Apr 02 2013
By: AngelorD129 Hekseville Citizen 342 posts

TotG in Desert of Lost Souls - Separate paths

11 replies 188 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

I think you guys should make it clearer to people that there are 2 separate paths to take in Desert of lost souls. I always get players following me into the one person challenges and that's a waste of time imo...

If any of you guys don't know, after the second altar which summons monsters, you can either go climb the wall to the right or to the left - and each of these paths needs only one player to activate the monster waves, so what the devs intended (I think) is that one player goes left and the other goes right. The two paths meet again at the area where the spear of olympus would be in FotG, and only then do you really need 2 players...

Message 1 of 12 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Re: TotG in Desert of Lost Souls - Separate paths

Apr 2, 2013
Well it depends. Imagine 2 zeus' ith relic of asclepius... they need to stick together in case one get stunned Smiley Wink
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 2 of 12 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

czeuch wrote:
Well it depends. Imagine 2 zeus' ith relic of asclepius... they need to stick together in case one get stunned Smiley Wink

I agree; it really depends on how good the duo is. If ppl take separate paths and one gets stunned, you'll lose a decent amount of time since one person will have to back track to revive the other person.

Personally, I've been more successful beating the map when plowing through together (getting gold ranks more frequently) then the divide and conquer strategy. But if you have a really good duo, I'm sure splitting up would work fine... but I still feel that sticking together is easier IMO.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 3 of 12 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Apr 2, 2013
You don't even need to destroy all the alters so it makes no sense to split up. Best way to save time is move together.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 4 of 12 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Seventy_X_Seven wrote:
You don't even need to destroy all the alters so it makes no sense to split up. Best way to save time is move together.

Right, you get nothing for splitting up except that I find I'm sitting there waiting for the gimp to hurry up and finish.  Bring on the bronze wave.  The only merit for doing this would be to possibly both get magic or both get world weapons? But I'm not even sure it works that way.

Better just to stick together.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 5 of 12 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Apr 3, 2013

yeah i doubt that even if you and your mate are insanely skilled ,you won't be able to get nearly as much goldwaves as rushing together through each wave, because of the almost doubled amount of enemies you will need to face in a coop game ... i actually believe you would even run out of time in the middle of round 4 ...

Message 6 of 12 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Time was never an issue with this arena. I usually get an excess of 6 minutes.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 7 of 12 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Apr 3, 2013
but it will be if you split up
Message 8 of 12 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

AngelorD129 wrote:

I think you guys should make it clearer to people that there are 2 separate paths to take in Desert of lost souls. I always get players following me into the one person challenges and that's a waste of time imo...

If any of you guys don't know, after the second altar which summons monsters, you can either go climb the wall to the right or to the left - and each of these paths needs only one player to activate the monster waves, so what the devs intended (I think) is that one player goes left and the other goes right. The two paths meet again at the area where the spear of olympus would be in FotG, and only then do you really need 2 players...

Dude you're not thinking clear. The goal is to WIN. 2 routs gives you a choice of which side you want to go. You don't need both sides 1 is enough to continue

If you would go rite and then left seeing I am fallowing, I would simply quit because if you do that you have no idea what are you doing and I won't reach final wave with you

Keep in mind that gold wave gives you quite a lot of time and you won't get it alone in co-op

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 9 of 12 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Apr 3, 2013

There are far too many goat enemies in this game. Kill those baaaaaastards together.

Message 10 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes