Sackboy
396 posts

Re: Why are level 25 lances and swords so bad?

Mar 30, 2013

I find it really questionable that you can block a stream of fire (ice) with your weapons and also other projectiles, it makes those Lances even more redundant than they already are, played with them all and i cant decide which is the worst.  I guess they are meant as a support weapon but you would support your team better if you use any weapon besides the Lances. You don't even know how much stat bonuses the auras gives, which is stupid.

The Zeus lance L1+Triangle attack is one of the most horrible moves in the game, don't know if there is anything that does less damage than that, even a basic square attack does more dmg and hits more reliably. You cant even steer the stream of lightning like you can with Spear of Poseidon.

To sum it up, pretty much half of the level 25+ gear is just BAD and i won't use them. It does not help at all that the when you level them up, they don't do what they are supposed to do. Some weapons have added "Chargeable" to the description, well they don't work.

Message 21 of 35 (1,497 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Mar 30, 2013

There is inconsistency and basic wrong descriptions with a lot of the weapons. As for armor, 80% of it is useless unless you have nothing and are just starting out. It become obsolete within 5 levels or so anyway.

It's just there to take up space and provide little benefit. An rpg handles armor better, because even on an upgrade you won't gain 1 point in every stat listed for it. I noticed this on one of the Poseidon armors that gives you a +1 to cooldown and nothing else on rank 3. That is pathetic.

There is next to no armor for elemental defense (Medusa only, or Athenas minimal 8 and 8), Manticore is purely physical defense, and the rest is all over the place.

I just think more though should have gone into better design for the armors and overall usefulness.

Message 22 of 35 (1,484 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Mar 30, 2013

carnifex49 wrote:
Actually yeah, the heal on Poseidon lance is AMAZING.

It might help other people but it doesn't seem to heal the user of it at all. It is solely for teammates.

Message 23 of 35 (1,483 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Mar 30, 2013

^ Yeah it's only for teammates. Kinda dissapointing.

Message 24 of 35 (1,478 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Mar 30, 2013

carnifex49 wrote:
Actually yeah, the heal on Poseidon lance is AMAZING.

so is it better than Athena's Sword? 

Message 25 of 35 (1,464 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Ok.. Wow-- I can't speak for the MAUL of poseidon-- or any other gods-- but I am level 30 poseidon-- have been for a while now.. and THE ONLY THING wrong with the lance is that it DOES NOT HEAL OR regen mana like it is supposed to in Trial of the Gods-- which is really terrible--  However.. I don't think I have lost a Team favor of the Gods or a Capture the flag since I maxed it out-- The amount of Magic and Healing that this thing gives your teamates is absolutely ridiculous-- Also it's cool down for specials is VERY slow.  By far it is not even close to being a high dmg weapon but wow-- It is for Team support guys-- I can walk into a romp of 3 v 3 and heal my team with a slam-- If i land it right... oh god--- Game over.. sorry-- This weapon is FINE... I just wish it would work in Team favor of the Gods-- Not to mention the l1 + Square move also shields your teamates WHILE it knocks back/slows the enemy.  This weapon is so underrated its not even funny (in my opinion).  If you don't want to be team support then don't use this weapon!

Now-- About the Blade--- It regenerates so much magic.. and the L1 + Triangle is so **bleep** strong if you have 2 blue orbs around you that it isn't even funny-- This is one of poseidons best dmg weapons--- just dress for elemental dmg when using this.  The best dmg weapon poseidon has however is *in my opinion* The SPEAR of Poseidon-- it is awsome.  

But if you are wanting a magic spec-- there is no other weapon to use other than the Blade.  Period.  Since l1+ triangle knocks the enemy up-- use the relic that gives you magic on grabs--- You wont ever have to run over a blue fountain for magic again!.

BTW this wasn't meant to offend anyone-- this is just my opinion as I have won several 8 player FFA, 4 player FFA and almost every team favor/ CTF since I have been using the Lance-- It is my favorite weapon so far.  (all of this is just my experience and my opinion)  

I am really **bleep** that the lance doesnt work in trial of the gods though...... the L1 + Triangle is just a freeze/knock up it doesn't heal or give mana to your partner like it does in all other modes!  **bleep**?

Message 26 of 35 (1,453 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Oh and yes-- it heals about 4x as much as the blade of athena and the radius is much better-- You do have to land the circle on or near who you are wanting to heal though-- It seems much wider ranged at level 3 honestly

Message 27 of 35 (1,429 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Sorry for the multiple posts-- No, neither of poseidons healing weapons.. (the war hammer and the lance) will actually heal you- yourself.  It only helps your teamates out-- You have to use other meens to stay alive (parry alot with the health + cooldown relic)  Healing magic or item to keep yourself up-- it would honestly be Overpowered if you could slam it every 10 seconds and heal yourself-- you would never die......  esp with the defense that poseidons armor has-- 

Message 28 of 35 (1,270 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Mar 31, 2013

I'll give Blade another go at it, I need something to keep me occupied Smiley Tongue

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 29 of 35 (703 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Mar 31, 2013
The Athena heal nd the Poseidon Lance heal both have their niches. I prefer the Poseidon heal because it's instant, which can be really handy considering the burst damage in this game.
Message 30 of 35 (564 Views)
0 Likes