Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2013
By: Just--Tank Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist 411 posts

Update From the Dev Team Front-lines - All Read

91 replies 2355 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

Hey everyone,

First, a huge welcome once again to all of the new PlayStation Plus users joining the Beta here. If you're not already, you will become a Champion of Olympus in the end.

WHAT ARE WE DOING RIGHT NOW?

• We are marching towards completing the final game and reading every single word of feedback here. Please keep it coming, and please be respectful of all newcomers. We understand some feedback is repetitive, but it's important for us to see it from a huge group of new players, it validates your earlier opinions.

• We are performing some network tests and looking to turn Capture The Flag back on shortly. Thank you for your patience.

• We are assessing various balance changes that we are considering a "hot-fix" for. At this point in time we will not be deploying any further large Beta patches, but will be looking to do hot-fix updates on specific balance issues where we can. Please be forewarned, we are focusing on the final game and taking all feedback here, and applying it to the final game. Do not stop!

• We will not be testing our Party Mode in the Beta, in other words, you will be able to team up with friends in the final game, but not in the Beta. We would love to have tested it during the Beta, but have full confidence it will be ready for the final game, and great at that.

First Time & Intermediate Players! - GO HERE

We have a created a handy Basic Strategy Guide with a ton of tips you will not learn in the Beta tutorial, be sure to check this out. We are improving the tutorial for the final game with many things you will find here:

http://www.godofwar.com/en-us/strategy/basic/

Ares & Zeus Strategy Tips

Whether you have pledged your allegiance to the God of War or the King of the Gods, check out each of their respective profiles for more combat tips from us, and a bunch of other bad-**bleep**-ness

http://www.godofwar.com/en-us/gods/

That's a wrap for now, we are all over the boards - reading, listening, replying where possible. Keep the feedback coming, our team sincerely appreciates every opinion.

@Just_Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 92 (2,355 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Re: Update From the Dev Team Front-lines - All Read

Jan 11, 2013

Thanks again Santa Monica! The new warriors are impressive, and the fixes are wonderful. Only complaints are that it still takes a while to find a game, and the removal of the kill updates on the bottom left is upsetting, always glorious to see who vanquished who! It also used to show if you got the assist, but I'm sure it will be present on the final game.

Get your Portable ID!
I am what the gods have made me!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 92 (2,335 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

The Zeus strategy page says he has relics that protect traps and prevent opponents from disabling them. I wonder what that means, exactly. I guess they're for the full game.

Edit: I agree, DeathDealer. I like to keep an eye on when my distant teammates are killed.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 92 (2,333 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 11, 2013
In reference to
•We will not be testing our Party Mode in the Beta, in other words, you will be able to team up with friends in the final game, but not in the Beta. We would love to have tested it during the Beta, but have full confidence it will be ready for the final game, and great at that.

Well thought I'd help give feedback on this game since I paid for the PS+ just to play it.... but I post a concern and the mod/admin answer is posted in a new thread an hour later and not answered in the thread I created. Since they are having issues with matches starting with just individuals I don't see that getting into matches quickly and effectively without a mass test will go over smoothly.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 92 (2,314 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 11, 2013

There are 2 hammers and 2 swords listed under the weapons in the guide, and there are 4 blank slots. 2 more weapon types confirmed, and I'm pretty sure one is the spear

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 92 (2,303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

nice details

couple of regards:

swords info is wrong for zeus, you have the lv 5 one as LV TBD, unless that will change in the final game.

Also for the badass moment video of ARES the guy performing the badassness is wearing full zeus amor.

So either you feel it is badass to miss a special and get knocked out of the ring... or are will be able to wear full zeus armor.

my guess is you have the videos inverted.

last comment... the video performed in badass moment zeus with cow hammer... it that possible? how the hell do you jump cancel the second hit of sqr?

++ Edit:

ok i know now how to do the combo on the... i guess i will never be able to do it in game, but is very cool never the less.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 92 (2,288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 11, 2013

new cinma kills would be cool

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 92 (2,281 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 11, 2013
very nice tips site tank. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 92 (2,274 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Hey tank, here to let you know that the website is messed up a bit.

In the description of Ares weapons it says L1 + O instead of L1 + Square.

The level requirement for the weapons is off too... maybe...seems like they're off a bit but might be right.

Same with Zeus specials, says L1 + O
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 92 (2,237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 11, 2013

hey guys im loving the multiplayer and im not a huge fan of multiplayer but i like it. a little bit of fine tuning in the gameplay but still really good overall. the time it takes for a match to get started needs improvement. also im not clear on understanding on how to use the spear of olympus maybe its just me but i think that area could use some polishing. also i need to be aware of my teammates so i could better coordinate my attacks with them.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 92 (2,138 Views)
0 Likes