Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Re: Update From the Dev Team Front-lines - All Read

Jan 17, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

Are there any plans for the final game or beta to include combat variables like damage, (data code) that are used within the multiplayer portion of the game to be included and transparent within the combat training area? Currently the dummy doesn't behave like players do, ie a halo doesn't appear on the dummy when trying to perform juggle combos.

Example in MP you can x, triangle, square 2x, then R1.

In training you can't.....

We don't know yet, but I noticed that too.

Also, hello again. 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 81 of 92 (503 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Love the game guys!!! Gameplay is really smooth and responsive. I like the whole idea and story that goes behind the multiplayer. The armor and weapons are really cool, although a few more options for weapons and armor would be **bleep**. (I have a feeling that they will be availible for full game.) The only problems that I have for my entire experience so far is ; 1) the wait time for matchmaking is really long. Im not sure if this is because of limited players during the beta or what, and 2) during several 4 on 4 games I had difficulty posting the opponents flag in my teams flaghole. It was not only difficulty but it was down right impossible. In each case, I had to let myself die and then recapture the opponent flag and try it again. This happened about 4 or 5 times. Other than those 2 minor qualms I really enjoyed the multiplayer. I am totally looking forward to the entire game and of course I plan on buying a freshy copy during release week. Keep coming out with the great games cause I klove playing them!

Spoiler

Message 82 of 92 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Been playing for about a week now. The praises and grievances I have for this game have most likely been already voiced so ill just mention a few things. 

1. I hope that in the final version there are penalties for just up and quitting a game. Granted we've all had the occasion were we've all been randomly logged off but I've had to many games as of late where people just up and quit (I'm assume the realize because they have a low chance at einning). 

2. This might be me but I'm starting to notice real apparent inconsistencies in the reach of the chain grab. 

3. It's been voiced in many threads buy just want to cosign on 1v1 being an option. Plus the option to turn on and off chests and world weapons in FoTG. 

4. Not sure if it's a glitch but I've respawned right as arrows are coming down and had them kill me on multiple occasion. Maybe introduce spawn invincibility for a few seconds? 

More will probably come to me later but let me just say the MP is awesome. 

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 83 of 92 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 19, 2013

DaBeast151 wrote:

Been playing for about a week now. The praises and grievances I have for this game have most likely been already voiced so ill just mention a few things. 

1. I hope that in the final version there are penalties for just up and quitting a game. Granted we've all had the occasion were we've all been randomly logged off but I've had to many games as of late where people just up and quit (I'm assume the realize because they have a low chance at einning). 

2. This might be me but I'm starting to notice real apparent inconsistencies in the reach of the chain grab. 

3. It's been voiced in many threads buy just want to cosign on 1v1 being an option. Plus the option to turn on and off chests and world weapons in FoTG. 

4. Not sure if it's a glitch but I've respawned right as arrows are coming down and had them kill me on multiple occasion. Maybe introduce spawn invincibility for a few seconds? 

I'm noticing the chain grab reach also. The chain doesn't even reach the guy, yet I grab them...
Also, in Desert of Lost Souls, there's a weird camera bug when hopping from the upper left Spike Trap lever, to the Spike Trap itself (left of the Health Vent). The camera will very suddenly switch to another camera, usually causing some players to fall to their death below. 

Message 84 of 92 (392 Views)
Survivor
2273 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Yeah the camera is weird on the upper tier when jumping to the other platforms from the left spike trap switch to the health springs stretch. I've died numerous times or have been stun-locked by an enemy and fall to my death.

Message 85 of 92 (381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 20, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

DaBeast151 wrote:

I'm noticing the chain grab reach also. The chain doesn't even reach the guy, yet I grab them...
Also, in Desert of Lost Souls, there's a weird camera bug when hopping from the upper left Spike Trap lever, to the Spike Trap itself (left of the Health Vent). The camera will very suddenly switch to another camera, usually causing some players to fall to their death below. 

@DaBeast151

Re:1 - I whole heartedly agreed, also, maybe a jump in and play system, if a match is going on without a full set of players/uneven teams player using quick match can join

Re:3 - Agreed

Re:4 - I personally don't like the idea of spawn invincibily in what can be such fast paced battle, I do like maybe the inability to respawn when someone is in the little cove where the lever is, same as the inability to spawn as Hercules is getting ready to do his slam, it has saved me an instant death on more than one occasion

@d1v4d

I agree with your comment on the camera, what do you think about the change in which the camera only switches once you touch the platform?

Message 86 of 92 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 20, 2013

^ That'd be fine. I'd want it to gradually switch to the other camera though. I don't understand why it has to be so sudden.

Message 87 of 92 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jan 20, 2013

@DXBrea 

You might be right. I only brought up spawn invincibility to combat instantly dying when spawning on dropping arrows. 

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 88 of 92 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I:smileyhappy::smileyhappy: know what you mean i must have unintetonaly killed 5 of my teamates in one game, They werent happy with me . Also the spear should have a popup how to use it and when to grapple the titan i watched 2 guys get the spear and just kept hitting him over and over again not knowing how to kill him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 89 of 92 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 22, 2013

The game was great! Only found hitpoints too small. 4 or 5 hits you kill your opponent! I did not feel challenged! Until a minotaur, Kratos kills it in droves, are more resistant!

Message 90 of 92 (228 Views)
0 Likes