Highlighted
Dec 14 2012
By: BigMoneyBill Splicer 42 posts

Weapon specials descriptions.

8 replies 208 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

Each weapon has their own speacial moves. i think there should be descriptions with each weapons about their specials, because it can be hard to understand the effects. such as the L1 +triangle of the cerberus blade. does it increase damage, defense, magic, etc?

Message 1 of 9 (208 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: Weapon specials descriptions.

Dec 15, 2012

I agree, we should get an idea of what we're getting before we get it.

also, I think we should get a private practice arena (when I get a new weapon or magic, my 1st chance to use it is in real combat, and so for the first few encounters I have no idea what I'm doing)

we should be able to return to the temple at the beginning of the game freely (not only for a practice arena, but also to freely switch god alliances) - or even better yet, the temple at the beginning should be the area you customize your warrior, and when you enter the portal at the front of the temple, you enter match options

Message 2 of 9 (195 Views)
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Dec 15, 2012

i agree better descriptions with each weapon/gear/etc also the return to or even starting at temple to test on different combinations seems liek a must.

Message 3 of 9 (179 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Agree.

Like, I still dont know what the Sword of Athena's L1+Triangle does. I get all green and feel stronger, but really what does it do?
Message 4 of 9 (169 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Exactly! We need to be able to return to the temple at the beginning for practice fights. During these practice fights, we should receive a kind of walkthrough explaining what all the colors are during combat (or maybe just include that in the walkthrough at the very beginning)

Message 5 of 9 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Or we'll just have to make a list, as for answer to Athena, I THINK it makes health regen cause an enemy started regening health as soon as he did the move(he did not use item/escape either), hammer of Zeus seems to charge it with electricity then can be discharged(haven't personally used), Blade of Zeus is chargeable for 3 shockwaves. I don't know what barbarian hammer does yet

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 6 of 9 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 19, 2012
For the Cerberus Blade, L1 + Triangle makes a circles of flame that damages enemies who go into it, and if you hold L1 + Triangle 2 more circles appear that you can aim with the left stick. You can also hold L1+ Square to shoot 3 fireballs instead of 1.
As for the Blade of Athena, L1 + Triangle regens your health and the health of any teammates in the aura.
Message 7 of 9 (120 Views)
0 Likes
God of War Developer
24 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Hey guys, sorry for all the confusion about this. We're working right now on getting UI improvements in that allow full descriptions for all of the weapons, and the unique specials/properties that come with them.

Definitely appreciate your patience! On a side note, it's cool to see people discover the effects on their own and help each other out. We know it's really confusing though, hopefully they'll be online shortly!

Message 8 of 9 (95 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Thank you so much for this! I was so confused on what they all did - even after I used them.

Example: I had a suspicion that athena's blade healed, but I wasn't sure

(I didn't even know we could hold the L1 attacks until I came to this thread)

Message 9 of 9 (80 Views)
0 Likes