Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: Where are my Woman Warriors?

Jan 24, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

VanillaBeast wrote:

gaul51xx (soon to be dead man) said:

Women fighting in the Arena. Women doing brutal kills. A women grabbing a mans head and slamming his body to the ground, then crushing his face. **bleep** lets get real. I have a friend who is a girl and has beat every god of war. She also agrees that women carring huge weapons and burtally fighting to the death in the Arena (Against Men) is silly. This is not TERA, its God Of War.  The game will meet its end when women are added. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Rachel, get him!  Go get em girl!

I respect his right to his opinon. He just doesn't like the idea and that is his right. No silly justifications just thinks it is silly. I have an issue with it will end the game if they add women champions comment .  I just really think customization needs to happen.

Amen.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 31 of 58 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 24, 2013

gaul51xx wrote:

lol calm down ladies I am just stating my opinion. But hey you are right, I bet the girls in the army are badass. Lol Im just a D1 football player not a soldier. Im just a mindless brute who is sexist lol. Just as I find it impossible for women to hit a running back as hard as I can, I also find it impossible for women to enter the arena with men (Gladiators) and win. 

This is why we call it fantasy.  Smiley Tongue

Who knows what a woman could have done against a gladiator, though.  Brute strength doesn't always win.  Pretty hard to move in all that heavy armor.  There is evidence of female gladiators, btw.

http://ejmas.com/jcs/jcsart_murray_0703.htm

Message 32 of 58 (181 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Dreissea wrote:

gaul51xx wrote:

lol calm down ladies I am just stating my opinion. But hey you are right, I bet the girls in the army are badass. Lol Im just a D1 football player not a soldier. Im just a mindless brute who is sexist lol. Just as I find it impossible for women to hit a running back as hard as I can, I also find it impossible for women to enter the arena with men (Gladiators) and win. 

Who knows what a woman could have done against a gladiator, though.  Brute strength doesn't always win.  Pretty hard to move in all that heavy armor.  There is evidence of female gladiators, btw.

I have to side with Dreissea, though gaul51xx does bring good points as well. However like Dreissea said this is fantasy and anything is possible, physics doesn't always have to apply xD, personally IM all for the whole female characters, it gives more tension between the players because when the guys fights a girl he has to prove that the male race is superior in strength so they must win, where on the other hand when the girl faces the guy they have to prove that their race isn't as weak as everyone sees them to be. Also i wouldnt mind the femals armour to be more revealing just as the guys are (its only fair Smiley Tongue)

elite-predator26-okia photo EP-okia_zpsc5dc3e5a.jpg
Message 33 of 58 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

elite-predator26 wrote:

Dreissea wrote:

gaul51xx wrote:

I have to side with Dreissea, though gaul51xx does bring good points as well. However like Dreissea said this is fantasy and anything is possible, physics doesn't always have to apply xD, personally IM all for the whole female characters, it gives more tension between the players because when the guys fights a girl he has to prove that the male race is superior in strength so they must win, where on the other hand when the girl faces the guy they have to prove that their race isn't as weak as everyone sees them to be. Also i wouldnt mind the femals armour to be more revealing just as the guys are (its only fair Smiley Tongue)

By all means, if it pleases the developers, make the outfits skimpy.  God of War has always been geared towards men, and I don't care if I fight as a mostly naked woman.  Isn't my skin that's being flashed to the masses.  If it takes some fan service to get some female models into the arena, then by all mean, bring on the fan service!

Message 34 of 58 (172 Views)
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I'm admiring the "passion" for our female warriors! *wink wink* Smiley Happy

But, hey here's an idea. I think it's safe to say female warriors won't be included at launch. But if they do decide to add them later, I would hope that it wouldn't be just a female skin but a true female warrior.

1. SSM has stated that there will be a 3rd weapon class, probably a spear. So, the champions as of now would be wielding a sword, spear or trident, and a hammer of choice. I like the serious tone of the MP and think a female character wielding a hammer would seem sort of odd.

2. Female warriors could have a specialized weapons class. The male champs could use swords, spears or tridents, and hammers. While female champs could use swords, spears or tridents, and chain blades (not like those of Kratos, but like those on "whathername" is Soul Caliber"). I think that would be cool, unique, and attractive to players.

3. Also, we know they'll have to have an entirely new armor build which is also great.

4. As for the "masculenity" of throwing opponents, that can be easily solved from a creative standpoint. The female warriors grapple could look and work the same. The brutal kills could work similar.

The sword brutal kill could easily be done by a female warrior.

The hook brutal kill could easily be done by a female warrior.

Then with them having their own class of weapon, the chain blade, they would get an entirely new brutal kill animation specific for that weapon just like hammers would be for male warriors.

4. Magics, relics, items and stuff can stay the same. But, I could definitely see this female class of warriors working. It'd be one heck of an update though. Lol!

P.S.

5. If there's some sort co-op mode (hopefully), female warriors animations can be different when taking on enemies. Like I said, I can see it definitely working, but the work would be cut out for those animators.

6. The brutal killing of these female warriors would just have to be accepted. Nudity and all...since the armor tends to "explode" off of warriors when they're being brutally killed. But no, and I mean NO default nude female warriors. The "Internets" would have a "field day" with it and not in a positive manner. Default female warriors can have some type of light armor on.

But like I said, this would be one helluva update! And I'm also in favor of having different ethnicities to choose from. Cheers! Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 58 (166 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Dreissea wrote:

elite-predator26 wrote:

Dreissea wrote:

gaul51xx wrote:

By all means, if it pleases the developers, make the outfits skimpy.  God of War has always been geared towards men, and I don't care if I fight as a mostly naked woman.  Isn't my skin that's being flashed to the masses.  If it takes some fan service to get some female models into the arena, then by all mean, bring on the fan service!

See now THAT'S a fan I love to see on the forum xD Smiley Happy God of war was all about men and power yes, but when they showed the females they were always topless or REALLY close to it, and skimpy. So if they put them in the multilayer why should they be any different, IMO id love to see women running in skimpy armor fighting men. If you think about it the armor for the men would by skimpy in the females' eyes as well how they show most of their body and what not, so why make it different for the opposite sex. How I look at it is, if you are gonna show skin for one show skin for all Smiley Wink (plus it would make me and my friends, and IM pretty sure all the other men/guys play the game much much more)

Message 36 of 58 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 24, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:
I'm admiring the "passion" for our female warriors! *wink wink* Smiley Happy

But, hey here's an idea. I think it's safe to say female warriors won't be included at launch. But if they do decide to add them later, I would hope that it wouldn't be just a female skin but a true female warrior.

1. SSM has stated that there will be a 3rd weapon class, probably a spear. So, the champions as of now would be wielding a sword, spear or trident, and a hammer of choice. I like the serious tone of the MP and think a female character wielding a hammer would seem sort of odd.

2. Female warriors could have a specialized weapons class. The male champs could use swords, spears or tridents, and hammers. While female champs could use swords, spears or tridents, and chain blades (not like those of Kratos, but like those on "whathername" is Soul Caliber"). I think that would be cool, unique, and attractive to players.

3. Also, we know they'll have to have an entirely new armor build which is also great.

4. As for the "masculenity" of throwing opponents, that can be easily solved from a creative standpoint. The female warriors grapple could look and work the same. The brutal kills could work similar.

The sword brutal kill could easily be done by a female warrior.

The hook brutal kill could easily be done by a female warrior.

Then with them having their own class of weapon, the chain blade, they would get an entirely new brutal kill animation specific for that weapon just like hammers would be for male warriors.

4. Magics, relics, items and stuff can stay the same. But, I could definitely see this female class of warriors working. It'd be one heck of an update though. Lol!

P.S.

5. If there's some sort co-op mode (hopefully), female warriors animations can be different when taking on enemies. Like I said, I can see it definitely working, but the work would be cut out for those animators.

6. The brutal killing of these female warriors would just have to be accepted. Nudity and all...since the armor tends to "explode" off of warriors when they're being brutally killed. But no, and I mean NO default nude female warriors. The "Internets" would have a "field day" with it and not in a positive manner. Default female warriors can have some type of light armor on.

But like I said, this would be one helluva update! And I'm also in favor of having different ethnicities to choose from. Cheers! Smiley Happy

I think daggers are more apporpriate for a female class.

Message 37 of 58 (155 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

I think as they lose health, they lose armor. Now that's appropriate for a female class

Message 38 of 58 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

elite-predator26 wrote:

I think as they lose health, they lose armor. Now that's appropriate for a female class

Original Oh You![5].jpg

Message 39 of 58 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 24, 2013
@d1v4d

Daggers could work very well. But I think if female warriors are implemented, they need to be unique and not just a female skin added onto the already existing male warrior.
Message 40 of 58 (142 Views)