Highlighted
Dec 15 2012
By: Aldro_US Splicer 43 posts

Tips regarding the Interface

[ Edited ]
4 replies 136 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

Hey,

So regarding the User interface:
It is rather easy to find each section as in Weapons -> Sword & Hammer , Armor -> Legs, Body, Head , Misc(?) -> Magic, Relic and Item.

But the issue is when you choose one of those sections and you get icons to the left that are really hard to remember and you just scroll down and have to read everything. Its like a wall of text for each ability (even though its not THAT much text) and well, its confusing. I mean sure you get used to it but it is not really user friendly.

I'd recommend make like a whole line after the explanation and then highlighting what level you have to be to upgrade with red color, or green if you can upgrade.

As for the description, I think maybe if you increased the size of the font, it would be easier to "get".

Perhaps even remove the scrolling so they all appear in one big tree and you can just navigate there.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (136 Views)
Wastelander
787 posts

Re: Tips regarding the Interface

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

Agreed, the first time I played I thought there was a ton of items to use but there was only 3 Smiley Tongue. Same with the relics or armor, theyll show the pictures but at times I am not 100%  sure which one I have equipped.

Even just something to indicate "this is what you have equipped now" symbol, unless there is one and I have yet to see Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 5 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I third this. For the same reasons as stated in OP.

Message 3 of 5 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I agree on several accounts.

Once I started navigating through the character customization sections, I was completely lost (absolutely no idea what the difference between relics and items)

- I would appreciate some kind of walk through, explaining all the statistics and icons.

- the font describing abilities needs to be bigger - right now the font just blurs together into one yellow line, not to mention the description of "how to purchase" is an even smaller text. All text needs to be the same, legible size.

The text size on the names of powers and armor is a fine sized text - I can read what everything's name is, but not what it does or how to get it. Maybe even add on a "closer look" button (press triangle or something on a selection and a new pop up fills the screen, showing details of your selection, such as description, cost, how to purchase, and attacks for weapons)

- I would also like for "skill points" to be explained more fully. I didn't even realize I had skill points until I got on this forum - not to mention, I can't tell how many skill points I have (the font size for the skill point number is too small, it just looks like a blurry shape - same for my current level number)

- as for the icons on the left of every selection: I would like the walkthrough to explain these as well - I still have no clue what these are - the shapes need to be bigger and/or more distinctive as well

- however, I feel the scrolling is fine as is - that's how it's been for every god of war and I like that they've stayed true to their roots

Message 4 of 5 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Bumping this for Devs to see.
Message 5 of 5 (95 Views)
0 Likes