yup^ its really easy to dodge.
Diseus
Message 11 of 46 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Re: Zeus Magic: Lightning Storm vs. Annihilation

Apr 26, 2013

To be honest, all Zeus magic are too way powerful.

To me, stun balls are very useful than those two.

But I'll admit Annihilation is better than Lightning Storm since it kill harder, unlike Lightning Storm, one or two of four enemies may escape.

Message 12 of 46 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 26, 2013

You can time Lightning Storm so that it's tougher to dodge. I find that magic is best used when least expected, mid-combo seems to help suck them in better. Or during THEIR attacks seems to work really well. But it's true that LS is probably Zeus' weakest/least useful magic. The power of Annihilation is awesome. Judgement is GREAT for ringouts plus it silences (This is actually the weakest magic imo since you can avoid ledges and enemies and either circle around or have a teammate damage from behind...worst magic to use on low health), and don;'t get me started on Reckoning. I hate that magic with a passion, mostly because I view it as overpowered. Its damage radius is just way too wide coupled with silencing effects and the ability to attack while someoone is stunlocked. 50 magic my tailpipe.

In any situation, Lightning Storm is viable. The high magic cost is easily undermined by relics and its damage is GREAT along with an ability to combo into it and juggle after. Go with it simply for its 2 uses.

I am not a major Zeus player so my take on things could be flawed.

Message 13 of 46 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11781 posts

Apr 26, 2013

reckoning plus asclepius....infinite combo yay such skill!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 46 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Apr 26, 2013

But what happens to Annilation on Rank 3? Can it give you 2 uses?

Message 15 of 46 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 26, 2013

SwordHero1 wrote:

But what happens to Annilation on Rank 3? Can it give you 2 uses?

No you can't. I believe you get an attack buff at level 3 which is nice for those rare moments when the magic itself doesn't kill your opponent. Still, after they are hit they WILL get some invincibility for a second so timing is of the essence when issuing your deathblow(s).

Message 16 of 46 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I dunno. I tried playing with Lightning Storm earlier tonight and was able to get my magic out every time. I then switched to Annihilation, because like you said, it's easy to roll out of, and I kept getting killed, or my opponents would run before the magic could start. Annihilation takes WAAAAAAAY to long to start. Geeze! Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 46 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Best way to use Annihilation, in my experience, is to set it off when you see someone hit [] or /\ on the ground. Generally, if you sart it fast enough, they won't be able to get away before it sets off. Then mash them L1+R1 buttons and watch them d-d-d-die!

Also very useful if you see someone running your way, preemptively set it off as they're running toward you and make them regret coming your way Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 46 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

im a lightning storm user myself it happens to be my favorite of the pre elite magics for Zeus I just enjoy the finality of it hit one quick combo then when they come to attack you magic=death and if they don't die you can still juggle them after the fact....... I haven't gotten to use annihilation yet

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Message 19 of 46 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Soulcrusher94 wrote:

im a lightning storm user myself it happens to be my favorite of the pre elite magics for Zeus I just enjoy the finality of it hit one quick combo then when they come to attack you magic=death and if they don't die you can still juggle them after the fact....... I haven't gotten to use annihilation yet

Precisely. People forget that you can still s, s, special/triangle after you hit people with LS (it makes them bounce, so the follow-up attacks are undodgeable/unblockable). Full Battle Armor + LS + s, s, special and you can kill everyone, even double kill without any problem (with still a charge left). Dodging is always a problem though, but, IMO, is very easy to dodge/miss Reckoning if you dont use it while combo'ing someone as well (even more than LS or Judgment). The only problem with LS really is needing 100 magic, while with only 50 you can as much damage with Reckoning.

Message 20 of 46 (199 Views)
0 Likes