Jan 11, 2013

some one on one would be cool 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 92 (564 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1316 posts

Re: Update From the Dev Team Front-lines - All Read

Jan 11, 2013

Thx for the tips/strategies pages on Ascension website GoW dev team and SSM! Definitely helpful for newcomers (as well as experienced players). I thought about linking those to a thread on the forum as well... but you beat me to it lol.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 92 (546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

DeathDealer300 wrote:

the removal of the kill updates on the bottom left is upsetting, always glorious to see who vanquished who! It also used to show if you got the assist, but I'm sure it will be present on the final game.

I cannot stress how important this is. It was fantastic beaing able to see all the kills and assists clearly displayed. With the kill stealing in this game, sometimes I don't know if I got that kill or an assist etc. 

I don't know why this was removed from the kill feed. It worked perfectly and the absence of it now is detrimental to player information and feedback. I sincerely hope this will be in the final game. 

EDIT: Also, the assist being clearly logged makes the player feel like they are contributing, and lessens the blow of a killsteal somewhat by having your contribution to the death clearly displayed. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 92 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 92 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 12, 2013

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 92 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Awesome... but there's still no voice chat :smileytongue: I want to tell people how to kill the cyclops and not just repeatedly hit it; it's annoying.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 92 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Sorry for all the posts (and that random blank one) but I thought it'd be cool to add damage points. I ALWAYS end up fighting around 2-4 guys, take off most of their health, and then die. I distracted them, got their health really low, but I get no points. I think it would be pretty fair to add damage based points, depending on how much damage you do on an enemy, it adds that to your score. Twisted Metal does this, and it makes a lot of sense. Messages like "Kill stolen" would pop up and are not worth a lot since the other player did most/all the damage. Just a thought :smileyhappy: Keep at it!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 92 (465 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 12, 2013

My PSN ID is ImVi11ain and while in the searching for matches(quick play menu) - it gets displayed as LmVi11ain, So ya an L instead of an I...S3 trivial bug probably for the beta version...dint know where to report this. 

Hope you guys deliver a single player experience in lines to the first and second GoW. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 92 (441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 12, 2013

The multiplayer is really great, but in character customization, it would be cool if you could edit the character itself a bit further. For example,  gender, build (light, medium, heavy), size (short, medium, tall), skin color, etc. That'd be pretty cool & would add a lot of diversity to characters so that everyone doesn't look exactly the same with the only differences being their armor. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 92 (416 Views)
Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist
402 posts

Jan 12, 2013

We're working on some things not in the Beta for character customization, it may not stop there...just yet =)

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 92 (408 Views)