Jan 22 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2298 posts

Worst glitches ever on final night.

18 replies 224 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

I just played a game where a normal attack sent me flying across the entire screen down to the lower playing area and took all of my health. I had a shred of life left.

When I climbed back up I was killed by an Ares player with a flame attack and when I respawned I was on fire. The flames and flame icon remained on me for the entire rest of the game slowly draining my life constantly.

It never went away and any hit from an enemy basically killed me within one or two hits. The hit detection was also horrible and enemies always had priority attacks even when I started my attack way in advance with an L1 attack or charged triangle. I was using Hyperion and any time I was caught in a fire trap or an enemy used an attack it wouldn't let me escape so I basically hovered in the air in the animation.

Fix this crap!

Message 1 of 19 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Re: Worst glitches ever on final night.

Jan 22, 2013

THis happens to me WAYYYY too often! I assume it has something to do with matchmaking/host but I SINCERELY hope they do something about latency and resulting hit detection by release...I mean, I go from stats like 7-3 or better when lag isn't present to negative KDR when it is, with teammates able to steal kills with late attacks and enemies invincivble to my earlier attacks. It's frustarting and if this kind of thing is present in the final version, I will still play BUT...I will be backing out of these types of games regularly. There's no point in staying if everything is an uphill battle.

And my internet is extremely fast so I know it's not my connection :smileysad:

Message 2 of 19 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Seems to me like alot of the hosts in the last week have such a high amount of packet loss, and or the so called hiding latency that SMS has implemeted is actually worse off for the game than just having it ping dependant and relayed to client and or host.... Both pose major issues when high latency and or packet loss is present...

I've died mid air with a grapple during my hammer special triangle which isn't possible, brutal kill too...

Message 3 of 19 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 22, 2013
The hit detection is way off I can be a few feet away and they can still hit me. The juggling needs fixing I will already have hit the ground and once they start attacking again I'm back mid air in a juggle again. It's weird but when I hit my opponent they don't flinch but go through my attack hitting me into a combo what's up with that? Hopefully the final game will have these problems resolved the beta got ridiculous after that last patch.
Message 4 of 19 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2298 posts

Jan 22, 2013

The matchmaking system is atrocious and if it remains like this in the final game then I'm not even going to bother with multiplayer. If you have a full list of people and it starts the countdown and someone leaves it starts all over Searching...

All you ever see is Waiting for players, then Searching... Searching... Searching... then it all goes blank, and then it starts again until it slowly finds people and it will usually drop more people.

There is no indication of who the host is, who is using a mic, etc.

I don't trust Sony Santa Monica with multiplayer considering how effed up Starhawk is and was with glitches and connection issues. That also had no indicator of who the host was.

There better be no one from Lightbox Interactive working on this game because it will definitely be flawed from the start because they have no idea how to code properly.

As for the glitches in the beta I don't think it went on long enough to really give them an idea as to the real problems. You need a larger base of players to know what the problems are going to be.

Traps do not activate fast enough so unless you're an idiot and walk straight in one they never work. Yet you're more likely to die from your own trap than an enemy. I'm sick of seeing the opponent walk right into a trap and it never activates even if you manually push it. They need to be instant.

Let me not get started on the complete moron idiots playing this game who constantly do nothing to help their teammates from being ganged up on by 3 or all of the enemies. What the hell are you people doing!!!!???

I had the Spear of Olympus and I just got killed because the spear sucks in Team Favor of the Gods as the tracking is abysmal and I had every single opponent chasing me while my entire team was nowhere to be found. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 19 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

@SirCrush The Funniest Thing Happen To My Zeus Warrior In A Capture The Flag Match.

I Had Just Finish A Brutal Kill And Was Ready To Capture The Bonus Flag In The Lower Section Of The Map, When I Noticed A Cut Hand Right On The Shoulder Of My Character .Lol

It Took Me A Few Seconds To Realize And Figure Out It Was Actually My Foes Hand And It Just Somehow Attached To My Character During The Finishing Move .

And It Stuck There The Entire Time Even After My Warrior Died Once . I Wish I Had Proof But I Don't Have A Capture Card To Have Recorded It .

I Was Just Laughing The Entire Time Trying To See If My Teammates Notice The Extra Hand On My Shoulder ! .Lol

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 6 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2298 posts

Jan 22, 2013

It was Thing from The Addams Family wanting to play with you.

I was just killed by someone during the god awful "Gods Intervene" cutscene where the spear comes down. No one should be able to do anything yet somehow I just ended up dead.

Mics don't work well in this game at all. The audio is generally too low that you never hear a majority of people. All you hear is static noise from their background. I've only played with one person who I could hear and they could hear me, yet someone else had a mic in the background and neither of us could hear him.

I have an official PS3 mic as well.

Message 7 of 19 (174 Views)
Sackboy
461 posts

Jan 22, 2013
What do you mean by "final night" am I missing something?
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 8 of 19 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2298 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Carrioner wrote:
What do you mean by "final night" am I missing something?

As of 11:59 PST the beta will end. That means 2:59 A.M. Eastern Time and no more beta.

Message 9 of 19 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Please SSM fix the **bleep** gladiator hammer, this one match all this guy would do is spam the specials and run away and spam them again. Let's not forget the chest "WW" **bleep** he was. Fix It or take it out I don't care.

Message 10 of 19 (159 Views)