Feb 28 2011
By: rlg1989 Gaming Beast 2346 posts

My thoughts on Ghost of Sparta

3 replies 274 views Edited Feb 28, 2011

I'm pretty sure no one even looks at these forums but here's my thoughts on the game....

I really loved the game.. It was perfect gameplay-wise and everything just seemed to be perfectly suited to the PSP.  The only annoyances came from limitations of the PSP so they can easily be overlooked.

One thing that I didn't like, however, was the story.  It's not that the story was necessarliy bad, it's just that it seemed like it should have never been.  Yeah, it's cool that Kratos has a brother and everything, but Kratos felt out of character the whole game. I've played every game except Betrayal, and so far, God of War III has been my favorite. As far as gameplay, they're all tied.. The thing that made III so great was the fact that Kratos was just Kratos.. The story of III isn't an award winner, but rage is what make Kratos, well, Kratos. In God of War III, Kratos is just plain pissed off at everything and everyone, and this makes for an entertaining experience.. I cringe in Ghost of Sparta when Kratos shows a "softer side".  It just doesn't seem right for this series..

Other than that, the game is perfect. I really enjoyed playing it, even though I'm late to the party for this one. 

Message 1 of 4 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: My thoughts on Ghost of Sparta

Mar 7, 2011

I didn't finish reading about the story because I haven't beat the game yet, but I have to agree it's epic so far. To be honest I'm having a hell of a lot more fun than GOW3.

Message 2 of 4 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Mar 9, 2011

That's a bold thing to say. The whole idea of Kratos having a 'softer side' is that there is a hole new dimension added to his character and that's a very good thing. It shows that he's not all kill first you know. Not that his past characteristics were bad because I actually think that Ready at Dawn just made this game not only for us hardcore God of War gamers but for people who want to get into the franchise and seriously connect to Kratos.

Message 3 of 4 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2346 posts

Mar 11, 2011

I can't exactly put my finger on why, but it just feels a little forced.. Maybe it's because I'm so used to his character in previous games. I've beaten it twice back to back in the last two weeks and I cringe at the final 15 minutes or so every time. I almost have to mute it so I don't hear "Diemos!" every two seconds. I'm not saying that I could have written it better, but I think someone could have. Then again, maybe it's not the writing - I'm not sure. I'm going to play it again and try and figure out just exactly doesn't feel right to me.  (Which will be fine by me because this game is seriously fun to play!)

Message 4 of 4 (274 Views)
0 Likes