Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Re: Top 3 changes that you'd change

Jan 25, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:
@rachelnlucas

I couldn't just settle on 3 when I found so many to be necessary even though you all have some very valid points. :smileyhappy:

I visited your post. ;-)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/The-Multiplayer-Beta-Experie...

All of mine are in there, you just went a lot more in detail. I wanted short sweet and simple to get a wide view of what people thought was most important for them to focus on.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 26, 2013
@rachelnlucas

Well, I guess balance, a party system, and host migration. I could probably survive without the rest, but I don't know for how long. Lol!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (136 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

DaJizzle wrote:
@rachelnlucas

I couldn't just settle on 3 when I found so many to be necessary even though you all have some very valid points. :smileyhappy:

I visited your post. ;-)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/The-Multiplayer-Beta-Experie...

All of mine are in there, you just went a lot more in detail. I wanted short sweet and simple to get a wide view of what people thought was most important for them to focus on.

I don't think that's possible, lol. We have many ideas and they seem to go so quick that we can't even put them down on time. I hope we're sculpting something good here, along with SSM.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 33 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 26, 2013
@rachelnlucas

I sure hope also! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I'll take away some of your dissapointment Rachel:

1. Reduce time for getting into a match as much as possible. This means having the ability to join an existing match (only if it had just started) or just reducing that 60 second timer to something like 10 seconds.

2. Improve matchmaking itself. I know they are working on this, but I only got a small number of matches with people of my difficulty.

3. As Stripesmarine said, reduce the frequency of world weapons. Also, take some of those chests out in the TFOG maps and reduce the frequency of chests respawning in FOG maps. I feel so cheap when I open them lol.

If anyone hasn't noticed the new multiplayer information, check it out!! I'm very impressed with the changes, we got customization! :smileyvery-happy:

http://www.godofwar.com/en-gb/blog/thank-you-exclusive-first-look/
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2141 posts

Useful changes

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

This may seem like an odd thing but for ease of seeing who you are in a mass of players fighting maybe the allies on your team should have a different color lifebar.

All enemies will be red, but allies could have blue, yellow, orange, gray or purple life bars so it's easier to know who is on your side when you're in a mass of mayhem. Green lifebars don't differentiate you from your teammates outside of trying to see the screename.

The color could be used on the life bar or the screename or both.

This isn't much of an issue in Favor of the Gods as you only have up to four people. You could have a more illuminated life bar in this mode or even in a team mode.

I really think this would help give people a better sense of who they are in the crowded moments.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 33 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Re: Useful changes

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

1) nerf world weapon respawns, especially in favor of the gods, it seems like you can't go more then 10 seconds without having to deal with one of those **bleep** things.

2) Leaderboard that doesn't include a K-D system, KD ruins multiplayer games. People become obsessed about their KD.

3) Have a "Pure" Favor of the gods. No world weapon / chest spawns and limited heath pool spawns. Simple player vs. player skill.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (96 Views)
Wastelander
869 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

1) Limit lag as much as possible, or at least CHANGE how lag affects your encounters...as of now, lag means my atttacks aren't landing. They should land if on MY SCREEN I pulled them off properly and in a timely fashion, even if THEIR attacks get through as well. I'll at least be able to interrupt them too...many games do this and though it feels cheap at times it is MUCH better than the way it was in the demo with my attacks appearing to land only to do no damage, cause no interruption.

2) Yes, definitely nerf the world weapons in some way. Damage decrease, make the attacks slower or less frequency to them, I dont necessarily wanna see them spawn slower, just make em easier to deal with if you DON'T have them.

3) God alignment icons displayed next to names during matchmaking. I wanna see what I'm up against before I encounter them. It's the little things, SSM! My thread on the subjject: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/God-Alignment-Icons-in-Lobby...

I also agree with many other suggestion made on these forums but wanted to emphasize a few I'd like to see above all. I can KINDA live with some of the other proposals but...I assume they are going to be dealt with in the final product anyways (matchmaking issues, damage issues, etc.).

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (90 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 26, 2013
@SirCrush

+1 to God alignment icons!

I wouldn't like the world weapons being nerfed in any way though, it feels good wielding so much power!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Admiral_Try_Hard wrote:

1) nerf world weapon respawns, especially in favor of the gods, it seems like you can't go more then 10 seconds without having to deal with one of those **bleep** things.

2) Leaderboard that doesn't include a K-D system, KD ruins multiplayer games. People become obsessed about their KD.

3) Have a "Pure" Favor of the gods. No world weapon / chest spawns and limited heath pool spawns. Simple player vs. player skill.

My thoughts, exactly!

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes