Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 19 2012
By: tankopher First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

Will we keep our upgrades when the game is released?

11 replies 155 views Edited Dec 19, 2012
I've only been playing a couple hours and I'm up to level 11. The Multi-player is fun but so repetitive. I'm wondering if any of our work will run over into the actual game. Also, will playing the game through once first upgrade your skills, the same skills used in the Multi-player???
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Will we keep our upgrades when the game is released?

Dec 19, 2012
I doubt anything you do here will carry over. No Beta i've ever taken part in does that anyway. Rise of the Warrior is the closest you'll come to a headstart and offers nice unlockable exclusive gear. But generally no, it'll all get deleted.
I also don't think single player will have any interaction with multiplayer outside maybe a skin or two being unlocked. Probably a good thing for folks like me who pregfer to play the multiplayer first xD
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Dec 19, 2012

no.

I know it feels like you earned a lot playing the beta, it was the same for me in killzone and LBP betas etc, but everybody should be starting fresh come march.
What they can do tho, is it would be very nice if they give us beta testers some exclusive rewards on release, that is not just cosmetic and can prove useful in the game later.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Viddik wrote:

I also don't think single player will have any interaction with multiplayer outside maybe a skin or two being unlocked. Probably a good thing for folks like me who pregfer to play the multiplayer first xD

man... I've platinumed every god of war game because I really love them that much. I would hope to see my efforts well rewarded in multiplayer.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 19, 2012

This was brought up elsewhere too.  Don't expect to keep any stats from a beta. Ever.  But sometimes the devs are awesome and toss a little something to those who helped out.

A special armor, relic, magic, avatar, weapon, or something along that line usable by only beta testers would be awesome and highly appreciated. :smileywink:  But let's not get greedy.  This is a privlidge we have to help make a game we enjoy better.  If any suggestions we have are answered I consider that reward enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (136 Views)
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Uncharted 3 beta allowed us to carry our lvl/stats to the final version
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 19, 2012

That was another developer and not common practice as far as betas go.  I also believe SMS also stated somewhere previously that we would not get to keep carry over stats.  Which I completely agree with.  It's not fair to new player buying at release to get owned by seasoned players spending time in a beta.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (130 Views)
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Ya there is a pretty distinct advantage I think after you earn your upgraded weapons/armor and definitely the magic.
I remember uncharted beta, but you could only go up to lvl 10 or so I think, so it wasnt that big of a deal.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Yeah, I wouldn't think any beta stats would carry over. More of a pipe dream for me because I have 2 kids and a full-time job its hard for me to get up to the levels some people are at. I've also Platinumed every GOW and I know I'm good and I still suck with early armors and weapons.
Hopefully, if you play the tame through first it will help with your skill level in Multi-player. :-\
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48433 posts

Dec 19, 2012

tankopher wrote:
I've only been playing a couple hours and I'm up to level 11. The Multi-player is fun but so repetitive. I'm wondering if any of our work will run over into the actual game. Also, will playing the game through once first upgrade your skills, the same skills used in the Multi-player???

I believe that we will all start over again.  I've beta tested other games SMS worked with and that is how it went with those games.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (106 Views)
0 Likes