Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Zeus Nerf or Ares Buff

Dec 23, 2012

Yeah I dont think Zeus needs a nerf but Ares needs improvements on his utility abilities because if you are in a position to be aggressive then its fine but if your low level ares you cant do much of anything where Zues at around the same low mid level has utility to help out since magic is safer to use gang wise than trying to get people coordinate juggle/throw/knockback combos on a player.

Magic might be easy to dodge but you can dodge when you stunned or trapped in a combo.  Smart Zues players have no problem taking about any skill level ares even if your an expert because you have nothing to help you escape.

Thats why the melee power matters nothing on zues its just a way for them to trap you into a combo to ensure the magic hits.   If Ares could have better defense without sacrificing so much attack or health with attack this would offset the inability to run away and perform decent heals.   Our heal relic to me is worthless as a heal and is really just damage buffer which is very significant however its still nothing like Zues combo of stacking E. attack.

Message 21 of 48 (203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I COMPLETELY agree with you! I just hope they release Hades and Poseidon soon so we can test them out and let these developers know what they need to change, buff, nerf, or just plain get rid of!

Message 22 of 48 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Message 23 of 48 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I agree but it needs to be BOTH, I really do hope we get Hades and Posedidon to test them too, wouldn't Poseidon have that blue magic circle for example?.....in fact I still wonder what their magics would be....

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 24 of 48 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Alright, this is just dumb.

I've been running into so many people who are using Zeus with the BoA and just running away and spamming heal. So goddamn annoying.

I literally started fighting this guy and the instant he takes damage he runs away and uses the heal.

That's all anyone does anymore, they take damage and they start sprinting like crazy for a chance to use the BoA or a health fountain.

Ran into one guy who uses full skorpion armor, BoA and the teleport relic. Why on earth do you get to fly forward like 8 times? Or does this thing just have laughable cooldown?

Then you can use L1 + square to hit them into the air and juggle them forever and even though they're zeus, using armor that has zero melee damage and a sword with low melee damage, I still get killed instantly.

Like...Zeus isn't even supposed to be a melee type class but ALL zeus characters are powerful without their magic...and can use it in the air? Can suck you in while you're jumping through the air. If you use it right during their combo they can't possibly escape the damage.

Then I'm sitting here, if I put them in a combo, oh here's my instant teleport to the health fountain item that I can use infinitely without any punishment what so ever. If I use a magic attack? Please, what a joke! Ares magic is insanely dodgeable...idk why I even use magic as an ares player, it can't even save you from hectic situations.

Ares is supposed to be damage, but I can't help but feel you NEED to sacrifice that damage for defense because there's a billion idiotic things that kill you but I can beat the holy hell out of people and all they have to do is run away and they're safe.

But I can't run away. Nope. I ran away earlier, in fact all I did was jump in order to get over this ledge and I got hit like twice, and launched in the air...while the guy was in the air with me and grappled... I don't get this game anymore.. the more I play the less I want to play it.

That BoA gameplay? I think I was one of the first to start doing that lol. Not 1v1 but against 2 or more or when I see he has backup incoming I'll break off. That's why i have been warning about changing health regen mechanics. When playing Ares, who has a relic that rewards on killstreaks, you have to play smarter, not harder. Hel I've had entire teams chase me with around 30% in a twisted Greek Benny Hill homage and still lived lol. all while my team capped nodes. If you want to see the effect in 4 mans check out Shinigami's vid once more. Notice how often he ducks out, HoT's and gets back in. I di it all the time. It's surprisingly effective. Smart players see that aura now and pitbull you, but if you're quick and use the terrain you can still get your health back to full to re engage.

Again - the problem is NOT the BoA. It's outside it and like one to two fountains or a CD there is no health regen. If I am rocking a killstreak reward relic and kill someone only to have his buddy hit me once because i had a sliver left, where has that gotten me? There is no reward to playing super aggressive, even though there should be and it'd create great comebacks. There is however great rewards for hit and runs.

[quote]Your personal view may be swayed just because you've played more skilled Zeus players than Ares. The developers saying something needs nerfed isn't a very good argument at all because they are people too and make mistakes. Do you know how many times Blizzard has changed something in WoW and it's ended up hurting the game? Plenty of times. While the makers of this game are pretty great, they are not omniscient. [/quote]

Please. Please please please. Do NOT compare this Multiplayer to WoW. I played WoW. WoW nerfs and buffs are bandaids on a hemorhaging body. It's a game with pve, pvp, a trinity system and not balanced for 1v1. This is a far more simple and elegant PvP. But this is the time for checks and balances and honestly not much needs to be done between these two patrons. Just little tweaks and a health return on kill reward system.

and my opinions are not from a place of favoritism (in truth I have no clue what Patron I'll prefer. The one with cooler Armor then Skorpian? I dunno) not the playerbase I've fought. It comes from my own gameplay and testing. I focused heavily on Ares at first, and then Zeus. Zeus gameplay became significantly imbalanced with the buff to Chance relic and early access to Rank 3 Lightning Storm. i think everything else is fine (well tbh I think you should be able to block the Zeus hammer L1 Square special, not unlike the Spear of Olympus, but i dunno if that with these would be overkill) and will be fine once those are addressed

Message 25 of 48 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

Another point is that Zeus is far more easy to use than Ares.

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Message 26 of 48 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

I think Ares needs relic wise dmg+health on kill or kills streaks. Right now that alliance is a physical glass cannon, nothing more. Even the chance to gain life on a parry is a tad low health gain wise relative to the percentage chance of 35% and only +20. Which is only 1/4 health gained.

Message 27 of 48 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 23, 2012
I actually like that relic lol. To up either the chance % or the amount gained risks it falling into OP country. The other health Relic that rewards chest mini games just doesn't fit the Ares archtype, and should be replaced with something combat oriented.
Message 28 of 48 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

There has to be a nerf for the BoA.

It has insane defense, alright attack... people who use it do great damage with it and most of them are zeus players. Just a few short combos and you're dead.

There needs to be a larger cooldown for the health too, either that or cut the amount of health you gain, while making it give more (or more often) to nearby team mates. I also heard it negates the damage of the first attack that hits you? If not, it's still pretty ridiculous.

On top of that, The square special doesn't make you hit the ground, you float in the air and they can do a huge slew of hits to you while you're defenseless...

Then combine all of that with a full set of level 3 skorpion? My god, you're spamming specials and items like mad!

Edit:

Also, like someone said earlier Ares' peripherals are a joke.  The strenght is hardly noticable from the ones that give you strength.  You rarely ever get to even parry, because the only thing people hit you with are triangle attacks or power weapons.  And the chest mini game is pretty easy but doesn't seem to give much health...it doesn't fit the play style or anything. 

I think we should be able to gain strength and health on a kill.  Enough health to continue the onslaught too...the current health we get not only isn't enough to even protect us from one HIT, it doesn't even happen every single kill.  

Message 29 of 48 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Dec 23, 2012
I just got my shyt pushed in by a zeus guy with a hammer lol, I couldn't even roll dodge or get up. When ever I meet someone like that online I toss aside my controller or quit the match because its pointless if you cant recover.
Message 30 of 48 (138 Views)
0 Likes