Apr 07 2013
By: carnifex49 Hekseville Citizen 253 posts

World Weapons should be parry-able

7 replies 177 views Edited Apr 7, 2013

That way, there exists some form of counterplay (besides running away) when facing someone with a world weapon, but they still keep their "power" since they can't just be blocked.

This also means that people can't just spam O anymore since opponents can predict the hit and parry - rather world weapons should now be used intelligently like being used as part of a combo.

Thoughts?

NOTE: This doesn't apply to the Javelin since it's already blockable.

Message 1 of 8 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Re: World Weapons should be parry-able

Apr 7, 2013

^the only ones that need fixing are the hermes boots and the sword

>sword: overpowered hold circle combo that kills anybody from full health (solution: remove this move)

>hermes boots: the stomp is dispropotionately hard to escape....solution: increase the delay btwn stomps

>the rest are fine really

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 7, 2013
It takes a good amount of time to kill a player with the sword from 100 to stun leaving you open for other players attacks, so its balanced imo. If you are alone you should be runing, thats the weapon true power imo.

The boots are also ok, they ate hermes boots! They re fast by nature, maybe resucing its range is the way, but for me is ok the way it work
Message 3 of 8 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 7, 2013

sNsReal wrote:
It takes a good amount of time to kill a player with the sword from 100 to stun leaving you open for other players attacks, so its balanced imo. If you are alone you should be runing, thats the weapon true power imo.

I just said the same in another thread regarding power weapons.  Anyone trying the hold-circle combo with the sword can be interrupted.  That's where teamwork comes in (or just greed if you're playing Match of Champions).

Hermes' boots are annoying when you get caught up in it, but they can be escaped, people do it to me all the time.  Granted this is usually when lag creeps in and everything goes pear shaped, but it still happens.  The trick to escaping is to time your jumps properly.  If you're in the air at the right time, it doesn't affect you.  Then you smack the guy trying to hit you and turn the tables. 

I think making world weapons subject to parrying would just about invalidate them and it's unnecessary.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 4 of 8 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Oh yeah, teamwork. I forgot about that.

Ah the burdens of soloe que.
Message 5 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I never use the hold O combo for the sword.

Typically i save it for the throw, to get out of a sticky situation. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I just throw it at people's head, it's just funny.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 7 of 8 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 8, 2013
The only problem with the Godly weapons is probably the Hermes Boots stomp, but in it's defense it is quite easy to dodge if you know your stuff.

Most Godly weapons attacks are quite easy to dodge really, it's just knowing when are how. For example, don't jump over a player swinging the hammer, the back swing hurts just as much as the foward stroke lol.

I'm still getting used to dodging the thrown attack on hammers and swords, but once that is solved they're not as big of a threat as I originally thought.
--------------------------------------------------
"Can you stand on your head?"

photo SparklyKitten3.jpg
Message 8 of 8 (54 Views)
0 Likes