Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2013
By: King_Gheedorahh Splicer 70 posts

Two very simple customization ideas

19 replies 120 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

1. Armor custimization the likes of DCU online. 

Say you really like the way skorpion armor looks, but you'd rather have the stats of Ares armor, I think we should be able to pick the Ares armor then select the Skorpion armor as the actual outwards cosmetic appearance. This wouldn't break the game and it wouldn't require any new content, just a mix and match.

2. Color editing.

Color editing is the simplest tool you can have to add custimization variety and uniqueness. A color wheel or a platelette with major colors or patterns is all thats needed. 

Obviously this should be auto-turned off for team games in order to avoid confusion.

Skin color should also be included into this.

I think these are the two easiest ways to give the multiplayer a more personal feel for the players.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Re: Two very simple customization ideas

Jan 20, 2013

I like colour customization, but not so much the stat/armor appearance swap.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2263 posts

Jan 20, 2013

You can't even see good detail when you're playing because the camera is all over the place and you can't even tell who the hell you are when you have other enemies attacking you.

No offense but your idea would be useless outside of a function they are not going to use.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 20, 2013
It's customization, it doesn't have any uses besides allowing the player to make their characters look the way they want.

Unless you're blind i'm sure you'll notice color.

What function are you talking about?

No offense but if you cant tell who you are at all times while playing this game you should either get your eyes checked or start playing another game.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2263 posts

Jan 20, 2013

When you're in a mass of fighters duking it out it's very easy to lose track of who you are, and I sure as hell am not the only one that feels this way.

With a zoomed out camera your detail is going to be a lot less on characters and it's not like the colors used are bold to really make such an impact. The only time you're getting a detailed look at characters is during Brutal Kills or killing Polyphemus.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 20, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

When you're in a mass of fighters duking it out it's very easy to lose track of who you are, and I sure as hell am not the only one that feels this way.

With a zoomed out camera your detail is going to be a lot less on characters and it's not like the colors used are bold to really make such an impact. The only time you're getting a detailed look at characters is during Brutal Kills or killing Polyphemus.

That's where I agree with the idea. I think when it zooms in during Brutal Kills is the most important part. This is where customization would shine. 

On a side note, I played a game with you tonight, good match.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2263 posts

Jan 20, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

SILVERX200 wrote:

That's where I agree with the idea. I think when it zooms in during Brutal Kills is the most important part. This is where customization would shine. 

On a side note, I played a game with you tonight, good match.

If color customization were to happen the color spectrum would really need to be increased. The color values are really low in multiplayer and they're simply not going to give  specific armor a swap function for a visual change without simply having another piece of armor taking it's place.

They have to follow certain parameters so any customization is going to end up extremely limited so it's basic for everyone. We won't be given the option of any elaborate costume designs outside of what we're given in general.

I was really annoyed with teams I was on tonight. I was constantly ganged up on while my teammates were lord knows where when it came to CTF and Team Favor. These weren't even new players. Then of course you have the idiots trap killing you on your own team.

Were we on a team or against each other? I thought I recognized your screename but wasn't sure what mode we would have played. I had numerous encounters where I had 3 and 4 on 1 and I was not happy.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Yah we were on the same team. I was spamming taunts as a friendly 'hello'.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2263 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Was that during a Capture the Flag match? I only recall one person I was exchanging taunts with on my team and trying to protect them while they brought the flag. It would be nice if the characters had more options for communication through animations.

Instead of just Up, assign other emotes to the rest of the directions.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I actually just noticed that. Only 'up' is used, that's odd. 

And yes that was me.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (82 Views)
0 Likes