Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2250 posts

Zeus is too weak.

30 replies 816 views Edited Mar 14, 2013

People complained about him in the beta, but outside of relying on magic for everything you are dead whenever you are against multiple Ares/Hades.

Hades needs to be nerfed immediately, because I was being slaughtered by level 1's even with good defense gear. Zeus is the weakest out of all and if anything he needs a physical attack boost as well as a standard defense increase.

It gets really tiring dying constantly from stun-locking Hades players and Ares players. All Zeus can do when surrounded is Stun-n-run.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (816 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Re: Zeus is too weak.

Mar 14, 2013

I don't see the problem with Zeus yet, as a matter of fact for the one that kills me the most he is right behind Ares. As for the level one you should take into account that may not have been that persons first allegiance seeing as double XP has gotten people to 30 quick so maybe that person just knew how to work his character. This is only the third day lets give it a little time, if what you say is accurate all around then there will be a change but the few Zeus players I've fought were beast.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (798 Views)
Survivor
2250 posts

Mar 14, 2013

When you are the only Zeus against all Hades and Ares, which happens to me a majority of the time it's a losing situation. His defenses are just too weak along with his attack power.

Hades has too much of an advantage with the escapes and life syphoning.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (791 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Mar 14, 2013
My silver loving mother **bleep**er :smileywink:

Zeus has beastly relics, so I'm not seeing what you're seeing YET. As of now, I think Poseidons spear (not sure which) is a little noob-friendly, but I'm probably wrong. Yesterday was just a terrible day I could barely even play.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (786 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

When you are the only Zeus against all Hades and Ares, which happens to me a majority of the time it's a losing situation. His defenses are just too weak along with his attack power.

Hades has too much of an advantage with the escapes and life syphoning.

True but that is part of the package with Zeus and that's where strategy, a good partner and a mic come in. Zeus against many or any of them against many rarely ever sees a favorable outcome. Just makes sure you pick the best layout and if need be experiment with all your weapons, powers, items and relics. I'm sure after a little bit of research into him you come out with a Zeus that is beast.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (778 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2250 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I was on my mic for quite a while and it would be nice if they didn't stop working during matches. It reminds me of Starhawk all over with the constant disconnections and audio dropouts.

Most players aren't using mics and no one listens. I couldn't tell you how many times it was me against the entire opposite team, or a standard 2-3 on 1. Idiot teammates.

You would think that Zeus as the king of the Gods wouldn't be such a wimp. If you don't have access to magic you don't stand much of a chance doing anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (766 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 14, 2013

You must be insane, or not playing him correctly.  I started with Poseidon and leveled him until 10 and kept getting DESTROYED by Zeus characters.  until I realised all character can use spears and they were not God Specific, I then immediately swapped to Zeus.  His attacks are very CC based to control your enemy.  His secondary Magic attack that deals damage and stun locks your enemy allowing you to deal even more damage is Herpa Derpa broken, why this only costs 50 magic is beyond me, this needs increased to 100 ASAP.  Combined with the Relic that grants 50 Magic on opening chests is even more lolfest.  Stun lock, Combo, Launch, Tether,  Brutal kill, open chest Repeat. 

Toughest opponent is Hades by far currently as his mobility and boosts to Haste really make him a pain to kill.  Life Leech for hium when leveled and combined into Magic Attack Power is SUPER OP.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (762 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

I was on my mic for quite a while and it would be nice if they didn't stop working during matches. It reminds me of Starhawk all over with the constant disconnections and audio dropouts.

Most players aren't using mics and no one listens. I couldn't tell you how many times it was me against the entire opposite team, or a standard 2-3 on 1. Idiot teammates.

You would think that Zeus as the king of the Gods wouldn't be such a wimp. If you don't have access to magic you don't stand much of a chance doing anything.

Well as someone else on the forum pointed out Zeus is basically a mage meaning getting up close and personal isn't really the play style to employ. Look in to relics that give magic by performing certain actions. Take a look at his AoE moves, look at Items that offer resistence or pssible escapes. Look armor that reduces cooldowns and possibly look into the spears to help keep enemies at a distance.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2250 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Undysput3d wrote:

You must be insane, or not playing him correctly.  I started with Poseidon and leveled him until 10 and kept getting DESTROYED by Zeus characters.  until I realised all character can use spears and they were not God Specific, I then immediately swapped to Zeus.  His attacks are very CC based to control your enemy.  His secondary Magic attack that deals damage and stun locks your enemy allowing you to deal even more damage is Herpa Derpa broken, why this only costs 50 magic is beyond me, this needs increased to 100 ASAP.  Combined with the Relic that grants 50 Magic on opening chests is even more lolfest.  Stun lock, Combo, Launch, Tether,  Brutal kill, open chest Repeat. 

Toughest opponent is Hades by far currently as his mobility and boosts to Haste really make him a pain to kill.  Life Leech for hium when leveled and combined into Magic Attack Power is SUPER OP.

You're referring to the spark orbs that stun you? There is no secondary attack to that magic. The Spear of Zeus L1+[ ] fires a weak shot and leaves behind a spark ball as a trap if that's what you're referring to. It only affects you if you are hit by the projectile and then take follow up damage from the spark ball.

Zeus does not stun lock outside of the electricity. Hades and Ares can easily stun-lock you simply by doing combos. Blade of Zeus can combo you and stun-lock you with the shock attack but it has to be level 3 to really work well. You're also locked in position so it's easy to be vulnerable.

I haven't played as Poseidon but he's got better defense, healing, and stunning capability. He also has the highest health. I see people playing a lot more Hades and Ares so it's very difficult to fight against them, especially when it's two on one which always seems to be the case in the free for all modes. There are only a few instances where Zeus can benefit from available chests or magic pools, otherwise you have your work cut out for you. His damage output just isn't as strong and you have to do a lot more work to get kills.

Only low level players with weak setups would find Zeus to be over-powered. I'm only level 14 as Zeus and get mauled.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (744 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 14, 2013

I will never say he is OP since I've beaten a few myself but with my Level 30 Hades Character I'm using I have been beaten by some pretty good Zeus players.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (547 Views)
0 Likes