I Only Post Everything
889 posts

Re: Unfinished business

Apr 30, 2013
Hmm, awkward how I got more glitches on my playthrough of GOW3...
Message 61 of 65 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Have you ever played dc universe online? That game had and still has alot of problems but people still PAY to play still its up to you to keep playing or just stop and leave and find something else. I know your mad but all we can do is wait till they fix it the game haven't been out for 2 months yet there will be problems and they will be fix we just have to wait :smileyhappy:
Message 62 of 65 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Apr 30, 2013

@DaBeast

You just made my day with that video :smileyvery-happy:

Message 63 of 65 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Apr 30, 2013

adressing the "show me one more glitched game" issue, and inb4 you can't compare them....

anybody played League of Legends post beta? Problem is, I actually can't go into detail because the game AS A WHOLE was ONE, massive glitch:

Friendslist not working

finding no game for hours

client crashing

client not working

loggin impossible

4 hours wait to log in

in-game balancing issues like no tomorrow....

Still riot is pressing every $ and € out of their customers because after a time of riping (just like wine) the game turned out OK and playable, and actually quite decent (yet Dota2 is better imo ^^).

Ofc I'm annoyed by Peter-Pan-ing, etc., yes it feels like an unfinished product, no doubt about that.

BUT in it's core GoW:A MP is a rly funny and well thought out game; it does have two problems though:

1) the deadlines were rushed for sure, but you can't blame the devs; blame the publisher

if your boss wants you to do a weeks worth of work in one day, you will start to get sloppy and put stuff aside as "not as important", and quality will go down the drain at least a bit

2) programming (especially MPs) makes small errors obvious

you wouldn't care the garbage man dropping one of your dustbins as long as he'll get it eventually; he just did a small mistake

but you do care about the programmer not being able to fix a problem he wasn't either aware of or wasn't comprehending how big an issue it was; small mistake, yet everyone want's to rip his guts out because you will never ever accept a mistake whatsoever destroying your perfect world

sry for being a bit sarcastic and sardonic on that part...

"my" conclusion:

yes, it could have been a better, more flawless game

yes, I am annoyed losing against the game and not the opponents from time to time

yes, they did release it too early (again: not the devs fault)

BUT

I do believe it will turn into a rly enjoyable game, if:

ppl will be more patient and forgiveable (adress the issues, but don't ride around on them)

you give the game another 2-3months to get polished (if it was as bug ridden in 3 months as of now, even I would turn my back on it tbh; maybe look in 6months after for one more chance)

although you're annoyed, in your heart you DO support the game by giving constructive feedback and hoping for the best

sry for the long post, but I'm fed up with black and white ppl being like "either you support the game no matter what and suck SSMs d**k OR you dispise everything and everyone about it ALTHOUGH playing the game";

there is a lot in between....

TL; DR: stop being spoiled brats and princesses demanding a 100% fulfilled job on new territory and with the publisher's release date being too early

BUT be critic, in a constructive and supportive kind of way

0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Vampire_Damian wrote:
I agree with Shishio_Alucard. They had 3 years to finish the game and have had 2 months to fix the issues (many of which shouldn't have existed in a finished product). GoW2 They've mostly just tried to placate us with DLC in the form of updates and 2x/3x MP xp. OP rants rarely (if ever) have any merit to them IMO and very few real problems have been fixed.

As far as the SP issues go, I had actually only got 1 audio drop and 1 screen tear in my first playthrough. I pre-ordered the CE by mail and it didn't get here until after patch 1.02 (the only purpose of which was to change a trophy name for a whiny critic). I was thankful that I was lucky enough not to be experiencing as many serious problems as some other people, even though I was still disappointed with the game overall.

Worthless copy/paste job on bonus costumes, mostly consisting of random MP armors on the MP champion body, no combat arena, no challenges, no in-game rewards for beating it on a higher difficulty, no other extra content besides BTS videos which IIRC, I had mostly (if not entirely) already seen before the game came out and worst of all, p!ss-poor writing and clunky combat.

Patches 1.03 and 1.04/1.05 have only introduced more problems. In my most recent playthrough, I got lots of audio lag, audio drops, screen tearing, pixelation and freezing. And that's not even getting into how quiet the music still is throughout most of the game and the various grammar issues which were almost never a problem in other games.

If anything is tacked on, it's the SP. MP is getting supported while SP is being almost entirely ignored. They've even said they have no current plans for any SP DLC, whereas they have a lot of of MP DLC planned.

SP was a bust. Still haven't finished it, lost interest in it because it was just so boring and i hated the combat changes. It is true the MP is getting worse by the update and not even the PeterPan tether has been fixed. The description errors are really amateurish and there is NO REASON why we should not know how much defense lets say Poseidons Salvation Of Atlantis gives (and all other abilities/items/magic etc.). On top of all this, they make changes without letting out REAL patch notes that say exactly what has been changed. I made a thread about these changes, i found about 7 changes within the first hour of gaming that were not listed on the patch notes.

Message 65 of 65 (51 Views)
0 Likes