Highlighted
Dec 23 2012
By: AKiMbO-_-SLICEE Splicer 73 posts

Zeus Nerf or Ares Buff

47 replies 1120 views Edited Dec 23, 2012

While playing the beta for around 2 weeks, I've really started to notice something. Zeus is a FAR Superior choice to ARES for a plethora of reasons. One Giant reason is magic. I do realize one of the main characteristics of aligning with Zeus is have an advantige and basically specialize in Magic. In the multiplayer games, if there a team full of fighters of Ares fight another team of Zeus's souls, There really is no chance for the Ares fighters. The Ares guys are not going to even touch the Zeus guys. One Relic of Zeus is known as the "Relic Of Harmony". Have that equipped at Rank 3 , and every 3 chests your team opens, everyone on it gets 50 mana, there goes 4 more Lightning Storms. "Lighning Storm", will suck enemies into it and then take about 50% of the enemies damage. On the Warhammer of Zeus, L1+^ Will suck in enemies as well, then throw them into the air a "Silence" them to take quite a bit of damage. Aligning with Zeus with give you, and your teamates extra health and extra mana most of the time, along with the overpowerd magic and abilities of Zeus, I will say again, Ares followers have absolutely no chance of winning, especially on Team Favor. When the Spear of Olympus comes down and you go over to it, get ready for some lightning storms because it always gets spammed over there. You can literally go up to 4 Ares players with full health and completely annihilate all 4 of them with just a few lightning Storms.

The Ares players, IMO, need a serious Buff with the magic. Ares's magic attacks are weak and do not take much damage. Only the Demi-God will silence your enemies quickly, but they can simply evade away and your magic becomes basically useless. Ares has one healing ability, but is is only about 10 health, which is practically anything. It seams ares is only aimed to 1v1 fights. 1v1 Ares fights can be really entertaining, but 1v1 Ares vs Zeus fight will just **bleep** you off, because it s no competition. I really want to only suggest one of 2 things. A BUFF of ARES... or a NERF of ZEUS.

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Message 1 of 48 (1,120 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Zeus Nerf or Ares Buff

Dec 23, 2012
Both are needed.

Zeus needs a nerf to Relic of Harmony and Chance. Lightning storm rank 3 should require lvl30. I honestly think those would do it.

Ares is fine except I think the relic choices are mediocre. While many of Zeus' make sense (rewarding playing smart and cleverly) Ares' relics seem branched out or unfocused. Many inctease physical attack power and a few regen health. The health regen ones are the most important yet most irrationally designed. If you are a champion of Ares, you should be rewarded for killing. Drop the chest minigame relic (put it on another Patron?) and give Ares a relic that gives a chance for Brutal kills to regen health. Ares' spells are fine. They shouldn't be as strong as Zeus'. But as magic is Zeus' fuel life needs to be Ares'.

Small nerfs to Zeus. Small buffs to Ares. That's the answer.
Message 2 of 48 (1,108 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 23, 2012
huh. why would Ares need a magic buff when they specialize in melee?

if Ares players don't want to get killed, the thing to do is raise their Elemental Resist.

Zeus players that wanna max Elemental Attack have low physical attack, low physical defense, and even low magic defense.

no need for buffs or nerfs. each god specializes in something. Ares players having no chance? good Ares players can kill good Zeus players. before the patch, my Ares player had 600+ in Physical Attack and it only takes me 2 combo strings (approx. 6-8 moves) to kill a guy, maybe even less.
Message 3 of 48 (1,106 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9839 posts

Dec 23, 2012
I sort of agree, though I'm a good ares player so it'll take a really good zeus player to kill me, not just your average joe.

But it's true...I feel there are 100 reasons to play as Zeus but the ONLY reason I play as Ares is because it's simplistic...I understand the stats involved. You want good enough strength to do damage and good enough defense to survive long fights.

Ares spells are easy to avoid too, hardly anyone gets hit by them if they know what they're doing.

With Zeus, I'm not sure if I should raise my e. power or my magic stat... I also want to prepare for physical and elemental attacks. Zeus has tons of silence attacks which stick all the time, while the fire DoT sometimes feels like it does nothing and doesn't always stick but Zeus players can keep people silenced constantly...which sucks for everyone even other zeus players.

They also have really awesome items and relics that help out themselves and the team tremendously....with ares it's like they want you to stack damage...but even when I had damage over 600 I didn't feel like I was even dealing all that much damage even to zeus players.

I would like Ares magic to be less avoidable...because right now most ares attacks you can just sprint away from, or even dodge out of the way. I would also like some sort of awesome perk for being with ares because right now the only reason I'm even ares is...like I said... his character is more simplistic and I like his hammer. Otherwise I'd probably be a zeus player too.
Message 4 of 48 (1,100 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012
Rumba Lumba, Before patch. Now Ares caps around 400. But part of Ares gameplay is a "berserker style". You don't raise elemental def for the same reason you don't raise physical def (which Ares also lacks). Because Ares is a raw offense build.

Even the devs said recently Zeus needs to be re-tuned. So if you think there is no need for buffs and nerfs you're wrong. Wrong and don't understand the point of the beta. Put a good Zeus champ versus an equally geared and good Ares champ and 9 out of 10 times Zeus will win as it currently stands.
Message 5 of 48 (1,099 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Viddik wrote:
Rumba Lumba, Before patch. Now Ares caps around 400. But part of Ares gameplay is a "berserker style". You don't raise elemental def for the same reason you don't raise physical def (which Ares also lacks). Because Ares is a raw offense build.

Even the devs said recently Zeus needs to be re-tuned. So if you think there is no need for buffs and nerfs you're wrong. Wrong and don't understand the point of the beta. Put a good Zeus champ versus an equally geared and good Ares champ and 9 out of 10 times Zeus will win as it currently stands.

9 out of 10? don't pull numbers out of your nowhere. as i've said, the way to defend against Zeus is to up your Elemental Resist. if not, then both players are defenseless. Ares players defenseless against magic, and Zeus players defenseless against physical. if anything, at least Ares players don't need an MP bar or have to wait for their L1Square and L1Triangle to do damage. 

it's not like Ares players can't do anything, it's just that Ares players don't equip armour to up their Elemental Resist. i once equipped my Ares player with full-on Elemental Resist equips and i barely got killed. it took Zeus players a long time to kill me. because it should work that way.

there are moves that are overpowered for both gods. maybe they should also buff that Relic of Zeus where you go invincible for 3.5 sec because it's so freaking useless.

the one complaint is only because magic is AoE and that's what Ares players don't like. if it weren't AoE, or if Ares also has a physical AoE attack, i doubt you'd be complaining. 

Message 6 of 48 (1,092 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Actually you should read what I post once in awhile. I said I think the magic attacks are fine. I said Zeus players max Lightning Storm too early. That's a viable observation given the dmg output, utility and AoE propeties of it. The spell itself is fine. All the spells are fine. My point is you say no buffs or nerfs are needed, and you're wrong. You can argue with me if it makes you geel better but you're wasting your breath. The point of a beta test is buffs and nerfs. The Devs themselves have said here they have noticed problems that need to be addressed. So how can you say otherwise?
Message 7 of 48 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9839 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Rumba, I don't think you could be more wrong. Ares players are about damage, yeah defense is important too, but why sacrifice all that attack just to live a bit longer? Seems like an odd trade off...be able to kill a crap ton slower to still have less e. defense and p. defense than everyone else.

But it's not only magic. Zeus does have strong magic and lots of access to magic...but zeus has strong e. power too, which translates to the blunt end of that hammer or sword.

So you have weapons that can tear through ares players e. defense and magic that is the best in the game.. all while to be honest I don't notice ares "barbaric" strength at all.
Message 8 of 48 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Rumba, I don't think you could be more wrong. Ares players are about damage, yeah defense is important too, but why sacrifice all that attack just to live a bit longer? Seems like an odd trade off...be able to kill a crap ton slower to still have less e. defense and p. defense than everyone else.

But it's not only magic. Zeus does have strong magic and lots of access to magic...but zeus has strong e. power too, which translates to the blunt end of that hammer or sword.

So you have weapons that can tear through ares players e. defense and magic that is the best in the game.. all while to be honest I don't notice ares "barbaric" strength at all.

huh? elemetal attack doesn't affect melee. elemental attack is the power of your magic, elemental resist is the defense to magic. so no, it doesn't translate to the blunt end of a weapon.  at first this is what i thought too, but no. before the patch, my Zeus was at 595 E. Power and i had one round just do melee attacks to try it out and no, it was nowhere near as fast or as damaging as using Ares with a 600 Physical Power using melee. it can't be that the 4 players had very high E. Resist, at least high enough for my 595 E. Power to require doing combo strings 4 times. 

Message 9 of 48 (1,083 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Viddik wrote:
Actually you should read what I post once in awhile. I said I think the magic attacks are fine. I said Zeus players max Lightning Storm too early. That's a viable observation given the dmg output, utility and AoE propeties of it. The spell itself is fine. All the spells are fine. My point is you say no buffs or nerfs are needed, and you're wrong. You can argue with me if it makes you geel better but you're wasting your breath. The point of a beta test is buffs and nerfs. The Devs themselves have said here they have noticed problems that need to be addressed. So how can you say otherwise?

because in the final game, we'll get 2 more gods, and more armour, magic, relics, and items. it could be that a Poseidon player will totally dominate a Zeus player and we don't even know it yet. no sense buffing or nerfing relative to one god when we don't even know how it works with the other two gods. it might be that Zeus should totally dominate Ares, like how in standard RPGs it's like Water > Fire > Earth > Wind > Water like an elemental tradeoff (or Pokemon, where Electricity > Water > Rock > Electricity).

Message 10 of 48 (1,081 Views)
0 Likes