I have just finished the game and I am confused on the story. Major spoilers so dont read on if you havent finished the game.
1. I was under the assumption this game takes place after GOW3. If this is between 2 and 3 then, at the end of 3 does someone take his body or he crawls himself off the edge? So when does this story really take place?
2. I am guessing this game takes place between 2 and 3 because Posiden says Kratos will pay for what he did to Atlantis, which you see in this game.
2. What was the point of King Midas other then touching the lava to turn it to gold in order to cross. Every character that was introduced had been used in purpose for a item needed or contributed to the story. I thought King Midas was a waste.
3. Wasnt his mother already bewitched once for telling Kratos who his father was, so he meets her again and the same thing happens? Did anyone else find that part a bit stupid. Also does it sound like she says Ares is his father and not Zeus? And after the credits theres the grave digger who says there 1 more if you look close behind him you can see a middle grave and he has a scar similar to that of Demios and Kratos but his in on his left eye and Kratos on the right. I thought someone said you find out who the grave digger is after you do the challenges which i haven't started yet.
4. At the end of this one, Athena comes out as her normal self and not the ghostly image in 3. She was killed in 2, and the next time you see her is as the ghost. So that threw me off.
Maybe someone can help me under stand it better. I thought the game was great and play felt like the mix of GOW 2/3. The game ran smooth. It was fun to play but the story line just kept throwing me off. Even though i like this game, i rather have seen the studio release this kind of content on the PS3 as DLC or have them work on the levels they did leave out and do it as DLC.
I felt CoO provided more to the story this game did. Maybe thats just me.
how can CoO be before GOW 1? In CoO he was already doing the biding of the gods and was pist when he first met atlas. Kratos said he no longer did the bidding of the gods. Thats why i thought was CoO was after GOW 1. Unless i missed something
^You missed alot.
CoO is set during the 10 year servitude. GoW1 is at the ass-end of that. The final mission really.
The second meeting with Atlas is where he whines about doing their bidding. The first is when he says he will serve them and they'll keep their promise (which Atlas laughs at then notes they'll meet again).