Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Re: Update From the Dev Team Front-lines - All Read

Jan 15, 2013
Tank, you just got a pre-order out a 1 line comment... tell your boss what an awesome community strategist you are...

delivering good news a great timing.

thnx man!
looking forward to this game.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 92 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

I saw a couple posts which my list of bugs (more or less) included; I'll post it here also.

- Lobby disbands even if 1 or 2 people are still trying to be "found" (This is annoying, since the game will just regroup everyone together again). The worst I've seen was the repeated regrouping of the same people, which happened 3 times. 1 or 2 people would be swapped with other players, which could've gotten a match going in a previous lobby.

- Armor sets have separate animations on the killed player as compared to the body when performing "Brutal Kills". The sleeves of the armor set will be up in the air, while the model's actual arms are lower and protruding out of the sleeves. Sometimes the upper armor DOES disappear, which I am not sure is supposed to happen or not (arm/leg/ armor also disappears SOMETIMES, along with the helmet on certain "Brutal Kill" animations).

DESERT OF LOST SOULS: The ledge on the Spike Trap (middle of the map, to the LEFT of the Health Vent) is glitched. When hanging off of it, players can only press "Triangle" to pull themselves up,  resulting in a power hit. "X" should be the button to pull yourself up. I've seen many players die because of this.

- Homerun Hammer (world weapon Hammer) can be spammed on an enemy player that is against a wall, and there is nothing they can do about it; resulting in death and cheapness. I guess this is more of a balance issue.

- As you mentioned, relics/items/magic continuously display a " ! " (exclamation mark) even when they've been looked at and cannot be upgraded due to character level/other scenarios.

- While in the "Champion" section, sometimes the currently equipped weapon will be placed on the characters back, which displays weird graphical bugs. The sword/hammer will shortly disappear afterwards.

- While fighting 2 enemies (even more, this is just an example), proceed to hit one enemy in the air while the other is on the ground. The "Grapple" notification will appear on the airborne player, but when pressing "R1" to grab the opponent, the chain will usually fly towards to grounded opponent. This results in lost opportunities and stuns, since you will be punished for attempting a "Grapple" on the grounded opponent. Make the game recognize the airborne opponent. Again, this isn't really a glitch, just a suggestion/logical fix.

- DESERT OF LOST SOULS: Within the bottom portion of the map, there are 4 ways to get to the upper portion.. The green chain grab, blue portal, and the 2 buildings on opposite ends which can be climbed. These 2 buildings NEED ATTENTION. They are a safe zone, especially when in the middle area of the wall. If an opponent is on the wall, they CANNOT be hit. Climbing the wall with them and then "hitting them" results in you falling, as well as the enemy, which is not very logical since the enemy is usually ABOVE you and had the head start. This is a very serious problem, as I've experienced Flag bearing players (Capture the Flag) waiting on these buildings and not moving until their Team's Flag has returned.  Allow players to punch/kick in the Up, Down, Right and Left directions so that this does not happen. This should result in the enemy falling to the ground. Too often, players will rapidly sprint to these walls. In the early process of climbing, maybe allow players to also "Grapple" (R1) enemies to prevent them from cowardly gaining invincibility while clinging onto these walls.

As for a side note, a Damage Inflicted system should be implemented. Damage done on enemies should be put towards your score, and even more points if you also get the kill. This will help the frustration with stolen kills, because most of the points went to 'you' and very little points went towards the disrespectful teammate who got the ONE death dealing blow. This also helps the usefulness of distractions. When fighting 2 or more enemies, the lone player gains NO score even if they completely drained both of their health. This needs to be thought through.
     This type of score system has been mentioned by a few people on this Forum, and it is a brillant idea for God of War: Ascensions MP. If points are being rapidly accumulated due to this new Damage Inflicted score system, then it will result in VERY short matches. This can be solved by raising the Score Goal. Testing is obviously needed if this were to be to be added, so that lengthy or short matches can be avoided.

By the way, the Beta reward is very thoughtful. 
Thank you!

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 92 (319 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Gotta admit, lovin this new game :-) liked god of wars fighting and like the openness of mw3, now they are combined :-) will definitely be getting the whole game when it comes out :-)

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 92 (291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

brilliant beta so far and loving the multiplayer (which surprised me alot - as didnt expect much from this).

i never do any preorders for games, but this might have to be the first one!

keep up the good work tank and dev team! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 92 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I agree with the points system giving you points when "half" kills.

I've been in a situation of Me v. 2 or 3 and managed to drain most of my enemies life bar and then another guy comes and kills them. I get nothing from them and it's very frustrating.

Also, 300 points for a kill is ok, but I think 800 for a brutal kill is kind of high.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 92 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Everyone suggesting this type of system has the right idea. I'm glad people are agreeing with this :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 92 (272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

First time on so im still trying to figure out the forums so ill apologize if this has already been posted...

i would suggest a combat log of sorts indicating how much damage as been recieved/dealt or blocked and by whom.  I think it would give us a better understanding of what armor/weapons are working with our build and which arent when equipting our toon and engageing our oppenants.  i personally would like to know wither my attacks are landing and for how much dmg and wither i need more physical resist or elemntal and who i do more dmg on and who i am not.. Could help with balancing.

Another suggestion is  harmony relics and when its in effect, aside from me using the relic and knowing when it will be on when we capture a flag or get total domination if i dont have it equiped i dont know if someone else does when it gets activated.. perhaps something indicating on the screen saying so and so has activated harmony ..

Maybe also some timers on the left hand side indicating what buffs are on and for how long and also when your power attks will be ready for use again..

Maybe also % numbers on the health and magic bar.. preferrbly magic bar... so we can see how far we are away from 50%..

If there are ways of identifying the above that i may have miss ingame please let me know..

though aside from unlocking relics as u level up what other benefit is there for your toon to continue?

what if at every level or 5 levels or even 10 levels.. there is a stat increase or perhaps you unlock the abilities of another god.. and thier is multiclassing thats another can of worms in itself..

overall  the game rocks and in all honesty it is fine without the above i think.. but i would hate to have to create multiple characters to unlock everything vice playing one toon and unlocking everything with him...

Btw the way is thier a running leaderboard anywhere?  Thanks ..

Long Live the God Of War..

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 92 (266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 16, 2013

First time posting on the forum....the game is great!  Very nice.  I'm hoping there will be more to do when the game gets launched, as I'm tired of Desert and arena fighting at this point.  In this context....what we're able to play with in the arena and with the cyclops.... when the spikes come up in the dessert...spikes that are as tall as you, if they're all ready up and you roll (they're really too high for you to touch the points if they're already up and you didn't jump onto them)....you get stabbed.... I don't know if that is intentional.

I'm assuming that a little booklet will be included with the game that tells you how to play the flag game...unless you want people to figure it out as they go. 

This one guy in the desert blah blah blah kept jumping over my head and would just start swinging his sword and I couldn't get to him.  I tried the grapple hook but it didn't grab him.  Maybe I was supposed to ONLY parry?  I don't know.  I couldn't hit him while he was up there either and it was very disconcerting.

With what we have access in as far as beta goes, I really don't understand the elemental resistance and strength...  Pretty much whoever you're up against is just going to pound you to bits with physical assaults, which are superior.  Maybe that works out better if you're really doing like teamwork maybe.

So far, it seems that it's all about physical defense and attack power.  I don't really see the elemental stuff coming into play enough right now.  I played a zeus character up to lvl 15 ............WHICH REMINDS ME:  That Zeus electricity power where you die and leave behind an electrical explosion is POINTLESS!  Not a single person who killed me was EVER next to me when it went off and took NO DAMAGE.  It's a total waste of a power.  I don't know if you guys did that on purpose.... it does look dramatic when you die like that though.

ANYWAY all suited up in Zeus gear with the armor and weapon.  It's ranged attacks, but they're not ranged enough so that when you get in close you're toast.  The best implementation I've seen of that setup is when someone is on like a higher surface in the desert game.....if there's an obstacle and you're having trouble getting to them, they can blast you pretty good with the lightning powers sometimes.

Those HADES looking chains you get in the arena as  drop are FANTASTIC!  I loved using them.... I felt like I was playing Kratos again!  VERY NICE! 

I'm playing an Ares character who's level 10 I think... and I've been kicking butt the last two times I played in the arena... and all of a sudden he looks like he's GLOWING in the lobby.  Is that done on purpose?  Is it because I beat the snot out of everyone? 

I thought I would try playing Zeus to start, but unless there's better team work.... ie:  Not in what we have access to in the beta, I can't see the pont.  Doesn't do enough damage and doesn't have enough defense to be effective....got hit out of spinning that hammer on the block triangle strike too many times.....and the area lightning effect one that's a magic spell is only good if you sneak up on someone..preferably two people fighting each other and you let it loose.....then it's nice.  Zeus's powers seem more subterfuge than ranged to me.  I'm just saying.

LAST NIGHT when I played I was in the middle of fighting in the desert and my Playstation FROZE.  I don't know if it was because of a glitch on my side or on yours, but I just thought I'd throw that out there... never happened before... and of course I don't think I got any xp from the game that I was in as a result... (and I was kicking butt as usual)

I probably won't post anything else on the forum which is why I wrote so much here.  With a lvl 10 Ares and lvl 15 Zeus character I'm pretty much done playing as far as I know... unless there's anything else you need.

The game looks great.  It's a great testament to the God of War line.  I really appreciate the work you guys have put into it.  Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 92 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 16, 2013

One thing I have noticed, and this isn't a bug report and whatnot, but I've noticed a lot of people, especially today spamming the hell out of just the specials.  Nothing more.  Getting you down then spamming them so that you can't get back up to defend yourself, since if I'm not mistaken, you can't block specials and the Escape is only available once in a while.  It would just be great if more people used a variety of attacks instead of relying on only one or two.  Game is awesome btw, just minor annoyances, though I guess that comes with the multiplayer territory.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 92 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I've noticed the glowing character also! It's quite funny, my character got really bright, I can barely see skin color. Also, I agree with the special spamming since a day ago. What's with that? 95% of the specials being spammed are Zeus' ariel storm. Frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 92 (215 Views)
0 Likes