Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Re: To everyone upset about the Ascension feature

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Insidious93 wrote:
these guys are so bored to start leveling again.Thats their problem.

No it isn't. I don't want to prattle on as I've listed my issues several times but I feel an urge to respond when brushed off by people in this manner.

I was thrilled for the Ascension feature and was looking forward to, "new Godly armors and weapons" that would grant those dedicated enough, new tools to play with and armour with destinctive, grand appearances that shared the common theme of balance across items.

If people think Columbian cartel bling reskins of uncustomisable items and across the board, no trade off, best in slot items that will split the game both stylistically and in the player base's competitive viability then I doubt we would order the same dish.

Oh and in addition, saying it was free doesn't justify a protection from criticism. If they were going to introduce something in this manner then they had to be absolutely sure they could do so in a manner that represents the expected standards of the company and one that wouldn't completely alter the landscape of the game for the worse. I believe they have failed on both counts.  

Edit: Forgot to add, in all this I actually ignored the part where you can see people's stats. That will be fun won't it? Setting people up for ridicule and further increasing the urge of people already so inclined to avoid conflict if it saves their stats. Magnificent.

Message 11 of 19 (232 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013
It's perfect how things are now and the armor I also have two godly armor for y Poseidon and I been kicking butt just like I would normally do the lvl 1 armor or me been lvl 1 don't effect my skill.
Message 12 of 19 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Jun 11, 2013

xRictorx wrote:
It's perfect how things are now and the armor I also have two godly armor for y Poseidon and I been kicking butt just like I would normally do the lvl 1 armor or me been lvl 1 don't effect my skill.

I think it would've worked more toward making your point if you had said you weren't dominating at level 1 with your ascended unlocks.  Dominating right off the bat, to a ridiculous degree, simply by ascending is precisely the concern of many.  

No one's worried about the ascended players having difficulty fighting.  It's everyone that goes against them.  I have a feeling it's going to be pretty annoying just trying to get up to 40 so I can ascend for the first time.  Sure wish I'd gotten some freebie tokens and big xp boosts. -_-

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 13 of 19 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jun 11, 2013
1) Ascensions should be tradeable for Favour earned. It makes more sence when Gods of Olympus decide to Ascend a Warrior when he earned their respect and favour, not when hes just higher level.

2) If that doesnt work, then Ascension should provide a boost to base stats, not the actual items.

Having these godly items makes other items look like peaces of **bleep** stat wise and since their release, only die hard fans will buy weapon armour DLCs just as a collection.
Because for real, who would want some items with tradeoffs when youve got a godly armor of opseidon that tanks anything and has 4% less EP than godly glass cannon zeus?

It was like this Lightning>Water>Fire and Soul being jack of all trades, master of none, we no have
Water>Fire/Lightning/Soul.

Ares, Zeus and Hades are still equally matched but this resist Opseidon has is just **bleep**...
Message 14 of 19 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Jun 11, 2013

AccipiterNisus wrote:

...across the board, no trade off, best in slot items that will split the game both stylistically and in the player base's competitive viability... 

THIS is my main concern; not heeding actual level or anything.

Before, you had to weigh different armours and weapons against each other to get a decent gear.

Now, just just put on you shiny bling bling period... There's not a single piece of gear being even near to the Gogly Armours stats...

Weapons may be ok, as the special determine the playstyle, but having a massive stat differency to a godly weapon may result in simply adapting your playstyle to a weapon you don't like as much but yields better results in the end.

0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

bblake_solo wrote:
I Like the new prestige system. Gives us replay value and let us know that SSM is working hard for us all. Thank you SSM for everything.

Hahahahaa.... Replay value & SSM working hard... you are funny. How is doing the same thing over and over and over again on the same maps and same modes for 800 levels worth of XP called "Replay value"... i call it mindless grinding and worst game desing decision i have ever encountered.

Instead of adding a new mode like 1 vs 1 which has been asked since beta, so about 7 monts ago now, they add all this useless stuff, nice going Money Santa Monica, way to keep players entertained.

Message 16 of 19 (175 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 11, 2013
I like it if you don't, don't ascend then SIMPLE
Message 17 of 19 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jun 11, 2013
New mode isn't hardcore no world items to throw mode?
Message 18 of 19 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Jun 11, 2013

NO world items (thank moses)

Message 19 of 19 (95 Views)
0 Likes