Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: Zeus still OP

Jan 9, 2013

i feel the biggest thing they need to do to balance out zeus in general is just atleast don't make his moves suck you in. thats the only reason why it is super unfair. because the moves are pretty avoidable being slow to release except the L1 triangle move but still avoidable. its the fact that it draws you in and unblockable thats why its so unfair.

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 9, 2013
After playing lower lvl Zeus opponents after the reset I can't help but think the problem with Lightning Storm isn't even the vacuum mechanic. It's the radius increases with level. If the strength of the hit increases instead it'd be much better. The relics still need looking into though.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I'd love to see some more variety for the relics of Ares. An increased health for kills relic would be nice. Maybe a relic that speeds item cooldown for kills or on death.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Ares would immediately gain validity if you swapped the chest mini game Relic for a relic that on a BRUTAL kill rewards back 15 health.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (648 Views)
Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist
402 posts

Jan 9, 2013

The point of our Beta here is to assess all balance, so we are absolutely listening and addressing. We may not be able to get further balance changes in, but are making our best efforts. Certainly for the final game, we will be making tons of balance changes, and continuing to improve from then on.

This is a heavy fighting game with a ton of things happening all at once. Like an RTS, Fighting, or FPS game, it's going to take a lot of testing and time, and YOU playing, to get this balance right.

We're on it!

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (617 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Just--Tank wrote:

The point of our Beta here is to assess all balance, so we are absolutely listening and addressing. We may not be able to get further balance changes in, but are making our best efforts. Certainly for the final game, we will be making tons of balance changes, and continuing to improve from then on.

This is a heavy fighting game with a ton of things happening all at once. Like an RTS, Fighting, or FPS game, it's going to take a lot of testing and time, and YOU playing, to get this balance right.

We're on it!

-Tank

As long as you guys understand the complaints and where they're coming from that's all I needed to know really.  

But expect to see a lot more threads on this from now until launch as not everyone is going to get the memo.  

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Thanks for the reply Tank. If I may though, didn't you mention in a previous post before the holidays that you all were looking to tone down Zeus champions? Fairly sure you did (forgive me on my phone atm) and if I recall correctly it was after that comment was made that Harmony and Chance got buffed. Was that an intentional change or...?
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (601 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 9, 2013
all these ares players just want to dominate the game themselves, i see. xD

it isn't about Zeus being OP, it's about Ares having a lack of a valid magic attack. all 3 attacks are useless, save for maybe the demi-god.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote:
all these ares players just want to dominate the game themselves, i see. xD

it isn't about Zeus being OP, it's about Ares having a lack of a valid magic attack. all 3 attacks are useless, save for maybe the demi-god.

It's not even just that though... 

Zeus has the best item in the game...allows you to esacpe from ANYTHING which is the ideal item...

His relics grant the whole team magic which is insanely useful, his other relic gives magic on kill, chest OR spawn...like that's INSANE.  

Then you look at his defense which is the same as ares even though he's a magic type... his class armor reveals that he's a "glass cannon" but only to magic?  ONLY to magic... which means you can have a solid defense/e. power build and not feel as vulernable as Ares does.

His offense is exactly like Ares too...you put on a Zeus weapon and it's noticable, but you put on one weapon like the BoA with full defense armor and suddenly Zeus attack rivals ares attack.  They can do the SAME EXACT combos as Ares except for the exception of the ares hammer...but Zeus sword has a much better L1+ triangle.  

Then there's the whole "silence" fiasco...makes it so you can't use the single most important button in the whole game.  AND it sticks more often than the flame DoT.  

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (594 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 9, 2013
^except that magic isn't as abundant as having a 495 Attack Power right at your fingertips. Ares players don't need MP to do huge damage. they can go straight to anyone and do combos. they're basically walking killer machines. if Zeus players didn't have MP they aren't that scary at all. most often than not, Zeus players don't have MP. they have to spend time searching for the mp fountain or opening chests. Ares players don't need to scavenge for resources at all.

except it clearly says "Low Chance of Magic" on spawn, kill, or chest. that's nowhere near insane. i've been through matches where it only reimbursed magic on me once or twice throughout the whole game.

and zeus also has the worst item: be invincible for 3/s or something. utterly useless item.

nowhere in the game did it say that zeus is only vulnerable to magic attacks. NOWHERE.

it rivals ares attacks? no way. i've used BoA on a zeus and it took me a considerable longer time to kill enemies than an ares with a BoA. not even close. a fully attack power-focused Ares with BoA is a beast. can kill enemies within 2 combo strings with no problem, or maybe even shorter.

after the patch, the L1+Tr on Zeus Hammer is much more vulnerable.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (588 Views)