I have been a fan since the first God of War and have played and beaten all of them and one of my favorite things about them is how difficult some segments of the games can be. Nothing feels better than getting past the one part that is really difficult on any videogame in my opinion. But why would SSM tone it down just because people are complaining. I am by no means the greatest God of War player and the trial was very difficult, but it wasnt that hard. I only played on normal and beat it on my second attempt and what gets me is the people that complain that theyre stuck on this spot for hours and hours on normal and this makes me believe that the people arent using Kratos to his full potential. What aggravates me more is the fact that SSM toned it down because of all the whiners. Its theyre job to make the game difficult and when they do good at it apparently thats wrong. So to the people that complained you should have did one of two things: play on easy or dont play at all.
I past this part on evey mode b4 the patch. To me on normal it is very easy, I even dumbed myself down so much that i only pressed square, evaded, and block, just to see why that part is so difficult in normal mode and it really isnt and I was so confused why ppl were complaining. Ok I almost died by doing this but when u actually try it shouldnt be hard at all. Hard mode and Titan are way more difficult than normal but that is how it should be. There was way more harder parts in the other games than this and it just makes me laugh hearing ppl complain about something as easy(well not actually easy but easier than other parts in the GoW series) as this. I did think SSM for not making the fights easier they only made it so u get some health and magic. Back then I didnt want to say ppl sucked and it was to difficult for them, but when I dumb myself and past it on my first try I now think they do suck lol jk. But I am still wondering how this part was so hard on normal though.
Some tips I have for the ToA are:
1) Use your items as much as possible (don't forget about the EoT).
2) Try to bring a club to the fight, it will help you ring-out/stun more enemies (stunning gorgons lets you use them to petrify enemies).
3) Rage dump whenever possible, preferably with Hades or Ares but Zeus is ok too. Poseidon is a waste of rage (same goes for the magics).
4) Don't waste the time and effort trying to parry, blocking and evading are much more effective.
5) Use the invincibility of grabs to your advantage. Take every QTE, brutal kill and air grab you can. (this goes for just about any mob fight in any GoW game).
Side note: Getting a BK on Amazons will get you some health.
6) Tether enemies and toss 'em at other enemies whenever possible.
7) Last but certainly not least, stay calm and learn to separate the game's mistakes from your own.
The gods overestimate themselves.
Play on EASY??? After 5 games that i have completed several times, why on earth would i "attempt" EASY mode...? I'm "stuck" so to speak on Trial, simply because i lost my morale and do wan't to play it anymore (i play on hard). The whole game has been atrocious much thanks to parry being a useless pile of dried orangutan turd...
The rage attacks are lame (if you can even "get it up" so to speak..), the magics are just bad and simply do not do enough damage and often miss enemies farther away or just knock them back & the items are boring and unoriginal and not satisfying to use. I would trade everything in this game for me to have God Of War 1 moves, magic and most importantly of all, the RAGE! No game has come close to how awesome the rage was in the first game, and the third game too a dip in rectal waste in how atrocious it was, same as this game.