Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2013
By: arbitor365 Splicer 66 posts

a more traditional training mode

5 replies 201 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

I think this game would greatly benefit from a more traditional "fighting game" training mode. meaning, that you can

1) fight and damage the enemy indefinitely

2) choose whether or not they fight back

3) display how much damage and how many hits your combo just performed

I have been trying to experiment with new combos, but its incredibly frustrating that the CPU character only lasts about 30 seconds at a time, not giving me enough time to practice.

im sure it wouldn’t be too difficult to add some of these options in here, right? I mean, this is a pretty in depth fighting game. hardcore players and newbies alike could make use of a mode such as this, to hone their techniques and truly test out  the strength of new character builds.

Message 1 of 6 (201 Views)
Survivor
2265 posts

Re: a more traditional training mode

Jan 20, 2013

Multiplayer is already ruined by people who excel at fighting games and juggle you into combo snares which pretty much result in players dying extremely fast.

Multiplayer like this should not be fighting game and combo focused when the game doesn't even give you a tutorial list of combos and moves.

Also, specific weapons have different combo abilities which also are not touched upon. People are spamming magic and combo juggling constantly.

Message 2 of 6 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Jan 20, 2013
^So what should your solution be?
Message 3 of 6 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2265 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Stop playing.

Message 4 of 6 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

He's right about this game not being a "combo" based game. You'll get used to it though. The combat is fine as is, IMO.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 5 of 6 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jan 20, 2013
There are some combos in the multiplayer that are pretty satisfying but none so much that you need the training AI to have more health. If you were able to create a combo that drained that much health I'd honestly be on the front lines asking SSM to remove it.

Again, having combos is nice, but if you're able to take someone from full health to red halo before they can attempt to retaliate then something'd wrong.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 6 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes