Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Re: Zeus Nerf or Ares Buff

Dec 23, 2012

- BoA needs to be nerfed, its very good in the hands of either side by someone that actually knows how to use its max potential ( no i dont mean the heal).

- Zeus lightning storm is fine as is but the other spells need to be looked at as they arent worth using.

- Zeus relics need to be looked at, these are what make the Zeus allegiance OP. It's far too easy for a zeus player to have full magic at all times

- 90% of all ares magic/relics/items are garbage, these to be reworked/fixed to put Ares on par with zeus

Message 31 of 48 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

There has to be a nerf for the BoA.

It has insane defense, alright attack... people who use it do great damage with it and most of them are zeus players. Just a few short combos and you're dead.

There needs to be a larger cooldown for the health too, either that or cut the amount of health you gain, while making it give more (or more often) to nearby team mates. I also heard it negates the damage of the first attack that hits you? If not, it's still pretty ridiculous.

On top of that, The square special doesn't make you hit the ground, you float in the air and they can do a huge slew of hits to you while you're defenseless...

Then combine all of that with a full set of level 3 skorpion? My god, you're spamming specials and items like mad!

Edit:

Also, like someone said earlier Ares' peripherals are a joke.  The strenght is hardly noticable from the ones that give you strength.  You rarely ever get to even parry, because the only thing people hit you with are triangle attacks or power weapons.  And the chest mini game is pretty easy but doesn't seem to give much health...it doesn't fit the play style or anything. 

I think we should be able to gain strength and health on a kill.  Enough health to continue the onslaught too...the current health we get not only isn't enough to even protect us from one HIT, it doesn't even happen every single kill.  

Lol I feel someone hasn't read half my posts! xD As for the BoA, a few facts: - It actually already heals partners for more then the wielder. Wielder recieves 25% over time, partners in the aura get a min of 50%. i've covered a few guys as they capped and healed them up. Same during the spear scramble. - it doesn't give much Physical power at a. Just 50. - the floatiness of the L1 Square specisl in mid air is a pain. The invuln window is very small, and a parry kills a BoA users offense. I honestly think it's fine IF health on kill mechanics and a health on kill relic is introduced for Ares. Mainly the issue is slight buffs to Ares and some slight toning down on Zeus relics and Lightning Storm.
Message 32 of 48 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Viddik wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

There has to be a nerf for the BoA.

It has insane defense, alright attack... people who use it do great damage with it and most of them are zeus players. Just a few short combos and you're dead.

There needs to be a larger cooldown for the health too, either that or cut the amount of health you gain, while making it give more (or more often) to nearby team mates. I also heard it negates the damage of the first attack that hits you? If not, it's still pretty ridiculous.

On top of that, The square special doesn't make you hit the ground, you float in the air and they can do a huge slew of hits to you while you're defenseless...

Then combine all of that with a full set of level 3 skorpion? My god, you're spamming specials and items like mad!

Edit:

Also, like someone said earlier Ares' peripherals are a joke.  The strenght is hardly noticable from the ones that give you strength.  You rarely ever get to even parry, because the only thing people hit you with are triangle attacks or power weapons.  And the chest mini game is pretty easy but doesn't seem to give much health...it doesn't fit the play style or anything. 

I think we should be able to gain strength and health on a kill.  Enough health to continue the onslaught too...the current health we get not only isn't enough to even protect us from one HIT, it doesn't even happen every single kill.  

Lol I feel someone hasn't read half my posts! xD As for the BoA, a few facts: - It actually already heals partners for more then the wielder. Wielder recieves 25% over time, partners in the aura get a min of 50%. i've covered a few guys as they capped and healed them up. Same during the spear scramble. - it doesn't give much Physical power at a. Just 50. - the floatiness of the L1 Square specisl in mid air is a pain. The invuln window is very small, and a parry kills a BoA users offense. I honestly think it's fine IF health on kill mechanics and a health on kill relic is introduced for Ares. Mainly the issue is slight buffs to Ares and some slight toning down on Zeus relics and Lightning Storm.

That's the thing though, if you implement more heals to the game such as more fountains, tons of health on kills, etc...you're just making a BoA user last so much longer.  Just because there's more ways to heal doesn't mean an ares player wouldn't take advantage of that.

And I know it only has 50 damage, but I've ran into so many zeus players with absolutely no damage on their armor...one guy had a full skorpion set (defense + CD) and a BoA and was just shredding my health...I understand if Zeus characters have kick **bleep** magic damage, but when you put a MELEE weapon into the hands of a SPELL caster and they're able to be on par melee damage wise with a ARES player who has 2 pieces of capped ares armor, 1 glad helmet and an ares hammer...there's something wrong there.  

The cooldown all on its own is just crazy then you combine that with full maxed level skorpion armor, you're able to escape battle more often, heal much more often and get people into that god awful annoying **bleep** floating air combo.  

Message 33 of 48 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Who said we need a billion other health sources? I'm talking just kills granting minor health returns. That would curb BoA use because it won't feel needed. I consider myself a competitive player. I would LOVE to find a different blade to use. But competitively nothing really beats the health BoA offers.

Tip for those having issues with BoA users. Pitbull them. When you see that aura ride them hard. The heal is VERY slow. You can out damage it easily if you can stay on them. It's when you let us disengage that you'll be sorry for it.
Message 34 of 48 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Viddik wrote:
Who said we need a billion other health sources? I'm talking just kills granting minor health returns. That would curb BoA use because it won't feel needed. I consider myself a competitive player. I would LOVE to find a different blade to use. But competitively nothing really beats the health BoA offers.

Tip for those having issues with BoA users. Pitbull them. When you see that aura ride them hard. The heal is VERY slow. You can out damage it easily if you can stay on them. It's when you let us disengage that you'll be sorry for it.

You've talked about different health fountains before...I have no specific time or place but I know you have.  Not only that, but do you honestly think that if ares got health for kills that they still wouldn't use it?  That'd make them way, WAY more aggressive because they can constantly heal themselves, run to fountains and then on top of that gain health from getting kills.  You'd be unstoppable.  Even if it's over kill you don't think people would abuse that?  I know they would.  

See, what you said right there is the exact definition of over powered.  I myself don't think it's necessarily "OP" but it is defiintely one of the best if not the best.  You said it yourself.. "I wish I had another sword to use" well there are literally plenty of swords...but the fact that you have to rely on this sword to combat the other swords and that other people need to change the way they play to accomodate this ONE sword...ONE out of countless weapons in the game... that literally is the exact definition of OP.  When you need to go out of your way and change the way you play so drastically in order to combat this one weapon. 

That's the thing about rushing them though, they have items and magic to use...items that give them health as well.  Or you can just run away.  I mean, we even have gameplay showing that you can play any way you want as long as you duck out for a minute and pop on that heal.  The guy even said he was total crap at the game and even hated it and then suddenly when he gets this weapon he gets a perfect match?  

This sword needs looked at... 

Message 35 of 48 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 24, 2012
My friend. I have NEVER said more fountains need to be put in. I said a simple heal per kill reward system would promote aggressive pmaying and create exciting comeback moments. That it would reduce the amount of players relying on BoA competitively. Because it would. The sword is OP against uninformed opponents and in the current climate where heals are so sporratic. If heals were rewarded per kill (not too much mind you. I posted example numbers numerous times here dont feel like doing so again) i personally wouldn't care about some lousy HoT. I've spoken to others about this. It'd be alot more fun to be more aggressive.
Yes, someone CAN still use BoA and camp a fountain. But if we're talking 8 man Favor he's out of the fight given the fountain location. If we're talking 4 man if the other three let him do that they deserve to lose.

TLDR; BoA is a terrible minor heal over time that can be out damaged, but is so strong because there is no better alternative for heals. Heals from Kills changes this dynamic. And this post is WAY off topic now lol
Message 36 of 48 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 24, 2012
If we have more heal options, people aren't going to need the BoA as much, that's right... but people will be able to take HUGE advantage of it in huge fights.

People will exploit this. It's not as bad as you make it sound. The heal is a very nice ability... it'll be a huge competitive aspect of the game...unless it's banned in tournaments which I can see it being forbidden.
Message 37 of 48 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 24, 2012
There's nothing to exploit though. It's working as intended and honestly isn't that bad. I was the first one here to raise concern over BoA and the synergy with Skorpian armor. The CD reduction on Skorpian armor was reduced. The heal on BoA has dropped from I'd say 20 health over time to 10-15. I've been killed through the aura. I've killed others through the aura. It's very possible.

It's just that saying in effect. "In the kingdom of the blind, the man with one eye is king." I understand your frusteration but trust me friend, the blade would not be as intimidating if a Brutal kill gave you that 15 back immediately as opposed to over 10 or 15 seconds. You know?
Message 38 of 48 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 24, 2012
It's an easy exploit if you do it right, especially with skorpion armor. You can constantly use your item to get away, then heal and just keep kiting (trailing enemies behind you until you get to a position where you can kill them) until you get fully healed.

It really takes away from the game especially when you're in a fight with someone who's really really good, they can just escape to gain health while I as an ares player have to be abused by their constant stiffling (silence), vaccuum powers, etc.

I just hate the sword... even though zeus isn't a melee type zues characters seem to deal very close damage, then on top of it the sword has higher defense than most of the armor on this game...along with healing ability and then it has a stupid flaotie Bs attack that can really rip into you.
Message 39 of 48 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I don't think the BoA is OP at all. It has virtually no L1+Δ attack damage so that's one less heavy attack to worry about coming from an enemy. Not to mention as far as Zeus' benefits go the item escapes are exactly that, escapes where as Ares' has some offensive benefit.

Message 40 of 48 (145 Views)
0 Likes