Sackboy
396 posts

Re: What makes a good player Great? (Whats wrong with this game in my mind)

May 14, 2013
@Czeuch: Atleast getting sand in the eyes does not bounce you. It almost sounds as if you are justifying that JumpCut is ok and it should bounce and everyone just needs to learn to play against it. The number of moves you can do against and opponent that is in the air is very limited (especially if the are Jumping+Blocking, faking the JumpCut like i wrote in the first post).

So how do you fight against a player who is jumping around you while blocking, faking a JumpCut waiting for you to parry or start an attack (maybe even a Special), after which they Cut you and start a combo?

A launcher might work (If they are just jumping), but you must be lightning fast to pull it off, JumpCut can be done VERY LATE and even if the move does not go its full cource, you still bounce if you get hit (great game design! **bleep** half-hits..). Gladiator Sword L1+Triange is one of the only heavy attacks that can hit an airborne opponent, but if they hit you before you spin, you're as good as bounced (get it?!).
Message 101 of 109 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

May 28, 2013
Bump.... After the ATROCITY that was the last patch, this thing needs one.
Message 102 of 109 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

May 28, 2013
Awareness. That's one of the things that makes a good player.

I was playing MoC on Forums of Hercules. I went for the trap the sets the arrows coming down. Everyone knows if you stay in that area too long you'll die when the spikes come back up. Before I could get out an Ares player ran up to me an put up the fire wall, trapping me in the area to die as the spikes came up.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I put my controller down and applauded the guy. It's guys like that I have fun playing.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 103 of 109 (444 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

May 28, 2013

DaBeast151 wrote:
Awareness. That's one of the things that makes a good player.

I was playing MoC on Forums of Hercules. I went for the trap the sets the arrows coming down. Everyone knows if you stay in that area too long you'll die when the spikes come back up. Before I could get out an Ares player ran up to me an put up the fire wall, trapping me in the area to die as the spikes came up.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I put my controller down and applauded the guy. It's guys like that I have fun playing.

Yep, don't forget the hammer bounce into the spike trap in DLoS in middle altar (cause the angle to bounce is actually hard to get). You made me remember why I liked playing my Ares Elemental......most people don't play tactically >_>

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 104 of 109 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

^I love utilizing the spike trap like that whenever possible. A great player should be savvy enough to see the set up and jump down before they're hit.

Just want to say I agree with the OP 100%. I use a sword but I do not condone the use of jump slice to gain the advantage in a fight. And I think the Peter Cottontails that do nothing but jump the entire time, not only look retarded doing it, but lack the tactical intellect to be a truly great player. So many people that claim to be good would have their entire strategy ruined if they could not jump and attack as easily as they do now (i.e. they would suck). I try to gain an advantage the old fashioned way: parrying, counter attacking and quick reflexes. I'm well aware this puts me at a disadvantage to all the Peter Cottontails out there but I really don't care. It feels "right" to me and the personal gratification I get for killing a Peter Cottontail is all the sweeter. I think a great player should be adaptable enough to find the best way to counter a new opponent, analytical enough to know where they are most needed at any given time, and play for the benefit of the team (for team modes). I don't always follow my own standards 100% of the time (nor do I consider myself a great player) but I do make a conscious effort to do my best and adhere to them.

Message 105 of 109 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

May 28, 2013
Poseidon with the maul of Poseidon will shut that jump slice crap down fast. The whirlwind will pull the in and through them back out
Message 106 of 109 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jul 14, 2013

I like this man.But nowdays,people are so acustomed and used to people being aggresive that they think they can just jumpslice and win.Turns out that dosnt work too well on when im there.Ive seen so many jumpslicers ever since launch that i know exactly what to do,even against the better players.parry,watch them relic,parry if they try again.and laugh in their facee with a hammer or a spear

Message 107 of 109 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: What makes a good player Great?

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

im also new to these forums,so nobody can see who i reply too..:smileysad:

Message 108 of 109 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jul 14, 2013

if you actually manage to counterattack them,and counterattack them with a killer combo of your own that is not a sword,youu are almost garuanteed  aragequit after doing it twice if they dont improvise.taunting works wonders as well,and the ragemail,dont forget the ragemail.Its  DELICIOUS!Not only does it make you feel like an absolute boss for making him lose his single 'good'tactic,with a counter of your own,and make him ragequit,you can even cut the odds in your team's favour if he was their'best'player

Message 109 of 109 (73 Views)
0 Likes