May 09 2013
By: PsychoSavage I Only Post Everything 989 posts

poor sportsmanship

58 replies 4385 views Edited May 9, 2013
Ok so just need to vent a little I was in a match where both teammates left at the beginning so it was 3v1. Now I'm the type of play that won't quit I know I'm gonna lose but how sweet would it be if I won. So anyway I'm playing the game and doin my thing and come across them a couple times 1v1 and 2v1 or almost get a kill only to be interupted by another opponent and get killed before I could make it. No biggie its expected but wat really **bleep** me off is when they would 3v1 me with a pickup weapon then spam taunt me after I'm dead.......

Come the **bleep** on really???

1 taunt each is cool cause hey its extra xp but to sit there and spam it knowing **bleep** well your no where near better then me or deserving of the kill u just got. I mean even 3v1 combined they only killed me 3 more times then I killed them. Where is sportsmanship nowadays? Is the community really just a bunch of trolls. This is one reason I dislike playing online cause back in the day you could atleast punch ur little brother/friend if he pulled something like that. I don't know maybe I'm different or weird just my opinion I guess lol.

Funny thing is I got more mad at the taunt spamming then the loss or the groupbeatings

Competition? Why yes, I would love some.
Message 1 of 59 (4,385 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Re: poor sportsmanship

May 9, 2013

Taunting is essentially the same as Teabagging in an FPS.

If people can do something to incite emotion out of you, they will do it.

Message 2 of 59 (4,162 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

May 9, 2013

yeah, pretty awful when matches are so unbalanced .... the team mates that left you to battle on your own aren't much better - unless they lost the connection - didn't quit .... when I am in matches that lopsided, I generally just play objectives & don't attempt to kill the lone opponent ... why make it worse - if they have the metal to keep playing a loosing battle, gotta respect their efforts ... I've played to the bitter end in that same spot & do resent when 3 of the other team gang up for the kill - goodness, can't they try 1 vs 1 instead ? not likely they'll lose the match ....

Message 3 of 59 (3,543 Views)
Wastelander
739 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

Taunting is one of the most stupidest things every added to any kind of game. I'm usually to busy whooping a$$ or trying to save mine to taught anyone. Hades players have that bad because his taught is repulsive. That's just my just my opinion. The other allegiances have more of a celebration, but Hades truly has a taught.... b@stards.

I felt your rage for a moment. Lol! Synergy perhaps?

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW

Message 4 of 59 (3,098 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

May 9, 2013

well, THIS is the smalles problem for me. okay its not the fine way of war but i don´t give a fling.

i rather love killing people while the taunt and can´t do anything against it XD

Message 5 of 59 (2,934 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

May 9, 2013

I don't mind taunting in any situation, but when people SPAM TAUNT, then I just imagine them being a overexcited dickweed and that, p*sses me off though.

Message 6 of 59 (2,724 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

May 9, 2013

i kinda like it. i like anything that add more to a game. you killed him, he knows it and you show off.  thats the way of the gladiator (shadow of rome anybody?^^)

hades players are badass, zeus chars are bolt flinging, kill stealing smilly 3on1 ganker XD aah just kidding, thats life.

Message 7 of 59 (2,183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 9, 2013

Taunting doesn't bother me.  People do it to me when I get the better of them and they finally get me, I do it in kind.  However, I agree that when it's a 2v1, 3v1 or 4v1 that maybe you should stop going for world weapons and chests and just fight the poor guy.

Still, most people see it as an opportunity to pad stats. Plain and simple.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 8 of 59 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

Recently played a match, and got left alone against 4 opponents. So I'm not the quiting type - who cares if I will get another defeat in the stats...But on with the story. So here I am, running and cracking open the chests, but suddenly the enemy team shows up. Three players, running towards me. One graples me and punches to the ground...and they run by, capturing the points, and opening the chests...And they did that all the time till the end of the match. Offcourse they won, but I hadn't been killed even once, even when they had the opportunity, they just passed by. It's to bad I didn't remember the names of those honorable gamers. My point is, that the online gamers aren't all jеrks and trolls.

Message 9 of 59 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
739 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

I had a match like that last night except I was one of the four. I ran around collecting chests and reversing altars. If I ran into the guy, we'd fight. I'd kill him as we we're both going for the same objectives. Two of our players just stayed back and taunted the entire match. Myself and other just ran around opening chest and capturing altars.

I finished 3-0. The lonely fella finished like 2-6. He did pretty well against our other teammate. I sent him a message saying "much respect" cause he didn't quit when his entire team left at the beginning of the match.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW

Message 10 of 59 (652 Views)