Highlighted
Jan 03 2013
By: ABU_ZHRH_ Splicer 83 posts

grappling still the problem :(

8 replies 232 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

when i try to execute someone the chain sometimes no grappling then som came and executed him thats not fear if but someone to stunne no one else will kill himm we want this and grappling while running is bot responsive

Message 1 of 9 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: grappling still the problem :(

Jan 3, 2013
I noticed it kind of went backwards a bit.

Sometimes when you knock someone into the air and grapple too fast, it'll bounce off instead of grappling...that is a HUGE problem I can't stress this enough. I should be able to grab them...they have the halo but you need to wait a while which is terrible for a multitude of reasons.

I noticed that the chain is really really short... someone will evade twice and I'll push R1 and on their second evade they're already too far out of my reach which is kind of silly even if they have insanely low health they can just escape by evading twice and then run to health.
Message 2 of 9 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 3, 2013
I noticed that also with juggling an opponent in the air and trying to grapple them. It's a timing thing and I agree that it should not be. That's has happened to me countless times, but I guess I've grown accustomed to it. But, it's still annoying because you can't always time it and juggling an opponent should always leave them vulnerable to a free hit. If they don't want to be hit while being juggled, they can use L2 to escape...provided they have it to use.
Message 3 of 9 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 3, 2013
The thing about the timing thing, it wasn't always a timing thing which throws me off even more. When using Ares sword you have to push R1 right away or you won't get a grapple off at all so I'm used to that really because I was sick of not getting off that extra damage.
Message 4 of 9 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Sometimes when you knock someone into the air and grapple too fast, it'll bounce off instead of grappling...that is a HUGE problem I can't stress this enough. I should be able to grab them...they have the halo but you need to wait a while which is terrible for a multitude of reasons.

I noticed that the chain is really really short... someone will evade twice and I'll push R1 and on their second evade they're already too far out of my reach which is kind of silly even if they have insanely low health they can just escape by evading twice and then run to health.

This is true. The chain is so short, that it makes dodge spamming unpunishable unless the person is up close. They need to either increase the chain length A LOT, or increase the recovery time between dodges so that they are less spammable. This is a nightmare for hammer users since it is already slow to use.

Message 5 of 9 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 4, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

This is true. The chain is so short, that it makes dodge spamming unpunishable unless the person is up close. They need to either increase the chain length A LOT, or increase the recovery time between dodges so that they are less spammable. This is a nightmare for hammer users since it is already slow to use.

It wouldn't hurt to make it a bit longer, maybe not by much because I noticed after they patched the grapple hook that people can now run and dodge away a lot easier and that makes it annoying when you're knocking people around then suddenly they just get up and run away to get health with like 25% or less health.  

Message 6 of 9 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 4, 2013

i sometime have problems with the grapple, sometimes it goes far and sometime it seems it wouldnt come out

Message 7 of 9 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013
CTF has really brought to light the chain grapple having a tad too short a range. It doesn't need a huge improvement, but a minute increase would do wonders.
Message 8 of 9 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Viddik wrote:
CTF has really brought to light the chain grapple having a tad too short a range. It doesn't need a huge improvement, but a minute increase would do wonders.

Its not even that, it is also favor of the gods match. I am starting to think that the recovery time for the dodging is way too quick. Seriously, it is ridiculous how easy it is to doge attacks. In additon, they kept spamming it so there is no way to counter. under lag. You cannot get a heavy attack off because of this. SM needs to increase the time between each dodge, since it should not be so abusable, to the point where a person can dodge 4 times into safety. It should be a last minute thing that requires timing instead of what it is now.

Message 9 of 9 (150 Views)
0 Likes