Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Re: remove that spear of olympus cinematic!

Dec 27, 2012
ok how about this...Wile the Spear is in it's cinematic stage, everything else but the cyclops freezes so that you can continue your combos and lets say you changed to demi god mode...the timer on the demi god mode will freez wile this Cinematic is in motion.

lawl.jpg

Message 31 of 52 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Dec 27, 2012

DelSol-97- wrote:

@1DropDead

For team favor of the Gods, when then spear drops down it will spawn in front of the cyclops. Just go up to it and press R1 than O repeatedly. Once you obtain it you can attack the cyclops with O, after a few hits he will collapse, run up to his head and press R1 to finish him off Smiley Happy

Basically the spear allows you to kill the cyclops and gain 1000 points from doing so, or you can keep it and run through your enemies to catch up (very powerful weapon)

Hope that helps.

That makes  sense, thanks. 

Message 32 of 52 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 28, 2012

The cinematic is important. It gives you the notion that the gods are watching and gives a bit more of an epic feeling to the gameplay. There's a countdown for it so everyone (except the people in battle) should be prepared for it. As for battle there's no real good way to put it back unless you have a perfect pause. If it kicks in when you're launching someone it should start again with you launching them.

Message 33 of 52 (265 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Screwing me over in or out of combat just to poorly register a theme such as 'the Gods are watching' is bad design.

When anything remotely similar to this (e.g. showing a single platform appear after killing an enemy) happened in the singleplayer campaigns of the God of War Saga, the game would at least have the courtesy to give Kratos temporary invulnerability and prevent further action on both sides — cases like this were rare, too.

Any engrossing thematic display that the devs are hoping to present with this cutscene just falls flat for me, currently. Why should I care when I've just been killed yet again due to this cutscene, whether by trap, magic, the Cyclops, or some other form of damage that occurs in between? Or maybe I was just about to stop someone from getting an altar, but now they can finish claiming it while my avatar stands by.

You'd be better off showing it at the beginning of the game, rather than taking control from me halfway through. Seeing it once was enough, anyhow. At this point, it's just a nuisance. Please find an another way.

Also, don't get me wrong. I still love this game so far. I'm just emphatically voicing my opinion over this because it's affected my experience at least several times.

Message 34 of 52 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Dec 29, 2012

The spear cinematic needs to stay... It adds the God of War flavor to the MP and is awsome.  Regardless, I am not going to NOT buy the game if you remove the cinematic, obviously, lol.  People who think that it should be removed are still going to love the game if the cinematic stays.  I don't really even think this is an issue to be honest.  In my opinion, it should stay though.

Message 35 of 52 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I agree it should stay, I just want it to be shorter. It can be kind of annoying from dying because of this cinematic.
Message 36 of 52 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 12, 2013
happened again today. titan about to attack, i'm about to go away from the altar and suddenly the spear cinematic kicks in and i'm dead. **bleep** this **bleep**.
Message 37 of 52 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Had another problem with the Spear today. One of the players didn't lose control and managed to combo me into a brutal kill while the cutscene was playing. By the time it ended, I got to see my corpse fade away.
Message 38 of 52 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1279 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Yeah it is unnecessary and can be annoying if you're in the middle of something then you have to wait a couple seconds just to get back to doing what you were doing. Definitely should either cut it short to just watching it land which should be only like 2 seconds or just have the announcer say that it has landed and have the screen shake + controller rumble like captainkhronic said.
"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 39 of 52 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

I would personally like the cutscene removed since it interrupts any fight I was in. My idea:

> Tutorial for each mode, where a camera pans over the map and highlights key elements that we should know about and explains what our objective is.

> Remove cutscene, since it was explained in the tutorial (perhaps ask us if we want to view the tutorial before selecting a mode).

> Have the screen shake and go a bit light-bluish when the spear falls, while also displaying a message and maybe a voiceover.

Message 40 of 52 (182 Views)
0 Likes