Jan 23 2013
By: Lybiz First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

"NEW" Game Mode: Gladiatorial Combat

[ Edited ]
6 replies 243 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

G'day Santa Monica and God of War fans,

hope you're well.

I would like to suggest a Game Mode where fighters are unable to use Magic. Instead of Magic, they will be able to free animals or free Mythological characters from cages that will be placed somewhere in the special map called "Gladiatorial".

So the “Gladiatorial Combat”:

1. Gladiatorial Map: Colosseum Concept - Big arena having certain random areas on it: North side: pillars, South side: shallow pond, West: stone floor (enemies can’t get in or out from the floor), East: sand floor (enemies can get in or out from the sand).
  2. No Magic – Yes Animals and Mythological Characters: They will appear in cages or individually chained on floor and walls of the Gladiatorial Arena.
  • Wild Animals: no control; random heavy attacks; 5/10sec duration; can be killed or frightened.

i. Rhinoceros and Aurochs: they run like crazy passing over everyone;                                                       

ii. Barbary lions, Panthers, Leopards, Caspian Tigers: strong, powerful and fast as they are;

iii. Crocodiles: hard to kill, they flip around when killing someone.

• Mythological characters: can be controlled; 15/30sec duration then disappears; can be killed; ride can also be taken when “Myth” is unconscious by dragging out the actual rider; they do have exclusive Brutal Kill performers.

i. Chimera, Cerberus, Minotaur, Wraiths, Cerberus Seed, Undead Legionnaire, Gorgon, Cyclopes – and new ones from Ascension.

I can describe even more of what I have in mind but I need to do my duties here. I will come back and improve these ideas if you’d consider something good to keep me on a "brain storm". Really nice! The design of this Arena would be a very great pleasure to draw as well.

Message 1 of 7 (243 Views)
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Re: "NEW" Game Mode: Gladiatorial Combat

Jan 23, 2013

love your idea and a possible myth should be peagasis so you could fly around but also you could get a assassin like brutal kill by grapling the guy off peagasis and then in turn riding him your self and since he flys should have a reduced timer so its like a spear of olympus type deal .

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 7 (215 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Like the idea! It would be sweet to use a Cerberus on my enemy's and the coliseum sounds cool to.
Message 3 of 7 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Good one. You've just mencioned something really cool too. What would if instead of Celebrations made by Players, we have Cheers made by the crowd.

THEY DO NOT CELEBRATE. THEY ARE CHEERED!

It can be done in certain ways like:

A. Player clear the Sector: Cheered Medium
B. Player clear the Arena: Cheered Heavy
C. Brutal Kill: crowd get quiet during it and then brings Cheered
D. Player Wins: may vary as per number of deaths that winner had
*E. When the player with big ranking pops in, the crowd will cheer him more loud. Far from the top ranking? You far from the crowd's recognition.

Would be nice to have this ambient to boost the will.

Message 4 of 7 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Jan 23, 2013
WE NEED THE COLOSSEUM AS A MAP!
Message 5 of 7 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

One more awesome featuring for the Gladiatorial Combat:

Pollice verso

The round will go on 10min. But it does finish to respawn players having 30sec to end. At the end of these 30sec we will reach a stage where only two players will be fighting. The winner will not finish the other player.

When we have the last man defeated, and only then, the screen will start a 5sec county down and the other players will be able to vote THUMB UP or THUMB DOWN.

Well, if they (50%+1) choose THUMB UP the winner will do the BLOW OF MERCY (simple kill). But if they THUMB DOWN the winner will be able to do 1 of the 4 special kills called CONDEMNED to DEATH.

More players you kill with CONDEMNED to DEATH, more GLORY POINTS you will receive (something like Prestige).

I think it is ready to go!

cheeers 

Message 6 of 7 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

G'day Santa Monica and God of War fans,

hope you're well.

I would like to suggest a Game Mode where fighters are unable to use Magic. Instead of Magic, they will be able to free animals or free Mythological characters from cages that will be placed somewhere in the special map called "Gladiatorial".

“Gladiatorial Combat”:

1.Gladiatorial Map: Colosseum Concept - Big arena having certain random areas on it: North side: pillars, South side: shallow pond, West: stone floor (enemies can’t get in or out from the floor), East: sand floor (enemies can get in or out from the sand).

2.No Magic – Yes Animals and Mythological Characters: They will appear in cages or individually chained on floor and walls of the Gladiatorial Arena.

•Wild Animals: no control; random heavy attacks; 5/10sec duration; can be killed or frightened.

i. Rhinoceros and Aurochs: they run like crazy passing over everyone;                                                      

ii. Barbary lions, Panthers, Leopards, Caspian Tigers: strong, powerful and fast as they are;

iii. Crocodiles: hard to kill, they flip around when killing someone.

• Mythological characters: can be controlled; 15/30sec duration then disappears; can be killed; ride can also be taken when “Myth” is unconscious by dragging out the actual rider; they do have exclusive Brutal Kill performers.

i. Chimera, Cerberus, Minotaur, Wraiths, Cerberus Seed, Undead Legionnaire, Gorgon, Cyclopes – and new ones from Ascension.

THEY DO NOT CELEBRATE. THEY ARE CHEERED!

Would be nice to have this ambient to boost the will.

It can be done in certain ways like:

A. Player clear the Sector: Cheered Medium

B. Player clear the Arena: Cheered Heavy

C. Brutal Kill: crowd get quiet during it and then brings Cheered

D. Player Wins: may vary as per number of deaths that winner had

*E. When the player with big ranking pops in, the crowd will cheer him more loud. Far from the top ranking? You far from the crowd's recognition.

Pollice verso

The round have 10min. But it stops to respawn players having 30sec to finish. Almost at the end of these 30sec we will reach a stage where only two players will be fighting till one of them loose. The winner will not be able to kill the other player.

When we have the last man defeated, and only then, the screen will start a 5sec county down and the other players that were defeated before will be able to vote THUMB UP or THUMB DOWN.

Well, if they (50%+1) choose THUMB UP the winner will do the BLOW OF MERCY (simple kill). But if they THUMB DOWN the winner will be able to do 1 of the 4 randon special kills called CONDEMNED.

More CONDEMNED kills you perform, more GLORY POINTS you will receive. More CONDEMNED DEATHs you receive, more GLORY POINTS you may lose. 

THIS CAN BE THE BIGGEST MULTPLAYER GAME MODE EVER. BELIEVE ME!!!

Ps: would be nice to have the opportunity to play with the Gladiatorial Combat DEMO!

Ps2: I’m not a game designer. Just a big fan and also a “brain storm maker”

Ps3: The best console in the world

Ps4: Can I use it as DOCK for my SONY MOBILE PHONE? ;-)

Ps5: Hire me!

Message 7 of 7 (137 Views)
0 Likes