why the complaint about the cerbeus blade and athena blade were so high.

I had about 5 matches against two players who were Ares and Poseidon

Ares - Cerbeus blade or Athena blade

Posedion - Athena blade

The apparent problem here is not only jump triangle, but the weapons itself. Also, I really don't understand why only sword's jump triangle is blockable and is executed so quickly as if it's a light attack unlike spear's and hammer's. 

Cerbeus blade's L1 square is unblockable. I used to dodge them easily, but when the player is alternating between jump slice(one combo) and then L1 square attack(second combo), it really is hard to counter it. You can easily kill just about anyone by doing L1 square square square grapple and then immediately doing jump triangle square square r1. And for some reason, L1 square tracks me down even when I dodge. Maybe that's lag

Also, Athena's blade. The combo for that sword is just flawed. You can do jump triangle square square grapple and then IMMEDIATELY do L1 square square square grapple which kills you instantly even if you are a Posedion player. What I don't understand is L1 square's timing fits so perfectly that after you do the grapple animation, it is impossible to avoid the follow up L1 square attack. *Unless you go into invincible frame, but as soon as you turn into normal state, the l1 square hits you.

I might be overreacting but I've been playing this game since the launch and the ridiculous sword combo(deals so much damage....) just gets in my nerves now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (450 Views)
Wastelander
674 posts

Re: This is serious BS

Jun 30, 2013
really? it may be lag. but I can't imagine how u didn't enter any invincible frame. usually Lag keeps a gold halo over your head for a long time. I guess this is what made u grab-able all the time (not talking about sprinting/jumping, of course).
Besides, ascended poseidons with godly armors won't go down easily in the way u describe.
just get off that match and find another.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Athena blade combo is well known fact,actually it is like this. x,t,s,s,x,t,r1,l1 s,s,s,x,t,r1. And to extend it to be even more ridiculous add Poseidon crest after the few squares and voila,RQ accomplished.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Jun 30, 2013

^ That combo isnt possible all the time. Either way, the fact you bounce like a fish after the Jump>Triangle>R1 is ridiculous. It allows you to get easy hits in, even though after a grapple the combo should end.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
819 posts

Jun 30, 2013
^Yes, that combo. You do enter the ie frame but immediately after you get out of it, you get hit, so it's unavoidable
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1702 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Yup... Grapple Bouncers.  Ugh wish I have countermeasures.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (365 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I had an idea for a combo breaking system where if u guess the next 2 buttons your opponent is going to press it will instantly cause you to parry if your opponent presses the 2 buttons u guessed.

Competition? Why yes, I would love some.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (348 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Santa Monicas first mistake was adding i frames to game which lead to this, i frame exploiters and it took the intuition away from players so everyone is only doing few or one combo because it does not cause i frame

Second mistake was adding bouncing to game play

Third mistake was messing with allready butter smooth controls from previous god of wars

Fourth mistake was trying to Over do this mp, Beta was fun and exiting with its fast pased combat,and no recovery bs
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jun 30, 2013

with the blade of athena after they grapple, do not try to move just leave ur controller alone cus then the L1 S move  will make you go white but if you try to roll then the L1 S  you put you in a state where they can continue their combo. go pratice it with your friends it will help. And the Cerb sword L1 S animation requires time so you have to pressure them. you can easly interupt it. All you do is stay close to them, jump and block cus they can slice you if you dont block. n as soon as you see them trying to do the L1 S just press square and grapple them.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (268 Views)
0 Likes