Apr 09 2013
By: DTS-95 First Son 20 posts

To the people that complained about the Trial of Archimedes

10 replies 206 views Edited Apr 9, 2013

I have been a fan since the first God of War and have played and beaten all of them and one of my favorite things about them is how difficult some segments of the games can be. Nothing feels better than getting past the one part that is really difficult on any videogame in my opinion. But why would SSM tone it down just because people are complaining. I am by no means the greatest God of War player and the trial was very difficult, but it wasnt that hard. I only played on normal and beat it on my second attempt and what gets me is the people that complain that theyre stuck on this spot for hours and hours on normal and this makes me believe that the people arent using Kratos to his full potential. What aggravates me more is the fact that SSM toned it down because of all the whiners. Its theyre job to make the game difficult and when they do good at it apparently thats wrong. So to the people that complained you should have did one of two things: play on easy or dont play at all.

Message 1 of 11 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Re: To the people that complained about the Trial of Archimedes

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

^veary well said sir im still stuck on that part i aint complaing

If you want to play with me its ok i will add you PSN ID: Spartca

Member of the Demigod Legion

Message 2 of 11 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
20 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Cool beans lol, send me a friend request but it might be a lil while before I can get back online. For the first wave of the trial spam your magic because when the gorgons die they give you magic. For the second wave BE PATIENT and pay attention. The girl with the spear is fast and you cant rush the hammer guy. When you make it to the third killing the centaur will give you health and the wraiths are easy. I hope this helps.
Message 3 of 11 (182 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Thanks for the tips and i added you.
If you want to play with me its ok i will add you PSN ID: Spartca

Member of the Demigod Legion

Message 4 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I past this part on evey mode b4 the patch. To me on normal it is very easy, I even dumbed myself down so much that i only pressed square, evaded, and block, just to see why that part is so difficult in normal mode and it really isnt and I was so confused why ppl were complaining. Ok I almost died by doing this but when u actually try it shouldnt be hard at all. Hard mode and Titan are way more difficult than normal but that is how it should be. There was way more harder parts in the other games than this and it just makes me laugh hearing ppl complain about something as easy(well not actually easy but easier than other parts in the GoW series) as this. I did think SSM for not making the fights easier they only made it so u get some health and magic. Back then I didnt want to say ppl sucked and it was to difficult for them, but when I dumb myself and past it on my first try I now think they do suck lol jk. But I am still wondering how this part was so hard on normal though.

Message 5 of 11 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Apr 9, 2013

People found it difficult because they didnt stop and think about HOW to do it.

Each wave has its own solution, but those who were use to mashing square and not paying attention to the enemy types failed at it.

Message 6 of 11 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Apr 9, 2013
>the greatest GoW player >trial of archimedes was very difficult on normal no... just no.
Message 7 of 11 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Apr 9, 2013
I've beaten the game twice now, once on easy and once on normal and I didn't die once during the ToA on either difficulty. I've definitely seen worse fights in previous GoW games. I can't remember ever being killed by a non-boss on normal in any of the games (unless they threw me into/off of something that killed me instantly). Mobs are much easier for me than bosses.

Some tips I have for the ToA are:

1) Use your items as much as possible (don't forget about the EoT).
2) Try to bring a club to the fight, it will help you ring-out/stun more enemies (stunning gorgons lets you use them to petrify enemies).
3) Rage dump whenever possible, preferably with Hades or Ares but Zeus is ok too. Poseidon is a waste of rage (same goes for the magics).
4) Don't waste the time and effort trying to parry, blocking and evading are much more effective.
5) Use the invincibility of grabs to your advantage. Take every QTE, brutal kill and air grab you can. (this goes for just about any mob fight in any GoW game).
Side note: Getting a BK on Amazons will get you some health.
6) Tether enemies and toss 'em at other enemies whenever possible.
7) Last but certainly not least, stay calm and learn to separate the game's mistakes from your own.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 8 of 11 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

Play on EASY??? After 5 games that i have completed several times, why on earth would i "attempt" EASY mode...? I'm "stuck" so to speak on Trial, simply because i lost my morale and do wan't to play it anymore (i play on hard). The whole game has been atrocious much thanks to parry being a useless pile of dried orangutan turd...

The rage attacks are lame (if you can even "get it up" so to speak..), the magics are just bad and simply do not do enough damage and often miss enemies farther away or just knock them back & the items are boring and unoriginal and not satisfying to use. I would trade everything in this game for me to have God Of War 1 moves, magic and most importantly of all, the RAGE! No game has come close to how awesome the rage was in the first game, and the third game too a dip in rectal waste in how atrocious it was, same as this game.

Message 9 of 11 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I actually didn't find any problem with this. Beaten on first attempt on normal and died only two times during the first challenge on hard.

signature.jpg

Message 10 of 11 (89 Views)
0 Likes