Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Re: What makes a good player Great?

Apr 29, 2013
I've been using SoD a lot, and it's very powerful indeed. The L1 + [] has a very short cd... It can easily ringout as well...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 21 of 109 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Message 22 of 109 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11741 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

^thx fiery lol i mentioned u on the "name best player ..." thread :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 109 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I was excited for a thread with a good question and discussion...  I will answer the threads title and not the post.

What makes a good player great?  A good player is one who knows the game inside and out, know the maps like the back of their hand, the weapons/gear and their uses, always does "well" in a match and supports their team.  On top of that...

Great players share their knowledge in a positve mannor.  They teach the new guy, they don't obliterate others just becasue they can, they reach down and pull others up to their level of skill and play.  They help infulence the game and it's community in a constructive manner. I could go on, but basically to me "great players" are simply good players who care.  Not that care bear kind of care.  The kind of care the prmotoews more play, events, and community.  That's a "Great player." :smileyhappy:

Message 24 of 109 (291 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Apr 29, 2013
I agree 100% at the OP

invincible mode is bad too,because it´s actually not saving anymore it acts as opening to enemy and very easy take advantage off it. As goes for all I-frames,there´s just too much off them.

I favor actual heavy attack on triangle and vote for it too if nessessary.

Great post and darn good point.

Message 25 of 109 (278 Views)
Sackboy
396 posts

Re: What makes a good player Great? (Whats wrong with this game in my mind)

Apr 29, 2013

@Thelesman You pretty much said exactly what i already wrote. But yeah i agree with pretty much everything you say. Also, thanks for agreeing with me. Also on a side note, i have seen about 4 of your matches, my brother plays and i watched him face you a couple of times.

@Poseidon4ever Funny thing about not being able to win with anything but a sword (delsol)!

@FieryCaptain Thanks for linking that, no need to make this a vote post ("thanks" a lot Exless91). If the DEVS have not read that thread yet and learned anything, then all hope is lost.

I have played around with every weapon in this game but nothing comes even close to being as easy to use with normal + special attacks as the Sword, so fast, so versatile and so cheap and hard to counter. This game has devolved into a mess of jumping and bouncing and grappling and comboing, and i do not like it at all.

Playing against new players is actually tons more fun as they do not know how to do all the ridiculous moves and combos that take away all the fun, and condense the combat into acts of frustration that lead to "Select+Quit Game". 

Spear fights are actually some of the more tactical in this game, and there have been quite a few good matchups i have fought and watched with back and forth action that actually resembles an ACTUAL FIGHT with blocking and moving and very little jumping involved. Now that the Spear of Destiny was fixed it has probably become the Spear users go-to weapon, the cooldowns on that weapon are next to non-existent (especially on Hades with CD% gear) and do ridiculous damage, it is like a Sword in disguise.

Message 26 of 109 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2797 posts

Apr 29, 2013

alghazanth that means ur european what's ur brother's name ? 

Message 27 of 109 (234 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

Apr 29, 2013
"What makes a good player Great?"
He doesn't whine!
Message 28 of 109 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 29, 2013
@GOW71 A different kind of answer, but good nonetheless.

@Crimson_SWE I was expecting your "answer" sooner or later, and it is as pointless as the boy himself. Thanks for your reply, your contribution to this thread is invaluable (it's worth about bump).

@Thelesman Mika
Message 29 of 109 (205 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Funny you mention that Crimson, I remember you flaming on my first try out for making a YT vid with my camera, how about: what makes a good player great? he doesn't act childish.
Message 30 of 109 (196 Views)
0 Likes