Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Zeus Nerf or Ares Buff

Dec 23, 2012

Rumba_Lumba wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Rumba, I don't think you could be more wrong. Ares players are about damage, yeah defense is important too, but why sacrifice all that attack just to live a bit longer? Seems like an odd trade off...be able to kill a crap ton slower to still have less e. defense and p. defense than everyone else.

But it's not only magic. Zeus does have strong magic and lots of access to magic...but zeus has strong e. power too, which translates to the blunt end of that hammer or sword.

So you have weapons that can tear through ares players e. defense and magic that is the best in the game.. all while to be honest I don't notice ares "barbaric" strength at all.

huh? elemetal attack doesn't affect melee. elemental attack is the power of your magic, elemental resist is the defense to magic. so no, it doesn't translate to the blunt end of a weapon.  at first this is what i thought too, but no. before the patch, my Zeus was at 595 E. Power and i had one round just do melee attacks to try it out and no, it was nowhere near as fast or as damaging as using Ares with a 600 Physical Power using melee. it can't be that the 4 players had very high E. Resist, at least high enough for my 595 E. Power to require doing combo strings 4 times. 

are you sure?  Then **bleep** is the "magic" stat?  Just MP?  

Message 11 of 48 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 23, 2012
yes, that Magic icon is your MP bar. notice that when you equip items or relics it says +50 MP and next to it is the icon for Magic? in short, it says you start with 0 MP.

why is it there? who knows. we'll probably get something that will allow you to have a starting MP or something.
Message 12 of 48 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Ok, so idk what to think anymore. I put on a full athena set so now I have 235 e. def and p. def but I feel like I'm dying faster than before and killing just as fast.

Idk what's going on. This game is so weird.
Message 13 of 48 (220 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Well this explains a lot of encounters

Message 14 of 48 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Dec 23, 2012

pretty much any straight resistance armor is bad , you'll have MUCH better results wearing full cyclops armor if you want survivability.

Message 15 of 48 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Grenix wrote:

pretty much any straight resistance armor is bad , you'll have MUCH better results wearing full cyclops armor if you want survivability.

How?  Cyclops armor has terrible...everything...plus it's resistance type armor.

What I want is to be able to hit hard and survive more than 2 hits.  I don't find it fair that Zeus players don't seem to have to give up anything in order to deal good melee damage and magic damage but Ares just doesn't make sense.  You have to give up heaps and heaps of defense for just a tiny bit of damage... 

Message 16 of 48 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Dec 23, 2012

as it is now, resistence doesnt make that big of an impact but the extra health from cyclops does. try them both on an ares character, im sure you'll do better with the cyclops. Also, you can easily dodge out of lightning storms and zeus hammers heavy special

Message 17 of 48 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Alright, this is just dumb.

I've been running into so many people who are using Zeus with the BoA and just running away and spamming heal. So goddamn annoying.

I literally started fighting this guy and the instant he takes damage he runs away and uses the heal.

That's all anyone does anymore, they take damage and they start sprinting like crazy for a chance to use the BoA or a health fountain.

Ran into one guy who uses full skorpion armor, BoA and the teleport relic. Why on earth do you get to fly forward like 8 times? Or does this thing just have laughable cooldown?

Then you can use L1 + square to hit them into the air and juggle them forever and even though they're zeus, using armor that has zero melee damage and a sword with low melee damage, I still get killed instantly.

Like...Zeus isn't even supposed to be a melee type class but ALL zeus characters are powerful without their magic...and can use it in the air? Can suck you in while you're jumping through the air. If you use it right during their combo they can't possibly escape the damage.

Then I'm sitting here, if I put them in a combo, oh here's my instant teleport to the health fountain item that I can use infinitely without any punishment what so ever. If I use a magic attack? Please, what a joke! Ares magic is insanely dodgeable...idk why I even use magic as an ares player, it can't even save you from hectic situations.

Ares is supposed to be damage, but I can't help but feel you NEED to sacrifice that damage for defense because there's a billion idiotic things that kill you but I can beat the holy hell out of people and all they have to do is run away and they're safe.

But I can't run away. Nope. I ran away earlier, in fact all I did was jump in order to get over this ledge and I got hit like twice, and launched in the air...while the guy was in the air with me and grappled... I don't get this game anymore.. the more I play the less I want to play it.
Message 18 of 48 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Sadly none of this made any sense to me till I gained several levels then realized at higher tier thats exactly how it goes.  I rarely see Ares players running around me in Team matches and when I do we tend to get comboed, force lightning stunned and everything else to death.

I have to agree no matter how agile I am , how many dodges i do, or how many parries I make it barely takes them a single combo into magic to kill me or knock me out of the ring. yet when I try to chase them down its nigh impossible to catch any zeus player.

Im liking hercules arena more and more since there is less space to run but even then I wind up getting ganged up 2 on 1 so if Im not flying into a wall they are lightning or hammering me out of ring while I struggle to wrack up kills thanks to an all but pointless magic that gets me in more trouble than anything.

I still like the game but given Ares is god of War he definitely needs something to make his champs feel more like a true spartan angry melee oriented gladiator kratos wannabe warriors than some wooden training puppet like it feels now.    BTW I even wore the dual resist armor stacking magic defense and all it means is that when they cant combo+magic you to death they just set you up for more ring outs so either way Ares loses in utility to Zeus.

Message 19 of 48 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I play with a champion of Zeus and in my experiences it seems I can dominate an Ares player with magic but I have to fight perfectly otherwise. Ares players catch me in combos and if I don't have my L2, or sometimes even when I do, I die in 2 combos. I use the Relic of Chance to help me survive if I run into a group of the other team. 

The thing about magic is it's also pretty easy to dodge if you know the signs to look for. You can dodge roll or L2 to get out of Lightning Storm. You just have to use it at the right time.  Like with the Hammer of Zeus you can be interrupted because it takes so long to cast. Also, the only player I've seen to never die in a match was an Ares player. The demi-god magic has been much more deadly against me than anything a Zeus player can do, and it lasts longer and can follow you. 

Your personal view may be swayed just because you've played more skilled Zeus players than Ares. The developers saying something needs nerfed isn't a very good argument at all because they are people too and make mistakes. Do you know how many times Blizzard has changed something in WoW and it's ended up hurting the game? Plenty of times. While the makers of this game are pretty great, they are not omniscient. 

Message 20 of 48 (168 Views)
0 Likes