Jan 25 2013
By: rachelnlucas Hekseville Citizen 274 posts

Top 3 changes that you'd change

[ Edited ]
32 replies 260 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

Alright our forum has a wide variety of changes and suggestions. If you could pick 3 issues for SSM to focus on and make sure had significant improvements by launch what would they be?

I'd like the first one to be how long the matches take, gettting a host migration in place and letting you join already started matches. Really this is all related to smooth operation of the game and getting in there faster but might take all 3.

If not then I'd like them to work on stat balancing. Ares physical attacks need to be as devastating as Zeus magical attacks.  The armor may need to be played around with and stats on that shifted for this to happen.

Message 1 of 33 (260 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: Top 3 changes that you'd change

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

I just noticed how frustrating it has been since the Beta didn't allow players to join/didn't offer host migration. It seems pretty obvious for that to be important, so I'd actually be surprised if it didn't show up in the final release (patches aside).

"Ares physical attacks need to be as devastating as Zeus magical attacks."

Thank...................... you, Rachel.

I'd want the matchmaking (if it is here to stay, which it most likely is) to find games and match level/skill/clans.

So, I'm with you on the whole "smoothness" aspect.

This has to do with the skill factor too (experience, I guess).

If I'm level 56 (just as an example), I do not want to play with level 1's unless there are no other players within/close to my level. I think this will give some relief to the newcomers, but also some tension (which is needed) when they have no other choice but to go up against higher levels. This is how they learn.

Lastly, clans. If I have 3 people with me and we're in a party, I want the AI to try its best to find others in the same situation.

Nice thread, I'm curious to see what others say.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 2 of 33 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 25, 2013

1)  Quick Match feature needs to join existing games. Also, they need to add an overall Leaderboard.

2)  The brutal kill system needs to be god based.

Poseidon drowns people, Hades throws their soul to Hades, Zeus blast with lightning bolt, Ares use the existing brutals

3)  Tag moves for more team play. Maybe even a player running around healing. The teamwork just wasn't there.

===============================================================================

The developers are going to need like 400 different weapon/armor customizations if they are going for a multiplayer with replayability.... Even the hidden weapons were a piece of cake to obtain..... For me, the game got old pretty quick.

Message 3 of 33 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 25, 2013

derekg123_ wrote:

1)  Quick Match feature needs to join existing games. Also, they need to add an overall Leaderboard.

2)  The brutal kill system needs to be god based.

Poseidon drowns people, Hades throws their soul to Hades, Zeus blast with lightning bolt, Ares use the existing brutals

3)  Tag moves for more team play. Maybe even a player running around healing. The teamwork just wasn't there.

===============================================================================

The developers are going to need like 400 different weapon/armor customizations if they are going for a multiplayer with replayability.... Even the hidden weapons were a piece of cake to obtain..... For me, the game got old pretty quick.

You played a Beta... expect more when the game releases. 

I'd like God specific Brutal Kills, in addition to the universal animations.

By leaderboards, I hope you don't mean "K/D" but rather "Favour". Let's avoid the whole CoD K/D sh**.

Message 4 of 33 (220 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

I mean any type of leaderboard.

Keeping track of kills, deaths, assists, how many chests you open, what your armor is, what your level is, how many special moves you used.... absolutely anything... That way people can put together a clan as if it were a fantasy football team or something (with the stats). Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses and ways of helping out the team.

I can't help but think the developers are going to release this title as is.... Most of the time I was walking around the map looking for people to fight... Ive never had that problem with games like starhawk or super smash brothers.... Things need to be more action packed.... When I die or lose a life, i need to be thinking.... **bleep** was that **bleep** !?

Message 5 of 33 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Not as many replies as I would have thought.  I'm surprised that the leader board is a top 3 to focus on for anyone. I expected to be surprised at what people would have as their top 3 though. ( a few people)

Message 6 of 33 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 25, 2013
@rachelnlucas

I couldn't just settle on 3 when I found so many to be necessary even though you all have some very valid points. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 33 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Multiplayer games don't survive without leaderboards (I am confident that they will add one)...

Actually, my #1 was when a player drops, another is added.... That is the most important bug I would like to see fixed

(as I stated in my thread weeks ago)

Message 8 of 33 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

Not as many replies as I would have thought.  I'm surprised that the leader board is a top 3 to focus on for anyone. I expected to be surprised at what people would have as their top 3 though. ( a few people)

Well, sorry to disappoint. It's not as active today.

Message 9 of 33 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jan 25, 2013

@rachelnlucas 

1) That World Weapons Spawn Less Frequently Maybe 25% Less, At Random Locations As Well . To Mix Up The Odds In The Heat Of Battle .

2) The Ability To Grapple Foes That Are Climbing Within A Reasonable Range . Just Something That I Think Is Fair, Because If You Damaged That Opponent A Lot And They Just Flee For Health Or Magic It Is Quite Upsetting .

3) The Ability To Have The Option Of Changing The Color Of The Grapple Prompt, From A Dull White To A Golden Yellow To Easily See The Prompt Much Clearly In The Combat Frenzy Going Around .

Just A Few Minor Fixes Would Of Made The Beta Experience All The More Better For Me, But I Digress .Lol

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 10 of 33 (153 Views)
0 Likes