May 11 2013
By: PsychoSavage I Only Post Everything 989 posts

next stop mmo

26 replies 292 views Edited May 11, 2013
I was just curious with the ps4 coming out and the power that it will have it would be possible to have a next gen mmo. I was just wondering how many people would play or be interested in a god of war themed mmo? If it was done right I think it would be awesome. I figure it would be set way back before ascension and u would either be a spartan or trogen. Or maybe ur a faction fighting of the god vs a faction fighting for kratos. In any case with ssm imagination it could be done and done well i'd even pay $15 a month to ensure bugs and glitches would be under control. I just imagine guild wars 2 in the world of god of war and the pvp of world of warcraft (except more balanced). Any way wat do you guys think or how would you like to see it done?

Competition? Why yes, I would love some.
Message 1 of 27 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Re: next stop mmo

May 11, 2013
MMO = Always terrible, repetitive, crappy graphics (if it matters), terrible combat system (no matter what the developers tell), grinding grinding and grinding etc.

As flawed as this MP is, i would rather play this than ANY MMO out there. Now this ain't a terrible idea, but it is not really the IDEA that sucks in MMOs, it is the execution of that idea. Now could SSM or someone do it? Maybe... but seeing how poorly executed this is, i would not get my hopes up.
Message 2 of 27 (277 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

May 11, 2013

AAASASAS.JPG

Message 3 of 27 (271 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

May 11, 2013
I don't know. Wow executed it pretty well no matter how bad it is now it lasted since 2004 its now 2013 and they just now went below 9 million subs.

See this is the reason we are only getting fps games nowadays because since it hasn't been done to 100% satisfaction its impossible. I think it could be done and done well but that's just my opinion.

Competition? Why yes, I would love some.
Message 4 of 27 (259 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
889 posts

May 12, 2013
I still want an FPS that allows you to play as any country.... Why can't I play a WW2 shooter as the Hellenic armed forces defeating Italy? Or Finland during the Winter War? Why not play as Greeks in a modern FPS with a Kefefes sniper rifle or G36 AR? It annoys me that it's ALWAYS "USA! USA! We are the strongest! We are heroes!" I'm really sick of it!
Message 5 of 27 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

May 12, 2013
I will never play another mmo in my life -- Everquest and Everquest 2 stole 8 years of my life from me
Message 6 of 27 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 12, 2013

Crackle2012 wrote:
I will never play another mmo in my life -- Everquest and Everquest 2 stole 8 years of my life from me

Ha, well at least you made it out.

The only MMO I ever enjoyed was EvE.  In fact, the only reason I stopped playing was because I joined the military and I was pretty sure they weren't going to let me take gaming breaks in boot camp.  Smiley Wink

Most MMOs just require far too much time to really get anything out of them.  I am curious about Defiance though.  However, the beta was so terrible that it put me off buying the actual game.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 7 of 27 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

May 12, 2013

Noooo, I am not a fan of MMOs. If they ever make a GoW MMO well thats the time when I will quit buying GoW games.

Message 8 of 27 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

May 12, 2013

As much as I like MMOs (which is a fair bit) I would rather the multiplayer remain as a PvP multiplayer. I would personally like them to add more to the next multiplayer (weapons classes and maps) but make sure there are no glitches and exploits, or at least limited and rare occurrences. Although I would love an Open World God of War game for the single player component; that would be amazing but hard to pull off.

Message 9 of 27 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

May 12, 2013

Crackle2012 wrote:

LMAO! I only lost one year to Everquest 1...Ogre Shadow Knight...Ogre Warrior...Ogre Shaman ftmfw! lol but after losing that year, I swore off MMOs.  I even skipped FF11. However I will be testing the waters and monitoring my playtime for FF14:Reborn.

Long story short, I wouldn't play a God of War themed MMO only because I fear the addictive powers that MMOs possess. Of course I might be singing a different tune after FF14 Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 27 (161 Views)
0 Likes