Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 17 2012
By: Rumba_Lumba Hekseville Citizen 300 posts

remove that spear of olympus cinematic!

51 replies 449 views Edited Dec 17, 2012

just give us a timer and a text reminder. that's it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 52 (449 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Re: remove that spear of olympus cinematic!

Dec 17, 2012
I disagree. It tells new players where to find the spear and can fill them with awe. But they should atleast make the cinematic shorter.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 52 (432 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Yeah, the intervention is annoying once you've played enough TFotG. @CB1993, there is a spear icon that tells you where it is anyway.
Freeflow-style player. Rapid adjustment to all situations.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 52 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 17, 2012
The cinematic is supposed to tell new players the spear's importance in the game. Having only a small icon doesn't do that aspect enough justice and may even go unnoticed. The best thing to do in my opinion is to shorten the cinematic's length so it doesn't become annoying after repeating the map over and over again
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 52 (420 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1325 posts

Dec 17, 2012

CB1993- wrote:
The cinematic is supposed to tell new players the spear's importance in the game. Having only a small icon doesn't do that aspect enough justice and may even go unnoticed. The best thing to do in my opinion is to shorten the cinematic's length so it doesn't become annoying after repeating the map over and over again

Agreed, I think the cinematic should stay... looks cool every time.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 52 (407 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 17, 2012

yes but sometimes I'm too busy fighting to pay attention to timer, get an enemy to brutal kill status and.............lives because cutscene happened just as he got into the status

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 52 (405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 17, 2012

The scene is awesome but it disorients the other players,also when your about to kill the cyclopse it says to press O but that's not the right button, the right button is R1 please look into it. I was also disopointed in the training for example you fail to mention how to use your magic and how to upgrade them and also how to earn coins For the magic. You also fail to mention on how to built your armor. Other than that it was an awesome experience thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 52 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3320 posts

Dec 17, 2012
after reading the other comments, i see why it is important to see it.
But my main gripe with it really is that if I was in a combo or something then it would be lost in that cutscene. Like I had the demi-god magic in use one time, spear flies down, after that my magic and ability are gone.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 52 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 18, 2012
it's the existence of the cutscene that's annoying. the gameplay is getting cut short, and the action is being limited, especially if you're in the middle of closely killing someone. it just disrupts gameplay and is very unnecessary.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 52 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Despite what people are saying in this thread, button inputs still register during the cutscene. I've captured alters, landed killing blows, gotten ringouts, and triggered trap kills after the cutscene has started. But only at the beginning, not in the middle or near the end of it.

Regardless, I think I have a solution to this cutscene predicament. The announcer from the beginning should proclaim,

"Warriors! A divine gift from Olympus has landed on the battlefield! May the fiercest champion wield its power and bring glory to the Gods!"

And while he says this the screen should shake (very slightly) and the controller should rumble a bit, giving the effect of the spear landing and causing a thunderous tremor. Keep the indicator icon so people can always find it and see who is in possession of it. A cutscene showing it's exact location is unnecessary because you only have to play a game or two to figure out where it lands.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 52 (361 Views)