Highlighted
Dec 21 2012
By: DaJizzle Wastelander 739 posts

Top Level Weapons

14 replies 128 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

First of all, I'm going to miss this beta while the servers are turned off for the holidays. But I'm not really sure if this has been mentioned already; so, I'll mention it again if it has been. Whenever you completely max out your champion, it would be nice if they get a special weapon that's WAY more powerful than any other weapon that has been offered under that god.

For example, a maxed out champion of Zeus would be able to use Zeus' Gaunlet from Chains of Olympus. A maxed out champion of Hades would be able to use Hades Chains from GOW3. A maxed out champion of Poseidon would get his Trident and a maxed out Ares champion would get his battle axe or hammer from GOW1, etc.

Just a thought, I'm not sure what the guys at Santa Monica have in store, but I want to feel like I'm the CHAMPION of that particular god when I max out my character.

Message 1 of 15 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Top Level Weapons

Dec 21, 2012
That would be nice, and I'm sure there will be weapons like that because you can unlock like every single weapon before level 15, hell an experienced player could probably unlock them all before that.

I'm expecting more weapons at higher levels, like around the 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's. You wouldn't be able to unlock them until you hit a certain level, and then complete a set of challenges.

But a max level weapon/set would be amazing. That's the thing I miss about video games there used to be tons of legendary weapons you could unlock by completing hard challenges but nowadays if you want something powerful you have to buy DLC.
Message 2 of 15 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I agree with the DLC part. I'm not a big fan of DLC usually because it a money grab. But when done right (ala Red Dead Redemption or more recently Sleeping Dogs), I'm in full support of it.

But, I'm sure hoping it's something along these lines because I plan on partaking in this multiplayer ALOT! And those of us that do, should be rewarded for dedication.

I think that's where Uncharted 3 lost me at. It was the losing EVERYTHING after becoming a legacy player and having to completely start over from scratch (I don't understand to this day why they made this decision) and the implementation of micro transactions that punished players that had been playing a long time by letting lower leveled players just buy a weapon or upgrade.

I really want Santa Monica to stay away from that motto. Because I like the multiplayer how it is. I just feel it needs a few tweaks here and there.
Message 3 of 15 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I'm planning on playing it a lot too which is why I hope there's a large amount of weapons and armors... not necessarily armor sets I can switch back and forth to but to level up and become stronger. Say at level 5 I unlock this one set and level it up to 3 and then I see a set that looks amazing but I have to be level 15 in order to unlock it...so I'll work towards that set of armor and then finally unlock it and get a lot stronger. Then after THAT, there's another set or two at higher levels and I work towards that....and so on and so on until cap. Then once we reach cap have "legendary" stuff for our characters that are a pain to unlock but soooo worth it. That'd just be the best.

Not only that but I hope there are more item levels than just 3. I understand you can't go on forever because weapons would be OP and stuff but you can cap items of your choice in one day... which kind of suck. I'm hoping for low level items reaching level 3. Higher level items (say 20's to 30's) reaching level 4, and then (40's, 50's) reaching level 5. Of course after 3 it'd be really hard to level but really worth all the work you put into using your favorite items.

I'm hoping for an MMO or RPG style leveling here lol. You know, where it's pretty balanced until you hit a certain level and then the gear really improves over the previous gear. You know, so you actually feel like you're leveling up to get powerful and not leveling up just to look a little bit differently.
Message 4 of 15 (114 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Yeah, then every zeus character will be running the same build with the same OP weapon and the same for the other gods. Those kind of things ensure that the community will not grow. Once something is broken it will be exploited and new players certainly won't stick around in a game where they can't do anything because they're just starting out. Rewards for cap, I completely agree on but the weapons can't be that much stronger.

Message 5 of 15 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 21, 2012

vyrsai wrote:

Yeah, then every zeus character will be running the same build with the same OP weapon and the same for the other gods. Those kind of things ensure that the community will not grow. Once something is broken it will be exploited and new players certainly won't stick around in a game where they can't do anything because they're just starting out. Rewards for cap, I completely agree on but the weapons can't be that much stronger.

That's why you don't put new players against players who know exactly what they're doing... that's not right for ANY game whether it's a shooter, fighter, etc.  In any game ever made ever if a good player fights a noob the good player will shred them, whether or not you have godly gear or gear on the same level.

But since the game has already shown the fact that if you play a longer time, you'll get stronger.  You're right, maybe not have one set that's absolutely the best, but having something for reaching the cap would be nice. 

Most online games only rewards you for doing stupid stuff like prestiging or reaching a level that's far below the level cap.  Doesn't seem to make sense to me. 

Message 6 of 15 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Now I noticed on the FB page that they showed a picture for the maul of Ares but I'm at level 20 and still haven't seen it. Perhaps in the full release that will be the reward for hitting the cap because there absolutely does need to be a reward for doing so

Message 7 of 15 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 21, 2012
well, I believe in general the items we have now are all low level items because you can unlock like everything really really early on in the game.

Take note though, that these items were unlocked early when we didn't know how to play... now that so many players have experience when we get the game it'll be 10x easier to get this gear.

I do have a feel that there are "tiered" armor, as in the higher level you get the better the gear you can unlock, which would make sense rather than having a level 10 unlock the best set in the whole game, getting it to level 3 that day and then have no desire to play the game ever again.
Message 8 of 15 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I've just been switching my weapons and armor every time they get maxxed out just so I can keep leveling things up. I'm sure this is jjust a taste though. At least I hope so.

Message 9 of 15 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I would do that too, but I'm obsessed with having the best of the best. I like my current build, and if I switched to weaker armor it'd screw with me big time.
Message 10 of 15 (93 Views)
0 Likes