Jan 19 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2333 posts

VOIP issues like Starhawk - No Connecting

3 replies 95 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

The mics cut out during gameplay just like in Starhawk which used VOIP. The mics also seem to cause connection issues since  it has been taking ages for any matches to connect while players have mics in use.

You can get a full 8 players and it will kick everyone and search for another game or randomly drop players. It just happened again while I'm typing this. There were 8 players and the match wouldn't start. Then it went down to 6, and then everyone disappeared with all Searching for Players.

I'm playing Capture the Flag right now but I couldn't connect to Team Favor of the Gods before.

Message 1 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Re: VOIP issues like Starhawk - No Connecting

Jan 19, 2013

THe matchmaking you are referring to happens even without mics. It's a weird matchmaking system that takes FOREVER too get a full game. Try backing out, then trying again. It helps. Alot.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the VOIP in this beta until a little bit ago. Before, I never had mic cut out issues. But a little while ago, I DID notice some mic cut out. It's better than most games but...not as good as KZ3 or Uncharted.

Message 2 of 4 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 19, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

THe matchmaking you are referring to happens even without mics. It's a weird matchmaking system that takes FOREVER too get a full game. Try backing out, then trying again. It helps. Alot.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the VOIP in this beta until a little bit ago. Before, I never had mic cut out issues. But a little while ago, I DID notice some mic cut out. It's better than most games but...not as good as KZ3 or Uncharted.

The best is how it struggles to find ONE player, even though there are tons waiting. Fix fix fix!

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 3 of 4 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Any time mics are in use in the lobby it just seems to take longer for a match to start. Right now there are 7 people waiting for a Team Favor of the Gods match and one person was on a mic. It just reset the entire thing again.

It's weird how when there is a room full of players and then you see no names, and then it has a full list and then starts the countdown. If anyone leaves during the countdown the match is likely to fail.

The worst part is the unbalanced teams that result. There should always only be an even number.

Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes