Fender Bender
4316 posts

Re: Zeus Allegiance Thread

Apr 4, 2013

Seventy_X_Seven wrote:

skullsmasuree wrote:
Intentionally letting someone get you to 20 Hp is a good strategy if you like losing. It doesn't always work and it means avoiding health fountains that other players will get. Ur not getting a lightning storm every 10 seconds. You'll get 1 lightning sto if ur lucky. Then u will die from a world weapon, a trap, or a special.

If you're bad at the game, Ascelep might be good to charge magic in a stun state before u are brutally killed.

The lvl 9 sword can get more kills in less amount of time (higher dps) than the lvl 25 sword which makes it better. I posted the optimal setup for competitive play. Of course people are free to play with a subpar setup for w/e reason. (Fun factor maybe) that is their choice.

Intentionally letting someone get you to 20 Hp is a good strategy unless you are a bad player and can't survive like that. I do this and easily dominate. I couple it with the spear of Zeus. Get my first magic and lighting them, about half their heath is gone. L1+Triangle launches them up, follow by a grapple. By then my magic is recharged again, another lighting storm and they are dead.

I'm not sure about you, but I have been able to survive an entire round numerous times while at 20hp because anytime anyone gets close I suck them in with more magic.

I'm with seventy seven on this.  The only risk you take with Asclepius is if you get nailed while trying to get your magic off.  But I've won far more than I've ever lost and I've had much more magic use with Asclepius  than Relic of Chance.  With Chance I find myself not having magic when I need it, Asclepius it seems to always be there and, as Seventy Seven point out, you draw them in because they think you're an easy kill.  Then you roast them.

I can't tell you the number of times I get a double or triple kill off of that.

Now, it also helps I can't stand the juggle and ring out playstyle.  I feel cheap enough magic spamming.  Throwing that in there too just makes it worse.  Spear and Asclepius seems more effective for me in objective modes.  I could see the sword and ring out spam being the best for Match of Champions where it's easy to catch people already fighting and not paying attention to you.  Still seems lame, but then that's kind of par for the course in competitive play.  Nothing wrong with it either, a win's a win short of glitching to get there.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 21 of 323 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Well, Asclepius is good indeed. I was having my a s s kicked yesterday with my Hades, so I changed to Zeus. I've done 16/5 in the first match :smileyhappy:

And I use Reckoning, so I can spam magic every 6 seconds.

The Relic of Chance is good, but then you're relying on luck...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 22 of 323 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Been trying out all the allegiances and have had fun with each one of them. Felt like Zeus was a bit harder to learn, but once you get the hang of him and adapt to your own style of play, he can great too just like the others. All it takes is some time, practice, and patience.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 23 of 323 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 4, 2013
You can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink. If you're using the "spear of Zeus" over the lvl 9 sword, you're putting yourself in a wheel chair.

The best players play MoC 4 players which, coincidentally, is what I also play. If u want to run around with a gimped spear, relic of Asclepius, open chests, and "capture altars" then yeah, u can get by. But not against good players in modes that demand actual fighting and skills. At 20 health, 1 grapple and ur gone.
Message 24 of 323 (718 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Also lightning storm can be interrupted and sometimes won't go off even if the animation starts. Running into a group of 3 plus players who are spamming specials and magic while you have 20 health expecting to repeatedly get off a lightning storm suggests you are intellectually disabled.
Message 25 of 323 (712 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 4, 2013
I use Reckoning of Zeus, so no big issues. Second of all, MoC 4 is the mdoe I play the most. I use Asclepius and I do very well, at least in combat. I win sometimes, and even when I don't win, I'm usually the best at combat (more points). I end up losing due to lack of objectives.

I've used Relic of Chance for a long time, and I've been using the Asclepius for quite some time as well.

Not depending of luck is very good. I can spam 6 balls in 36 seconds... Which is a lot. And the best part of the relic is that enemies thinks that you're an easy kill, but they end up being stunlocked and not rarely, killed.

I usually kill more than 10 times in MoC (16/5, 14/11, 17/9, etc). Of course I also die, but for me the most important is winning, even if I die a lot.

But Relic of Chance is good as well. It's a matter of preference.

As for weapon, I've decided that SoZ is the best for me. The ring outs are great, and the damage is great as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 26 of 323 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Apr 4, 2013

skullsmasuree wrote:
You can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink. If you're using the "spear of Zeus" over the lvl 9 sword, you're putting yourself in a wheel chair.

The best players play MoC 4 players which, coincidentally, is what I also play. If u want to run around with a gimped spear, relic of Asclepius, open chests, and "capture altars" then yeah, u can get by. But not against good players in modes that demand actual fighting and skills. At 20 health, 1 grapple and ur gone.

Suit yourself. I use my Spear of Zeus and Relic of Asclepius and win Match of Champions 9 out of 10 times. One grapple = death at 20 hp is not true, especially if you are using manticore armor. And yes, I win by kills not chests.

My Zeus brethren, let us not fight amongst ourselves but against our enemies in combat! All I have done is suggest a method that works for me and may work for others. If this playstyle is not suited for you there is no need to attack or call me out, and likewise for any other suggestions made by anyone else.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 27 of 323 (685 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Agreed! No inner fighting :smileytongue:

I don't win 9 out of 10 MoC, unfortunately. But at least in combat aspect, I win often.

Zeus is very powerful.

:smileyvery-happy:

Message 28 of 323 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Ok well to be fair that 9 out of 10 MOC comes from 8 player MOC on a particularly good evening! Relic of Asclepius is definitely better with more people so you can easily avoid direct combat and spam magic on larger groups of people. Still does well in 4 player MOC, it's just a lot riskier.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 29 of 323 (675 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 5, 2013
Well that's why. Thanks for being fair. I'm talking 4p MoC which has a higher skill cap.
Message 30 of 323 (665 Views)
0 Likes